Pre-Order Info/Help - PS4/XO

Well now the cats out of the bag with the release date I just received my pre-order confirmation details from Amazon.

Killzone - Shadowfall - November 29
Watch Dogs - November 29
PS4 - November 29

Just after my birthday. w00t!

Edit*

And the PSeye Camera - November 29.

And Amazon are now doing free postage on pre-orders!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamestop are reporting 1.5 million on the PS4 first to know list, and 700K on the XB1. I guess it's numbers like that which put the wind in MS's sails...

best buy has xbox day one preorders open again, stock seems very plentiful of xbox one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microso...2536&ci_src=11138&ref=39&loc=01&CJPID=6149513

If it's even true.

it is

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/gamestop-forecasting-largest-console-launch-in-history-6413492

I think it's time, Microsoft, to kick us in a free game here in the US...

Although sadly thinking it out just now, most likely they'll still sell every unit. It's only August. So they probably wont give us a free game. I only had a little hope because when asked about free game for USA, Phil Harrison only said we're here to talk about Europe, not anything negative.

How about instead of a free game, throw the US 1 free year of XBL Gold and their Music Unlimited?

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/gamestop-forecasting-largest-console-launch-in-history-6413492
GameStop president Tony Bartel said the company's launch allocations for the Xbox One and PS4 are "much stronger" relative to the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. He said GameStop expects a "significant increase" in launch quantities for both platforms.

This quote suggest that GS did in fact get guidance from Sony about number the units available for pre-order contrary to what has been discussed here previously....

"Expecting" more units than PS360 launch is setting the bar very low, if I remember correctly both were in a pretty bad situation. MS because they rushed to get it out early, and Sony had problems with the freakin lazer beams. Nothing like this is "expected" this time.

Gamestop are reporting 1.5 million on the PS4 first to know list, and 700K on the XB1. I guess it's numbers like that which put the wind in MS's sails...

Not too surprising, the market that is interested mostly in Kinect and TV integration aren't going to be the types to even step into a Gamestop unless their kid drags them into the store.

Regards,
SB

Not too surprising, the market that is interested mostly in Kinect and TV integration aren't going to be the types to even step into a Gamestop unless their kid drags them into the store.

Regards,
SB

I always wondered whether that market actually exists with regards to a games console. Or is it a market that MS are inventing so they can get their foot in the door before Apple, Google et al. Or even Sony of they continue their media expansion.

I always wondered whether that market actually exists with regards to a games console. Or is it a market that MS are inventing so they can get their foot in the door before Apple, Google et al. Or even Sony of they continue their media expansion.

It does. I have some family members and friends that are interested in Kinect. Both for gaming (they have never gamed in their life on a console, ever) as well as for exercise.

Some are waiting for X360 to go down in price (anything over 100 USD is considered expensive to them) and some are waiting since the new Xbox is going to be out soon.

Regards,
SB

best buy has xbox day one preorders open again, stock seems very plentiful of xbox one.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Microso...2536&ci_src=11138&ref=39&loc=01&CJPID=6149513

it is

Although sadly thinking it out just now, most likely they'll still sell every unit. It's only August. So they probably wont give us a free game. I only had a little hope because when asked about free game for USA, Phil Harrison only said we're here to talk about Europe, not anything negative.
Here in continental Europe we can get two games for free with a GAME's special offer, FIFA 14 and Ryse/Forza 5. Other stores give you a second controller for free, 12 months of Xbox Live for free, etc.

So I think it's a good idea not taking the USA market for granted. Nobody would object to that, I think.

I wonder if there are some similar special offers in the UK though. Last time I checked at game.co.uk I found nothing at all in that regard.

They're all chasing the Holy Grail of living room convergence.

The only money in the living room is taking money from the cable and satellite TV companies, which is why Netflix is a high flyer to a certain extent.

But cable TV companies control the last mile ...

They're all chasing the Holy Grail of living room convergence.

The only money in the living room is taking money from the cable and satellite TV companies, which is why Netflix is a high flyer to a certain extent.

But cable TV companies control the last mile ...

That's one part of it. But they'd also like to get into every retirement home, rehabilitation center, kid's hospital, etc. like the Wii has done.

Regards,
SB

it is

Next week for the Launch date announcement for the states (gamestop manager meeting which is now open to the public for a few days in vegas)

I also think we will get a free game also, Part of me hopes its fifa , not a huge amount f appeal but from a fans point of view , its a game i'd like to try but would never buy on my own

I'd actually prefer something more Kinect oriented. Like Kinect Sports Rivals or a follow up to Kinect Adventures (I like playing that with my nieces and nephews).

What would be even better is if they did an AMD video card like free game thing. Pick one game from a list of digitally distributed games.

Oh wait, that works for people with PCs because people with PCs have internet connections. That wouldn't work for console people because as we've been told numerous times here on the forum, a lot of people don't have halfway decent internet access.

And the last thing I want is a physical disk that has to be inserted into the machine everytime I want to play that game. No thanks.

Regards,
SB

I'd actually prefer something more Kinect oriented. Like Kinect Sports Rivals or a follow up to Kinect Adventures (I like playing that with my nieces and nephews).

What would be even better is if they did an AMD video card like free game thing. Pick one game from a list of digitally distributed games.

Oh wait, that works for people with PCs because people with PCs have internet connections. That wouldn't work for console people because as we've been told numerous times here on the forum, a lot of people don't have halfway decent internet access.

And the last thing I want is a physical disk that has to be inserted into the machine everytime I want to play that game. No thanks.

Regards,
SB

That would be cool, the AMD giveaways are pretty awesome. as you mention it's not even set games with the latest, it's "pick 3". Right now the choices are not spectacular IIRC but supposedly good ones are coming this fall.

Next week for the Launch date announcement for the states (gamestop manager meeting which is now open to the public for a few days in vegas)

I also think we will get a free game also, Part of me hopes its fifa , not a huge amount f appeal but from a fans point of view , its a game i'd like to try but would never buy on my own

Ugh, zero interest in FIFA at all. Would basically be equivalent to nothing for me.

And as in the games given away with video cards, the resell value tends to stink on pack-ins so I doubt you could even get much for it on ebay.

Anyways 95% they give nothing imo so it's all moot. They were probably just having trouble selling their preorders in continental Europe.

Back