Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

I am assuming that Eastman is referring to the discussion we had a while back about PS4 pre-orders possibly not being tied to a specific guidance from Sony. At the time he said PS4 pre-orders were handled in a very laissez faire manner, according to him Sony didn't provide any numbers to Gamestop and Gamestop opted to accept pre-orders even though they have know idea how many units will be made available to them. Which if true could mean that some if not many of the people who pre-ordered PS4 might not get machines at launch. He can correct this if I am wrong.

Yes , also yield issues aren't limited to just one company .

Yes , also yield issues aren't limited to just one company .

If Sony has major yield issues I doubt they be launching in October then. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Something tells me that MS' situation isn't as dire as the internets make it out to be and Sony's isn't all rosy either.

If Sony has major yield issues I doubt they be launching in October then. I guess we'll know soon enough.

Something tells me that MS' situation isn't as dire as the internets make it out to be and Sony's isn't all rosy either.

Is sony launching in oct ? Where is sony launching ?

Sony hasn't said anything. They could launch in just one region with limited supply in oct maybe... I don't know about that though. But I bet if sony launches in just a few regions the internet wont run around like chicken little thinking the sky is falling for sony. It will be spun in a positive light since its not ms

Sony hasn't said anything. They could launch in just one region with limited supply in oct maybe... I don't know about that though. But I bet if sony launches in just a few regions the internet wont run around like chicken little thinking the sky is falling for sony. It will be spun in a positive light since its not ms

I guess as long as Sony is wise and doesn't say a number then retract it all is good.

I am sure of that. It seems that Sony can do no wrong according to the certain game websites these days.

As to a rumored October launch, it's just a rumor from GAF/retail worker who claims a oct 21st launch was provided by their head office. Nothing more

I am sure of that. It seems that Sony can do no wrong according to the certain game websites these days.

As to a rumored October launch, it's just a rumor from GAF/retail worker who claims a oct 21st launch was provided by their head office. Nothing more

MS has done a decent job the last couple of weeks dripping information out about the XB1 and the media has covered these announcements fairly. We have lots of time between now and the launch of XB1 so hopefully they turn it around. But can we please stop acting like MS is a victim here?

Only official from both MS and Sony, before the now announced delay, was holiday 2013 right?

I've been wondering lately how supply constrained both the XB1 and PS4 are likely to be 3 to 6 months out from release. The overall designs are much more conventional which suggest that both platform holders should be able to ramp up production rather quickly. Any thoughts? Also how many units do people think will move in NA, Europe and Asia at launch, 6 months in and 12 months? I'd like to see some projections for both platforms as well as the WiiU if anyone cares to share.

Rumours lately are pointing to a pretty early release for PS4, so hopefully it pans out for whoever is aiming for that.

Last one I read even went pretty specific to October 21. I have a PS4 preordered... the earlier is better for me :)

Also it sounds like Sony will be announcing the release dates on Aug 20 at Gamescom. Their announcement is coming at their 1 pm EDT (6 pm UK) conference.

For what it is worth, the retailer i could pump for information indicated that their sales pre-order sales for the PS4 and XB1 was as follows, the PS4 was ahead by at least 33%. Their Pre-order for the PS4 was announced later than the the XBOX1 so that might influence the PS4 number negatively.

Also, Gamestop said that they did NOT have any confirmation on ANYTHING from Sony, they only had info on the same "level" as they did with the XBOX 1, and as they said, that was postponed, so nothing is certain around here..

And the price difference seems to be less than $100, which in our market is pretty remarkable and positive for the XBOX1.

Personally, I'm expecting both consoles to sell 3m+ this year.

But, I'm wondering if it will be possible for one of them to reach a 10m install base by the end of 2014. I think Sony can do it, but I don't think MS can unless they become aggressive with the price next year, maybe even early next year. I think the $100 difference will be huge in the slow months of next year.

Personally, I'm expecting both consoles to sell 3m+ this year.

But, I'm wondering if it will be possible for one of them to reach a 10m install base by the end of 2014. I think Sony can do it, but I don't think MS can unless they become aggressive with the price next year, maybe even early next year. I think the $100 difference will be huge in the slow months of next year.

It is best for Sony to establish a lead asap, if they want an easier fight. But it will be a marathon anyway.

Amazon have emailed me again to say that they are removing all postage costs from pre-orders on consoles and video games. And they are promising to have the item(s) delivered on launch day.

Never mind the money off, it's the frequency of the emails that is getting me. They are automated which would imply that they are triggered by something in the delivery chain. In this case I would speculate on stock movement.

With the rumoured October release for the PS4 this is quite exciting!!

Back