Star Wars Outlaws [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

Shortbread

Island Hopper
Legend

Watch the official gameplay walkthrough of Star Wars Outlaws. Experience the first ever open world Star Wars game and risk it all as Kay Vess, a scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life. Coming 2024.

About Star Wars Outlaws:
Experience the first-ever open world Star Wars™ game, set between the events ofThe Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi. Explore distinct planets across the galaxy, both iconic and new. Risk it all as Kay Vess, an emerging scoundrel seeking freedom and the means to start a new life, along with her companion Nix. Fight, steal, and outwit your way through the galaxy’s crime syndicates as you join the galaxy’s most wanted.

Edit: The visuals and gameplay looks amazing.

Last edited:
Still I would have rather seen a new The Division than Star Wars or Avatar. Those are more kid's games. Just seeing this weird pet and hearing the robot voice and jokes....

A Blade Runner or Dune from Masse would certainly be good too.

Last edited:
Did they mention anything about tech? Watched the presentation without audio.
GI looks like probes with dynamic update, i'd guess. There is the scene where she goes into the bar, which then suddenly brightens up form the open door a bit later.
Specular looks great too. Temporally stable and no noise. Nothing like SSAO artifacts either.
Really interesting...

Still I would have rather seen a new The Division than Star Wars or Avatar. Those are more kid's games. Just hearing that weird robot voice and the jokes...
john-de-lancie-the-q.gif

Did they mention anything about tech? Watched the presentation without audio.
GI looks like probes with dynamic update, i'd guess. There is the scene where she goes into the bar, which then suddenly brightens up form the open door a bit later.
Specular looks great too. Temporally stable and no noise. Nothing like SSAO artifacts either.
Really interesting...

Last time when Massive talked about the GI solution they said they use software GI and HW RT when supported by the GPU. It was for Avatar and they were very proud to have a solution working well with vegetation.

It was not very technical. I hope a GDC 2024 presentation

I feel like game design hasn't changed since the mid 2000s. This game looks a combination of Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption. Visuals look nice, but it's getting harder and harder to get excited about games when I've been playing the same thing for 15+ years.

I feel like game design hasn't changed since the mid 2000s. This game looks a combination of Uncharted and Red Dead Redemption. Visuals look nice, but it's getting harder and harder to get excited about games when I've been playing the same thing for 15+ years.
It would be nice to See some of those Kore radical Designs we saw pre 2009

The graphics look great, the gameplay on the other hand, is lacking something...
Of course the game is at least a year away, and that's enough time to tighten those mechanics.
For now, I'm positively interested. :)

Looks great, now question will we see typical ubi downgrade and how will it run on ps5/xsx ;)

Well it's Ubisoft so you're basically playing the same games since the release of Assassin's Creed.

Back