Official GT5 discussion thread

Woot I now finally own it. Now to wait on the update to download and install. Darn DSL so slow. Guess I will kill time with other presents till it finishes.

Finally picked this up today. I've been playing a whole LOT of Forza the last few months and that was delaying me some. Picked up the last copy at a local Best Buy. Updating and Installing now. Pretty stoked.

I'll gladly accept any gifted cars (hint, hint)! :) PSN ID: AntShaw

Finally picked this up today. I've been playing a whole LOT of Forza the last few months and that was delaying me some. Picked up the last copy at a local Best Buy. Updating and Installing now. Pretty stoked.

I tried that once and a whole host of cars vanished 8( Still talking to insurers now.Patsu/DJ/Arwin please be patient.

I have already dropped your credit score, Antan. :devilish:

[size=-2]... and JPT is still waiting for people to send him free cars.[/size]

Seriously, I got my Dome Zero from Arwin successfully. I didn't ask djskribbles for a Countach. I was simply saying if he lend one to me, don't ever expect to see it again. :yes:

EDIT:

If you don't have one yet, get a wheel ! The game plays differently (and much more fun) with a "possessed" wheel.

For sure on the 'To Do' list. I was never satisfied with the MS Wheel with Forza and look forward to getting a decent wheel.

I just got a racing modified Civic Type R from someone ... if he doesn't want it back (I already have one), I'll pass it on to you. ;) If patsu is done with that Dome Zero (you'll win one yourself eventually probably) he's also welcome to pass it on to you. ;)

For sure on the 'To Do' list. I was never satisfied with the MS Wheel with Forza and look forward to getting a decent wheel.

If money is no object then certainly look into the latest fanatec wheel, the 911 GT2. It'll work on the ps3, 360 and PC. I have the older turbo S, and it's very good. The high end clubsport pedals are also very good, although the shifters are a bit average (noisy!).

If money is no object then certainly look into the latest fanatec wheel, the 911 GT2. It'll work on the ps3, 360 and PC. I have the older turbo S, and it's very good. The high end clubsport pedals are also very good, although the shifters are a bit average (noisy!).

$$ is an object, but I was under the assumption that the only supported wheel on 360 was the MS wheel. If I can use the wheel on both platforms, that helps me in justifying the purchase. I'm not really looking to pay $500US for a wheel, but I'm OK with the $200-$300 range if I can use it on both. Really loving GT5 so far, but after putting a good 40+hours into Forza the last few months, they each offer different driving experiences and I'm not ready to stop playing Forza.

I just got a racing modified Civic Type R from someone ... if he doesn't want it back (I already have one), I'll pass it on to you. ;) If patsu is done with that Dome Zero (you'll win one yourself eventually probably) he's also welcome to pass it on to you. ;)

Thanks! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
All new seasonal events golded. Need maximum concentration and absolutely the right car setup. Feels very satisfying indeed when it all comes together. Now back to the Formula GT event.

All new seasonal events golded. Need maximum concentration and absolutely the right car setup. Feels very satisfying indeed when it all comes together. Now back to the Formula GT event.

Respect! if it werent to much work, i would ask you to provide some tips :)

Yeah, well done! I have been trying a few for a bit, but I found them pretty tough so far. The first time that I've entered a few events and was actually losing ground against the no1 rather than not gaining enough! :LOL:

Respect! if it werent to much work, i would ask you to provide some tips :)

Tips for Nascar is maximum downforce front and rear, shorten your gear ratio. Down the 456km (feels like its that long!) back straight i maxed out at around 325kph, but you'll make up a shed load of time during pretty much every corner!

Tips for Tscuba. Very much tweak your car to perfection (my car is available if anyone want to borrow it, and if Patsu can rig my credit rating ;). You need to be sat in 1.00 min mark, with a few .59 second laps thrown in. As i say, you have to nail this for 10 laps solid!

The mini event again, get your car right and wring the life out of it!

Laguna i found to be the easiest. Bit of car tweaking, maximum concentration, not so much ragging the arse off it (Schumacher style), more smooth and steady (Damon Hill style).

Like i say, just ask if you want to borrow any of the vehicles using my setups.

Yeah, good job. I haven't had much time to play lately. I've only played the first three so far and golded them except for the Focus/Madrid one (last attempt was fairly close and it's definitely goldable for me). These definitely seem more challenging than the first set of seasonal events. NASCAR on Nordschleife doesn't sound fun.

Yeah, good job. I haven't had much time to play lately. I've only played the first three so far and golded them except for the Focus/Madrid one (last attempt was fairly close and it's definitely goldable for me). These definitely seem more challenging than the first set of seasonal events. NASCAR on Nordschleife doesn't sound fun.

Challenging? Yes. Fun? Yes. I wonder if we'll get some new events at the end of the week?

@Antan, did you beat these challenges without skid recovery force on? Seems like many people are resorting to turning it on for these events (mostly on the Focus and RX-7 ones). I tried it on the Focus/Madrid race, and I beat it very easily (passed first before the last lap). Without it, I dunno if I could beat it... I was always a few seconds behind (but I was slowly making progress).
In the RX-7/Tsukuba one, after 3 tries, the best I did without skid recovery force was 10-11 seconds behind first! My lap times were mid ~1:01's. I'm gonna try it with it on tomorrow sometime.
The first and third races I beat without assists, and I have yet to attempt the NASCAR/Ring race.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm having a really hard time finding cars for events. My google-fu must be weak too. Does anyone have a link to a list of restrictions or cars that I can use in each of the events?

Back