Darksiders,give it some love :)

liolio

Aquoiboniste
Legend
I realized that this game is going mostly unnoticed as so far it didn't benefit from a proper communication campaign as EA new IP Dante's Inferno did (for example).
Anyway from my reads hand on are really promising.
The world is open with a lot of exploration, you unlock new area, go back, they blend some RPG element (as you character gains new abilities). From what I understood of the English hand on there is not a proper loot system but you can buy better equipments (cost souls).
I read some people on some forum describing it as Zelda meets GOW and I would say it sounds pretty spot on :)

A potential GREAT game, between kudos to Laa-yosh who works (worked?) on the artistic side of the title. I like the comics look of game dark but colorful/flashy.

It looks like that the team and the publisher have started to communicate more about the game (hand on devs diary) I hope they will continue and make the public more aware of this game, they have time till early 2010. Communication guys!!! :) it looks clear that you have something worse it to push.
The game looks pretty advanced already so I hope they will ironed out the game for launch especially the camera system which is critical to the gameplay in that kind of setting.

Here an article which includes three vids (I'm lazy so I don't want to point to the three vids my self... :oops: )

Heh, kinda looks like Prototype meets Hellgate: London, except with better graphics and no civilians. :)

This might be interesting. Looks good so far.

Regards,
SB

I really hope that this game sells well, so that Joe Mad can create BattleChasers game. :) We waited waaaay to long for the continuation of comic book...

Fix the screen tearing :cry:

I'll keep a look out on this... may end up buying much later though.

A potential GREAT game, between kudos to Laa-yosh who works (worked?) on the artistic side of the title.

Digic did the cinematic intro, and another short movie that has yet to be released but some shots have been included in recent trailers.
They also seem to have used most of my War and Angel high-res models as a source for the ingame models ;)

I like the comics look of game dark but colorful/flashy.

Yeah, I'm pretty impressed, the artwork is very stylish, very high quality, and they've managed to make something potentionally camp look pretty good.
Still kinda problematic about some of the effect colors, but the characters and enviroments are really some of the best on this gen.

I also find it interesting that they've just simply done away with humanity completely. Maybe the first time someone takes "post-apocalyptic" literally...

I really hope that this game sells well, so that Joe Mad can create BattleChasers game. :) We waited waaaay to long for the continuation of comic book...

Joe Madureira has joked around that the ever delayed comic would be found in the game.

The game looks pretty good so far though I wish they could increase the detail level on close ups of the characters, they look nice 2m away from the camera but when zoomed in some parts look almost untextured especially on War's front dreds. Angels VS demons is always my thing so I'm picking this one up without doubt.

Yeah, apparently some marketing mess up... hopefully it'll be back online shortly.

I am getting interested in this game after watching the videos over at IGN (I think they have 2 new videos) ! Its all good, especially the charaqcter concepts are really good, but I don't like the Modern Earth as the setting :( ! It just kills the ambience. I will look for impressions from people who play it before I give it a try. If most of the game happens on the MOdern Earth, then I am not buying, but if it quickly moves to the Dungeons and the depths of Hell or something, then I am game, I think !

Most of the levels didn't really look contemporary Earth-like in the videos - you're in a completely destroyed city in the beginning but even that's full of supernatural influences...

Yeah, definitely some nice voice work there! if anyone ever needs a Saruman by the way, hire me, I'm cheaper. ;)

Back