Official Star Wars: Episode 3 teaser poster

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
Official:

ep3teaser.jpg

They gave Anakin a facial scar in the poster.
I guess they're trying to make him look like more of a badass or gritty.

They're going to have to do more, though. They've got a bit of a ways between Episode II's Anakin "I hate sand" Skywalker and total badass Darth "throat crush" Vader.

I haven't been sold on the character build-up so far.

Some promotion for the Ep3...

According to some people, who have seen raw cut of the EP3 say it's the second best Star Wars movie, right after The Empire Strikes Back

I'm predicting Episode III will be possibly the best or close to it.

Or at least that is what I'm hoping for! :LOL:

It looks like Jabba.
Don't like that poster, it looks amateurish.
Looks like Anakin is some hunchback with Jabba on his back.

Dunno.. well, I like it :)

For comparison, Ep1 teaser poster:
normal_tpm1.jpg

..and Ep2 teaser poster:
normal_aotc1.jpg

...Ep4...
normal_anh-teaser.jpg

... Ep5
normal_tesb-teaser.jpg

..and finally Ep6
normal_rotj1.jpg

normal_aotc1.jpg

"A Jedi shall not know anger. Nor hatred. Nor love."

Nor love? Since when was that a requirement? Doesn't that kind of fly in the face of the fact that aptitude with the force in the case of the Skywalker clan appears to be hereditary?

I hope the Jedi believed in casual sex, otherwise their fire would have gone out of the galaxy long before Vader would have come along.

Perhaps that's the balance Anakin was supposed to bring to the force, the balance of poon tang. Without it, the jedi would have quickly been unable to wield their lightsabers due to sore wrists.

Or perhaps their well worked wrists gave them superb fighting prowess, but because one wrist was dramatically stronger than the other, they couldn't use two handed light sabres such as Darth Maul.

This prowess meant the defeat of the dark side initially, but since the dark side was weak, this meant there was a lack of babes, the hotest babes are evil -- see James Bond and other things that prove my point. ;) -- which means their wrist action wasn't as passionately, furiously and vigilantly exercised, leaving them weak, when the dark forces began to stir once more with Palpatine.

However, Anakin soon became powerful on the desert world, as he was left sexual frustrated by Amidala and went absolutely beserk, during his years training, he must have dedicated himself to an incredible amoutn of practice with his "light sabre" not just that he might have been so well endowed with the "force" he needed both hands -- this is why he so quickly went for dual light sabres when fighting Darth Sidius.

3dilettante said:

Hmmm. Do you think they'll give him acting lessons, too? 8)

Mariner said:
3dilettante said:

Hmmm. Do you think they'll give him acting lessons, too? 8)
Difficult considering the time implications of the amount of lessons required; Anakin is supposed to be under 50, yes?

Lucas: Okay Hayden, give us "concerned"...
Angry.jpg

Lucas: Okayyy - how about "empathy"
Angry.jpg

Lucas: Hmmm....what about "understands of the meaning of the Force"
Angry.jpg

Lucas: We're not getting far here.....how about "I'll have a milkshake"?
Angry.jpg

Lucas: For Yoda's sake, just give me "angry"
Angry.jpg

Lucas: Angry, not neanderthal! Angry, dammit!
Angry.jpg

Lucas: Sheesh, let's get him in the Vader costume....

Thing that irritates me most about E2 apart from Jar-Jar (curse his bones, arr!) and the bad situation comedy involving C3PO in the robot factory and battle arena is the slow scenes on Naboo. I know they're needed for the story, but it's a bit too sappy for a movie like Star Wars. Hell, I thought the Leia-Luke dialog scene on Endor when they discuss their family stuff was slow and it's not even half as long! :)

Still, E2 is the third best star wars movie after E5, E4 in my opinion, and it's pretty close to E4 too.

You know, i REALLY REALLY cannot remember what happens in these movies. I have seen them all apart from EP2. I just cannot remember the story, the point of their "adventures", the END, i can't even remember the end.....

And that NEVER EVER EVER EVER happens to me. Even the crappiest movies, i remember them. This one just went in and straight out of my head.

Very strange.

John Reynolds said:
Everyone bags on Hayden, but I thought it was Portman's acting that really stunk up Ep2.

When a significant portion of the actors are crap (especially when they have been a lot better in other movies) the blame has to be laid at the director's feet. I'm sure it wasn't Hayden who decided that Anakin should be played as a sulky, pouting teenager.

london-boy said:
You know, i REALLY REALLY cannot remember what happens in these movies. I have seen them all apart from EP2. I just cannot remember the story, the point of their "adventures", the END, i can't even remember the end.....

If you don't know or remember, it is sufficient to assume that the end involves some sort of huge space space station with terrible destruction potential, a gigantic fleet assaulting that station without success, a good guy sneaking near the reactor core to give it a blast, hasty retreat, big explosion and finally a corny celebration with smiling heroes receiving medals.

Bouncing Zabaglione Bros. said:
I'm sure it wasn't Hayden who decided that Anakin should be played as a sulky, pouting teenager.

I have no problems with Hayden as a pouting teenager. It fits the tone of the character; Obi-Wan and the other Jedis are his restrictive parents. In comes Sidious as the foil of these prison-wardens, a liberator, a role traditionally played by leather-jacketed, cigarette-smoking actors.

It works well. Hard to see how else Anakin would be corrupted by the dark side...

Back