New PS3 Exclusive !!!! Dec 12, 2010

I think it's a bit too early to be calling vapourware on that title... it could just be that it wasn't at a stage at E3 where much could have been shown. I'm quite sure there are alot of games Sony has in production at the moment that they haven't announced yet mainly because:

A. they've already announced a metric tonne of stuff for 2011 and want to keep our attention on those games.

B. they want to keep come surprises for the big trade shows (gamescom, E3 etc).

We haven't heard or seen anything more about Twisted Metal PS3 since E3, and we know that game hasn't been canned. ;-)

Point taken, though for this game we havent seen it since E3 2009, not really much like twisted metal at all ;)

hopefully, it is not the uncharted movie!!
with mark wahlberg...

booo

Yeah , they really picked the blandest actor with the least amount of charisma and range. After Max Paine and The Happening I never want to see a movie with that guy ever again. Damn it, Nathan Fillion would have been absolutely perfect.

I think it will be a game , not a movie ! A game that will be revealed with a trailer at the VGAs and then gameplay reveal n hands on will happen at this event. Since Starhawk's existence is confirmed via the cocept art post, 99% chance it will be that. Its been in development for qiite sometime if we take it for granted that the Warhawk team has been at it since Warhawk !

Or it could also be the gameplay reveal of R3 , but from what I read in GamesTM , except for the boat sequence which lopks decent nothing is ready for showing at that front.

Yeah , they really picked the blandest actor with the least amount of charisma and range. After Max Paine and The Happening I never want to see a movie with that guy ever again. Damn it, Nathan Fillion would have been absolutely perfect.

yeah, exactly!! What about Nathan Fillion?!?!? It is the logic choice!!!

Yes I d love to see Gateway...Or the move torch game.
If not may it be a square enix game or Lucasart , Sony or Konami title.

Yeah, anouncing Uncharted 3 is like a weather forecast that predicts dropping temparatures during winter season.
lol Yes, I agree that would destroy the dreams and hopes of people who want to see an exclusive game on their preferred gaming platform.

I think it's going to be an EA game supporting Move, but fully playable using the regular controller too.

lol Yes, I agree that would destroy the dreams and hopes of people who want to see an exclusive game on their preferred gaming platform.

I think it's going to be an EA game supporting Move, but fully playable using the regular controller too.

It would be a waste of a good "exclusive" announcement for a third-party published game, one can no longer expect an exclusive third-party game from a western publisher will stay exclusive even for a few months nowadays, and it's basically a cheap move to get some publicity for what will no doubt turn out to be a multiplatform game, and a waste of first-party marketing efforts. Sony already does a lot of bundling with third-party games that would have been helpful in building their own first-party IPs, there's still no Uncharted 2 console/game bundle which is kind of ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, anouncing Uncharted 3 is like a weather forecast that predicts dropping temparatures during winter season.

It doesn't matter, it's the best IP on the PS3 made by the best internal team, Sony should put more marketing effort towards promoting it instead of some third-party multplatform game that can be promoted by its own publisher, Naughty Dog has more than earned it.
Indifferent2.gif

I just hope it ain't Sly 4 :LOL: ! I mean, Infamous had "Sly Cooper 4" playing in an in game theatre/cinema and The Sly Collection has a Teaser for SLy 4. If it turns out to be that, well...........:LOL: !
(If any Sly fan is offended by this, then please note I have no knowledge of what Sly games are like. i once asked a friend and he said Sly is Infamous if you remove the electrical powers. i came home thinking I got it, but then I thought, well, what is let if u remove Electric powers from infamous???.....== Nothing :LOL: !)

It doesn't matter, it's the best IP on the PS3 made by the best internal team, Sony should put more marketing effort towards promoting it instead of some third-party multplatform game that can be promoted by its own publisher, Naughty Dog has more than earned it.
Indifferent2.gif

Not disagreeing with you at all. They did absolutely earn it. I just like surprises, and Uncharted 3 sure ain't one.

Sony already does a lot of bundling with third-party games that would have been helpful in building their own first-party IPs, there's still no Uncharted 2 console/game bundle which is kind of ridiculous.

Uncharted 2 is already well known, it's a great game, many people will buy it anyway. Bundling it is losing profit from those sales.

Don't forget amid the console wars shootouts, that the goal of the first parties is not market share, but profit.

Uncharted 2 is already well known, it's a great game, many people will buy it anyway. Bundling it is losing profit from those sales.

Don't forget amid the console wars shootouts, that the goal of the first parties is not market share, but profit.

But there's a GT5 bundle? Surely the idea is to put a 'console selling' title into the box as a sweetner to help boost h/w sales - I (used to) know rough mark-ups shops make so I know the only people that will lose out financially are the retailers as they make profit once (bundle) and not twice (console + game)

I disagree to an extent. Bundling great 1st party software at release is a fantastic strategy, the key is not to do it for too long. Sony has a very large 1st party line up, and if they can get people to jump on a new PS3 because of GT5, or a new Uncharted, or whatever the game may be, then they'll be better off getting more market share and selling more 3rd party software.

Market share is extremely important, because it contributes to greater software sales, which contributes to more profit. This has always been Sony's "loss leader" strategy. Gain market share and make it up with software. Bundling definitely helps to increase market share.

Back