Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

One last time, if you would please, keep the sales comparisons, console wars, and other noise out of this thread. The intent of this thread is for information in regards to the pre-order of the next gen consoles, their accessories, games etc. Not another comparison thread filled with useless noise. Thank you.

One last time, if you would please, keep the sales comparisons, console wars, and other noise out of this thread. The intent of this thread is for information in regards to the pre-order of the next gen consoles, their accessories, games etc. Not another comparison thread filled with useless noise. Thank you.
:yep2:

I don't know if it will work for wireless sticks. They are using a different protocol. Mabye wired ?

Yup, only care about wired for my Madcatz stick. I don't see really see a good feasible reason to sell me on an updated stick.

The vidz all have the same layout as my current TE sticks and USB3 is BC compat w/ USB2.

Yup, only care about wired for my Madcatz stick. I don't see really see a good feasible reason to sell me on an updated stick.

The vidz all have the same layout as my current TE sticks and USB3 is BC compat w/ USB2.

those are just prototype controllers , they said they have special announcements coming up closer to launch and will show the finished design.

Maybe the title should be more clear then. I clicked on this thread wondering what it was about lol.

Pre-order Information/Help in the thread title might help.

Maybe the title should be more clear then. I clicked on this thread wondering what it was about lol.

Pre-order Information/Help in the thread title might help.

Good idea.

EDIT

Mod request, thread title change to "Pre-Order Information/Help - Xbox One | PS4". Thank you.

Game came to an agreement with Microsoft here where I live and they are offering an excellent pre-order deal by giving people a game for free (they let you choose between Ryse and Forza 5) :oops: if you pre-order the Day One edition of the Xbox One.

There is more to it though. Additionally, they give you what they call a "Xbox One Pre-Order" card with the following benefits: :smile:

- A free game (either Ryse or Forza 5 -retail disc only-) and a Xbox One console granted on launch day.

- A 20% overvaluation of your used games which they will add directly to your card's balance.

- A 15% overvaluation of your used hardware for those who want to trade-in their old consoles.

- Discounts in videogames and accessories, peripherals and the like.

- You can use your Xbox One Day One pre-order card as a money box. Using the card as a piggybank people can start to save money today, for instance, and you can deposit money how and when you want to. Putting money in helps with future discounts and so on.

Great stuff if you ask me.

p.s. On a different note, I've decided that I am going to buy most of my games in retail discs, just to support Game and other retail stores. They have a lot of young people working there.

Game came to an agreement with Microsoft here where I live and they are offering an excellent pre-order deal by giving people a game for free (they let you choose between Ryse and Forza 5) :oops: if you pre-order the Day One edition of the Xbox One.

There is more to it though. Additionally, they give you what they call a "Xbox One Pre-Order" card with the following benefits: :smile:

- A free game (either Ryse or Forza 5 -retail disc only-) and a Xbox One console granted on launch day.

- A 20% overvaluation of your used games which they will add directly to your card's balance.

- A 15% overvaluation of your used hardware for those who want to trade-in their old consoles.

- Discounts in videogames and accessories, peripherals and the like.

- You can use your Xbox One Day One pre-order card as a money box. Using the card as a piggybank people can start to save money today, for instance, and you can deposit money how and when you want to. Putting money in helps with future discounts and so on.

Great stuff if you ask me.

p.s. On a different note, I've decided that I am going to buy most of my games in retail discs, just to support Game and other retail stores. They have a lot of young people working there.

Even multiplayer games? Seems like they'd take the greatest advantage of background match making

Looks like an October launch for the PS4. There are several rumours going around that seem to corroborate each other. But I guess the we'll find out at Gamescon.

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/xbox-one-confirmed-markets

At E3, we announced that Xbox One would be available in 21 markets around the world at launch. This was an aggressive goal and the team has been working very hard to deliver Xbox One to as many markets as possible.

Our priority is ensuring our customers get the best Xbox One experience the first day it is available. To do that, and in order to meet demand, we have adjusted the number of markets that will receive Xbox One in November to 13 markets, including Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Spain, United Kingdom, United States and New Zealand, in November.

We remain committed to launching Xbox One in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, as soon as possible in 2014.

Hmm, launch in Spain and Italy but not Netherlands or Switzerland?

Spain and Italy are big countries population-wise but really hurting economically.

Denmark, Norway and Switzerland may have smaller populations but on average are more affluent.

Omitting Switzerland is strange when you consider that they're launching in Italy, France and Germany, with the same languages which would be supported in Switzerland.

MS knows its preorders well. So its most likely the countries that showed the least interested in the xbox one.

Going to be interesting when the other shoe drops

MS knows its preorders well. So its most likely the countries that showed the least interested in the xbox one.

Going to be interesting when the other shoe drops

HEY! that is MY pre-order you are talking about :-/

This sucks, but i guess i should be happy that i got one thing answered:

incorporate additional voice and languages

I will be able to talk to my XB1 when i get one.. in 2014.. now i just hope Sony comes through :-/

EDIT: Ohh and a free game!

Other shoe?

Drop Kinect and cut the price?

I am assuming that Eastman is referring to the discussion we had a while back about PS4 pre-orders possibly not being tied to a specific guidance from Sony. At the time he said PS4 pre-orders were handled in a very laissez faire manner, according to him Sony didn't provide any numbers to Gamestop and Gamestop opted to accept pre-orders even though they have know idea how many units will be made available to them. Which if true could mean that some if not many of the people who pre-ordered PS4 might not get machines at launch. He can correct this if I am wrong.

So depending on if additional preorder slots are opened up or not within the next week or so, we'll have a better picture on the allocation and yield situation.

Slots added = optimizing allocations towards countries with higher preorder interest.

No slots added = yield issues are of concern.

So depending on if additional preorder slots are opened up or not within the next week or so, we'll have a better picture on the allocation and yield situation.

Slots added = optimizing allocations towards countries with higher preorder interest.

No slots added = yield issues are of concern.

Especially is they are aiming for an October 21st release date for the PS4.

Back