Official GT5 discussion thread

And don't forget some of the details that didn't make the official changelog like race restarts for example!

Yes, I saw that and am very happy with the patch.

GAF is trying to compile a full list of changes in 1.05:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=25013208&postcount=254

Besides the stuff already in the OP:
- Missing spectators on some tracks/modes (To improve performance?)
- Remove entire HUD/Remove HUD Instruments option
- Mechanical damage option no longer limited to online mode
- Tire grip reduction option no longer limited to online mode
- Export All Photos to XMB option
- Improved bumping "physics" (cars don't get stuck now) (unconfirmed)
- better shadows (unconfirmed)
- cars get damaged more easily (unconfirmed)
- Garage remembers your sorting options
- Restart race option after finishing it

- Skip (make it faster) car reward scene
- Country flags on the player list in online lobbies
- Better illumination from headlights (unconfirmed)

In the Supercar Nostalgia Cup.

List of all the prize cars.

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=134047

Thanks ! Rally in snow is indeed very easy. ^_^

Wow got to hand it to PD they listen to criticism and move quickly to fix or implement new features. Will be interesting if the they make DLC's of new premium cars, upgrade them with patches or just leave them be though.

Kazunori mentioned in a tweet:
* They intend to upgrade existing standard cars to premium
* New premium cars are less likely

So the amusing GAF moniker given before release of the game of forever might be close to being true :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[Rage] How do I change the tire on my current car ?

I went into my garage, select the car, and then the "Tuning" button. Pick "Dirt Tire" (which I want), but nothing happens.

I noticed that after patch 1.05, the game will auto select the right tires to use as long as you have 'em in your garage. No need to change the tires manually before a race. ^_^

Thank god I bought the PD Formula GT car rather than the Ferrari, because you need the PD Formula GT car for the championship. Attempted to Formula GT championship, and f*** is it hard. Took a while to get used to that car, but I started getting the hang of it. I beat the first two races, but then it just went downhill from Cote d'Azur and on. I could have beat Monza, but I forgot to change my gears from Cote d'Azur, lol. I don't think I'll ever be able to beat this event... it would frustrate the f*** out of me being a 20 lap/race championship and not being able to restart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, seems pretty tough. I tried it without the engine rebuild, and my car couldn't keep up. But I notice that they do leave a lot (a *lot*) of room for out-braking the AI. It's just so darn easy to mess up. I was thinking of doing these events this week, but now I'm not so sure. :LOL: Same for the Dream Car championship - I have to find a nice car to drive that first (haven't checked GTPlanet for that yet), because I'm not having any fun in the test races I've tried with the ZR1 RM or the Minolta.

Collisions have defo been tweaked. When you "accidentally" hit another car, you no longer stick to them, there's a shunt still but that's it. Such an improvement! The patch that keeps on giving!

Now that the mechanical damage is enabled also offline, is there an option to turn it on/off somewhere in GT mode, or is it for Arcade? I was not able to find it. Haven't yet tried any racing after latest patch, if the damage is automatically on and can't be turned off, I'm sure I'll soon lose all my credits fixing the car :(

Defo no mechanical damage in A-Spec. Had a number of races this morning and nothing happened. I beleive it was added to practice mode.

Well, been trying to get a good lap in TT. Posted a 1:19:882 in the RX8, should be able to shave some of that, currently about 350ish worldwide.

Saw my kid play Modnation Racer.

I wonder if it's worthwhile for Modnation Racer track editor to generate GT5 courses.
The MR track editor is much more versatile. ^_^

Yeah, seems pretty tough. I tried it without the engine rebuild, and my car couldn't keep up. But I notice that they do leave a lot (a *lot*) of room for out-braking the AI. It's just so darn easy to mess up. I was thinking of doing these events this week, but now I'm not so sure. :LOL:
Does an engine rebuild help? All I did was an oil change and bought Racing Soft tires.
There's no way in hell I could win Cote d'Azur (I've always hated that track) but Nurburgring GP and Monza are definitely winnable for me (the AI always messes up on the tight chicane near the end in Nurburgring GP). I honestly don't even want to attempt it again though, because the championship is so long and frustrating.
Same for the Dream Car championship - I have to find a nice car to drive that first (haven't checked GTPlanet for that yet), because I'm not having any fun in the test races I've tried with the ZR1 RM or the Minolta.
I think I used the Minolta for that one. I fully tuned mine with Racing Soft tires. If all else fails, I think you can use the Formula GT in that race. The AI drives very slow in the rain. I didn't even realize at the time that you could put rain tires on, so I raced with RS tires and still won (although driving on a wet nurburgring nordschleife with RS tires was NOT fun).

Antan said:
Now at 1:19.760

I'm trying nagdamit!

Nice! I posted my time and comments in the other thread (19.642)

Yes, engine rebuild costs like 500.000 but restores HP to the original level / AI level.

Played the TT for like 2 hours straight and managed 1:19:376. For some reason, my RX8 is only 243hp when everyone else' on the leaderboard is 246. From factory, the smallest upgrade I could do would bring it up to 248hp and even an oil change bought it up to 253. Does it reach 246 after it breaks in? Not that it would noticeably change my time, just wondering.

Played the TT for like 2 hours straight and managed 1:19:376. For some reason, my RX8 is only 243hp when everyone else' on the leaderboard is 246. From factory, the smallest upgrade I could do would bring it up to 248hp and even an oil change bought it up to 253. Does it reach 246 after it breaks in? Not that it would noticeably change my time, just wondering.
Managed to shave a bit off today (1:19:313). I honestly don't think I can do much (if any) better than that with my current settings. I'll see if I can do some tweaking to help me shave off a bit more.

50 Stunning GT5 Photomode Interior Screenshots & How-To Take Your Own:
http://www.gtplanet.net/50-stunning-gt5-photomode-interior-screenshots-how-to-take-your-own/

GTPlanet user IeGI has discovered an easy way of getting the camera “inside” a premium car, and he’s shared a detailed set of instructions here in our forums so you can do the same.

The resulting shots, taken by him and other users which you’ll see in the gallery below, are nothing short of spectacular and some of the most impressive Photomode images I’ve seen from the game.

Like this one: http://www.gtpla.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/gran-turismo5-interior-photomode19-640x406.jpg

Back