Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

It's more difficult to resell a PS4 on ebay if it comes with a game. ;)

Only die hard fans would preorder a game which is still in production and doesn't have any reviews.

We don't even have the whole list of launch releases. Games are never out of stock at launch, why choose so early?

It's a crappy way of doing business and one of the reason I hate gamestop. It means they reserve a certain number of allotment to push bundles, while these additional units should have filled the "standard" edition orders instead. Like a "fast lane" if you give them more money than another customer. Amazon seems to be doing the same thing in the US.

I preordered (from BB) with two games.

I figured that it's been so long since this generation started that you'll see a decent improvement over current gen.

And in this case, I got a couple of EA Sports games, which seem to decline by the end of the generation. I recall the ones released right before or after a next-gen console launch to be one of the worst versions, as if they've migrated all the good developers over to the next gen product and the last gen version was allowed to go to the dogs.

Thing is most games with Steamworks DRM have no downside to buying physical copies since Tue disc isn't important, the code is. With the Xbox One DRM scheme dead, physical copies are not the same as digital. For example, I don't see how you can ever allow someone to play without the disc if they bought a physical copy.

I would expect a GS to have a special relationship with the big three which would facilitate a larger allotment of systems available for preorder. Same thing probably exist for Bestbuy too; it would be sort of interesting to see an actual breakdown of who sells the most consoles at launch, 6 months out, 1 year, 2 year and so on. My guess would be GS and Bestbuy would have a much larger share at launch but by the time systems are nolonger supply constrained Walmart has largely caught up.

It seems despite all of the screw ups Microsoft had, people still want to buy the more expensive console (which is a good thing, it means it will really only be about the games).

Did the Wii U sell out of pre-orders? I remember a huge stack of them available in December (bad sign).

It seems despite all of the screw ups Microsoft had, people still want to buy the more expensive console (which is a good thing, it means it will really only be about the games).

Did the Wii U sell out of pre-orders? I remember a huge stack of them available in December (bad sign).

Selling out of pre-orders doesn't mean much.

PS3 also sold out of all pre-orders. 1 month after launch you could easily find pallets with them in retail stores in the US.

The stock situation after Christmas will be more interesting with regards to PS4 and Xbox One. However, I expect both to be sold out at that point.

Regards,
SB

I would like to start an official discussion sub-thread within this thread about PS4 and Xbox One pre-orders deals and offers.

I don't know what's the best looking deal in your area, but I've heard of places where retail stores like Game give you a game for free if you buy the Xbox One, and discount coupons for the PS4, etc.

Okay, let's get started:

PS4 cut to £310 using a voucher loophole and the Xbox One price slashed by £45 using a coupon trick.

This is Toys 'R' Us, where you can get £45 off on Xbox One and -10% off your next purchase.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/419649/xbox-one-price-slashed-by-pound45-with-coupon-trick

Microsoft give you an entire year of Xbox Live Gold for free if you buy an Office 365 subscription --Office 365 features some programs like OneNote.

http://thenextweb.com/microsoft/201...r-free-if-you-buy-an-office-365-subscription/

Well PS3 sold out at launch and cost as much.

The high price will slow them down eventually. It looks like they'll beat Xbox360 launch numbers though.

The high price will slow them down eventually. It looks like they'll beat Xbox360 launch numbers though.
Not that it is very complicated though, especially when the Xbox 360 was the successor of a console that didn't sell much.

However, the predictions can be accurate or inaccurate depending on the source. I am surprised at some statements though, like this one which says that the PS4 could be outshipped by the Xbox One three-to-one, which I don't think is true when you take into account the yield problems and how the components of the APU in PS4 seem to be more straightforward from a design point of view.

Aside from that, Sony won the core gamers and they drive LOTS of initial sales and take some casuals in tow too. But the rest of the generation remains -unsurprisingly- undecided and you never know what will happen, of course.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/420459/xbox-one-may-outship-ps4-according-to-analyst/

The high price will only slow them down if they can't reduce the price when demand drops.

If demand holds high through spring of 2014 and sales slow in the summer as long as they drop in the fall they are fine.

The ps3 came out $100-$300 more expensive than the xbox 360 and wasn't able to drop in price for quite a long time. The xbox one is only $100 more expensive. Not only that but the xbox one launches at the same time , not a year after and so the xbox one will go launch game vs launch game while the ps3 had to deal with a second round of games from the xbox 360 such as gears of war.

The high price will only slow them down if they can't reduce the price when demand drops.

If demand holds high through spring of 2014 and sales slow in the summer as long as they drop in the fall they are fine.

that's the most likely scenario imo. price drop in fall of 2014 at the earliest. which is lame.

and hell if they're selling enough they wont even do that.

Was watching an ouya review and realized the grand canyon sized gap between 99 dollars and 499. ridiculous. you can never be mass market at those prices.

Gamestop joins the retail stores which sold out on Xbox One pre-orders. I am quite surprised...
Everything sells out at launch. One need only point to Wii U's strong-than-PS360 launch sales to show they don't necessarily represent wide-scale consumer interest to any great degree.

I imagine we'll be flooded with Xbox TV/Kinect/Game marketing come launch time, unlike the near silence surrounding and following WiiU launch.

that's the most likely scenario imo. price drop in fall of 2014 at the earliest. which is lame.

and hell if they're selling enough they wont even do that.

Was watching an ouya review and realized the grand canyon sized gap between 99 dollars and 499. ridiculous. you can never be mass market at those prices.

Dunno whats lame about it. The Ouya is based on old phone tech , Its already out dated and is not worth while .

The xbox one will be popular at $500 and MS will make money at launch on it and as costs go down MS will be able to lower the price. Lots of interesting things will happen next year when you see the revenue amounts from sony and ms (unless sony finds new ways to hide its numbers)

What would happen to Sony's numbers if PS4 sells millions in its first fiscal year and happens to make a profit?

Pre Ordered my XBOX 180+90 today, still on track to get the launch edition, the Gamestop dude didn't really know what the price would be, nor the date or if what they would include in the "bonus" package,

He did make a point of how it would support used games and that he estimated it to be $100-200 more expensive than the PS4 and he blamed the Kinect.

They only had a PS4 pre-order here sign in front of the store, nothing on the XBOX 1

Last edited by a moderator:
Back