Official Star Wars: Episode 3 teaser poster

Sazar said:
I have to say the duel between obi wan and anakin in the 3rd ep is shaping up to be pretty amazing... possibly @ the level of the darth maul/obi wan/qui gonn three-some from phantom menace

and anakin's moves are definitely a lot more aggresive than the 2nd ep...

:devilish:

Let's put it this way.. before we've had duels (and triels? :LOL: ), Anakin vs Obi-Wan is The Duel(tm)

RussSchultz, Where did you pick up that Mace vs Sidious? don't remember hearing that before, the closest Palpatine gets to get into fight (excluding vs Yoda, of course), afaik, is when he makes Anakin make up his mind, Sith or the Jedi.

Sazar said:
possibly @ the level of the darth maul/obi wan/qui gonn three-some from phantom menace
Will there be a stupid puzzle plot device to heighten the tension and make an obvious video game of?

TheForce.net board has rumors that the Obi-Anakin duel lasts around twelve minutes. I'd just like the movie to deliver some type of explanation on how Obi is able to beat Anakin (Kenobi has grown into a powerful Jedi Master during the Clone Wars, Anakin has flaws in his fighting technique that his former master knows, ad nauseum).

Kaotik said:
RussSchultz, Where did you pick up that Mace vs Sidious?
Your powers of perception are strong! :oops:
I don't remember saying any such thing, and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I was suggesting Episode 2 was so painful to watch that even the Yoda/Dooku scene at the end wasn't enough to make it bearable.

John Reynolds said:
RussSchultz said:
Will there be a stupid puzzle plot device to heighten the tension and make an obvious video game of?

I find your lack of faith disturbing. <Force chokes Russ into silence>

;)
Heh. I'll line up and give my $8, just like I did for the last one, knowing its likely going to be a stinker just like the one before it was.

Natoma said:
Sazar said:
I have to say the duel between obi wan and anakin in the 3rd ep is shaping up to be pretty amazing... possibly @ the level of the darth maul/obi wan/qui gonn three-some from phantom menace

and anakin's moves are definitely a lot more aggresive than the 2nd ep...

:devilish:

You would know this.... How? :D
There's several video clips of EP3 out there for everyone to get, and there's some videos in the new original trilogy DVD box

RussSchultz said:
Kaotik said:
RussSchultz, Where did you pick up that Mace vs Sidious?
Your powers of perception are strong! :oops:
I don't remember saying any such thing, and I'm not sure what you're talking about.

I was suggesting Episode 2 was so painful to watch that even the Yoda/Dooku scene at the end wasn't enough to make it bearable.

My bad, I accidently looked on your name on the post above, it was John Reynolds who said the Mace vs Sidious & co

Kaotik said:
My bad, I accidently looked on your name on the post above, it was John Reynolds who said the Mace vs Sidious & co

I've read that there is supposed to be a scene wherein Mace confronts Palpatine and the latter finally reveals himself as the Sith Master. Not sure how much of a fight ensues, though I'd expect it to be more Anakin vs. Mace with perhaps Sidious lending a hand. The current rumor is that Mace goes out the window for quite a fall.

John Reynolds said:
Kaotik said:

I've read that there is supposed to be a scene wherein Mace confronts Palpatine and the latter finally reveals himself as the Sith Master. Not sure how much of a fight ensues, though I'd expect it to be more Anakin vs. Mace with perhaps Sidious lending a hand. The current rumor is that Mace goes out the window for quite a fall.
Knew the falling part, and yes, you're right about that, but I couldn't figure out you meant that case, since I believe all Sidious does there is pretty much tell Anakin to choose him or the Jedi and then let Anakin fight for him.

RussSchultz said:
John Reynolds said:
The current rumor is that Mace goes out the window for quite a fall.
Of course, falls don't seem to have a very good track record of killing jedis.

Don't get why the emperor in the last episode is killed by darth vader by tossing him down a shaft... I mean everyone and dog is doing the fall down and get up again, nothing's gonna get me down bit, throughout.. lol
I mean as a senior sith lord he should be able to manage the same float back up trick the rest know.. lol

Girlfriend's kid is a star wars nut.. lol

John Reynolds said:
Everyone bags on Hayden, but I thought it was Portman's acting that really stunk up Ep2.
I kinda figured it was the inept direction and terrible script myself.

Congrats at Natoma's quad 6 postcount, by the way.

Himself said:
RussSchultz said:
John Reynolds said:
The current rumor is that Mace goes out the window for quite a fall.
Of course, falls don't seem to have a very good track record of killing jedis.

Don't get why the emperor in the last episode is killed by darth vader by tossing him down a shaft... I mean everyone and dog is doing the fall down and get up again, nothing's gonna get me down bit, throughout.. lol
I mean as a senior sith lord he should be able to manage the same float back up trick the rest know.. lol

Girlfriend's kid is a star wars nut.. lol

Maybe the emperor was too busy killing Luke and didn't even notice falling down? :LOL:

Back