Official GT5 discussion thread

All cars in the used car market are Standard. All cars in the dealerships are Premium. So if you mostly buy from the used car lot ...

All cars in the used car market are Standard. All cars in the dealerships are Premium. So if you mostly buy from the used car lot ...

Ahhhhh, well that explains that. Yeah I've been buying used because that's where the vehicle selection is, the dealerships don't have as much.

[Rage] How do I change the tire on my current car ?

I went into my garage, select the car, and then the "Tuning" button. Pick "Dirt Tire" (which I want), but nothing happens.

What's a good one to wait for ? I only know the beefy Skylines but they are heavy. Is Fairlady any good ?
I generally like the skylines because they're AWD and they usually tune fairly well.
[Rage] How do I change the tire on my current car ?

I went into my garage, select the car, and then the "Tuning" button. Pick "Dirt Tire" (which I want), but nothing happens.
In the tuning section (or settings section before a race) it only shows you what tires you own for that particular vehicle with a description for each tire. To change the tires, go to the Driving Options in the menu before a race.

In the tuning section (or settings section before a race) it only shows you what tires you own for that particular vehicle with a description for each tire. To change the tires, go to the Driving Options in the menu before a race.

Thank you ! I didn't see the option. Was trying to swap the tire in my garage.

What's a good one to wait for ? I only know the beefy Skylines but they are heavy. Is Fairlady any good ?

Basically, no. Although I'm sure you can get some good race results out of Fairladies, they are mostly too fat. If anything, try the older ones. But more commonly loved are the 180sx series, try a Silvia. The power output is lower but the tuning is pretty sweet, and the weight is very low. I've always felt they handle better. Skylines are often among the best cars, up to a certain point. But i usually choose cars based on what they look like, anymore. Winning's boring. ;) so grab that old 280z and have some fun!!

Aright, I'll keep a look out for Silvia, Skylines and 180sx. Thanks for the tips !

And an early Merry Christmas greeting !

After playing for what seems like an eternity, i've a few thoughts on the whole visual discrepancies/consistency thing with the tracks. In terms of tracks, there's only a few in my book that could do with a makeover to bring them upto spec with the best of the rest. Autumn Ring goes without saying, textures, geometry and especially lighting. Trial Mountain the same but to a slightly lesser extent. Some might say Deep Forrest which i'm thinking "maybe" falls just a bit short aswell, though its the best of the 3. These are the only 3 that stick out for me, everything else looks utterly fantastic, and at times look absolutely sensational!. If these were to be updated then i think the whole standard/premium track thing will die very quickly, not thats its a major point but it was spoken about upto release and just after.

How do I get a Japanese classic car (before '79) ? Only from the used car dealers ?

You should simply win the Dome Zero. No tuning necessary, it's good enough to win with comfortably.

Like I said, you shouldn't have to buy hardly any cars. Even I have bought only a handful of cars, and still find that I was silly enough to buy some of those needlessly. I bought an Ac Cobra once for a high level classics race, and now I just won one in B-Spec.

I tried to lend Anthony a car yesterday, but I couldn't do it - couldn't gift it nor share it online. I guess the servers have to be up and not overcrowded.

Regarding the inconsistency - some of those tracks had some really nice little lighting effects in the old GTs that are not present now. I think that's what makes them look more dated than they should - they still are clearly high-res versions and with better textures.

You should simply win the Dome Zero. No tuning necessary, it's good enough to win with comfortably.

Like I said, you shouldn't have to buy hardly any cars. Even I have bought only a handful of cars, and still find that I was silly enough to buy some of those needlessly. I bought an Ac Cobra once for a high level classics race, and now I just won one in B-Spec.

I tried to lend Anthony a car yesterday, but I couldn't do it - couldn't gift it nor share it online. I guess the servers have to be up and not overcrowded.

Regarding the inconsistency - some of those tracks had some really nice little lighting effects in the old GTs that are not present now. I think that's what makes them look more dated than they should - they still are clearly high-res versions and with better textures.

Yeah, I remember Trial Mountain looking fabulous in GT4 with a very overcast yet bright look which really made the track pop so to speak. Would love to see em tweaked but dont think it will happen. I got the Furai mate, did upto lev6 B-Spec. Beat Indy 2nd go after i tweaked the ratios, and adjusted the ride height and toe in/out settings. This setup doesn't work around Daytona mind!

Buying cars is fun, but for me, earlier on, it's more about getting by with spending the least amount of money. Once you get more credits and you start racing against faster cars, that's when GT5 really starts getting fun IMO.

I'm at level 25 now with 3 special events, the Formula GT race in Extreme and the Endurance races left (which I don't know if I'm even going to do). I'm up to level 21 in b-spec but my driver frustrates me too much that I might just stop playing that mode. Once I finish the special events and Formula GT race, I'll probably go back and attempt to gold all the licenses/challenges.

The Formula GT appeared in the used car section for 4. something million! But I only had 2.6 8( Also at lv25. German Touring Car tournie to do, Dream Car tournie, Formula GT and a couple of races that need to be golded, then just Endurance. Everything is outta here. Oh, and looking forward to hitting lv30 8). The TT update will add another layer of goodness tomorrow!

Update is live! Interestingly its 1.05 NOT 1.04...........No hud option and F1 Ferrari Championship confirmed so far.

EDIT-:

Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge option.
Save backups
Online Events
Online Car Dealerships
Mechanical damage offline

How do I win a Dome Zero ?

EDIT: 1.05 is an amazing patch !
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010...-today-plus-expanded-gran-turismo-5-features/

Seasonal Events
The Seasonal Events area has been added to the main GT Life screen. From here you can participate in official online events that will be open for a limited time only. Each event has specific entry and race conditions, and completing events earns you rewards and experience points. Compete here to see how you stack up to the rest of the world on the global leaderboards in the time trials and drift trial events.

Online Race Rewards and Experience
When you complete a race in the [Open Lobby] or [My Lounge], you will now gain rewards and experience.

Even if you are focused more on playing online, you’ll still be able to gain rewards and levels that you need to progress in [GT Life].

Hot Car Dealer
A new specialized dealership has also been added to the main GT Life screen, making it much easier to find popular and rare used cars compared to the standard Used Car Dealer.
Distance Driven and Number of Wins in Online Races
Your total distance driven online, and the number of wins you achieve in Open Lobby and My Lounge will now add to your Profile and Garage stats.

Improved Rewards for Playing
Earn increased rewards for winning races in both A-Spec and B-Spec mode through the end of January only. Now’s the perfect chance to rack up points, build up your garage, and get ahead in the game.

A few *MAJOR* gameplay and UI complains have been addressed.

Back