New EA IP: Dante's Inferno

It shares many aspects of God of War because one of the guys working on the game was a lead designer for the GoW series.The enviornments look finely detailed and the combat looks fun.This is going to be a cool game that is going to hold me over until I play God of War 3...

yeah seems like they are going crazy with the art in this game I hope the storyline holds up to the hype they are generating

Finally, I'll be able to read Inferno on my PS3.

Who else is buying 2 copies of the game (and a 2nd PS3) so they can fact-check?

Something a second DVD (zomg "2-Disc Special Edition"!) couldn't handle? :???:

(That cover is awful btw)

Maybe they figure to benefit from being on the same system as GoW?

How did DMC sell on the respective systems?

Or Ninja Gaiden?

Maybe these kinds of games do better in Japan where the PS3 has a greater installed base?

Or Europe, where the installed bases are closer than in the US?

Something a second DVD (zomg "2-Disc Special Edition"!) couldn't handle? :???:

Well, at a significant added cost I assume. Pressing a regular DVD doesn't really cost a thing, but that's assuming that this can all put in a regular, non-360 DVD. Because... how many 3rd party multi-disc games are there on 360? We still don't have a true clarification on how multiple disc licensing fees are handled after that id comment a while back (there was a clarification, but not on that issue specifically).

On the subject of exclusive translated texts, if you go here you can get your exclusive translated text ahead of the preorder, if anyone is seriously complaining.

Well, at a significant added cost I assume. Pressing a regular DVD doesn't really cost a thing, but that's assuming that this can all put in a regular, non-360 DVD. Because... how many 3rd party multi-disc games are there on 360? We still don't have a true clarification on how multiple disc licensing fees are handled after that id comment a while back (there was a clarification, but not on that issue specifically).

On the subject of exclusive translated texts, if you go here you can get your exclusive translated text ahead of the preorder, if anyone is seriously complaining.

Not complaining. You just usually don't see that kind of added content excluded from one platform. Usually that stuff is bundled in a limited or collector's edition package and would be available on both platforms. If it's an issue of disk space, it's understandable.

I already have a copy and have read the Divine Comedy, so I'm good.

Batman: AA did the same thing, they just didn't call it a special edition. The PS3 version had the joker challenge rooms as well as a bunch of high-def making-of videos on-disc (and that's not counting the free DLC).

I suspect that the digital comic will be made available in some other way (maybe even free) as we near release -- PS3 owners will just exclusively have it on disc.

Back