Need For Speed Rivals [Next Gen, Current Gen]

So Hot Pursuit with slightly better graphics then. Considering I still haven't finished HP after starting it a gear ago I guess this isn't for me.
I enjoyed the Hot Pursuit game from 2010 -although it wasn't as fun as the classic- and like I did with Need for Speed Most Wanted -launch title on the X360- and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010), I pre-ordered the game.

I enjoyed the Hot Pursuit game from 2010 -although it wasn't as fun as the classic- and like I did with Need for Speed Most Wanted -launch title on the X360- and Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010), I pre-ordered the game.

Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable game, I guess I'm just not one for this type of racer. The original Need for Speed from 2005 though, yeah I agree that was an awesome game. I had many hours of fun with that one. I've actually still go it installed on my PC.

Don't get me wrong, it's an enjoyable game, I guess I'm just not one for this type of racer. The original Need for Speed from 2005 though, yeah I agree that was an awesome game. I had many hours of fun with that one. I've actually still go it installed on my PC.
I suppose you are talking about Most Wanted. Yes, it was one of my launch titles on the Xbox 360 -along with PGR3, NBA 2k6 and Condemned- (later on I also purchased King Kong: The Game which was a launch title too), and it was very fun indeed.

These type of games appeal to me because of the thrill factor of unlocking a few cars and the finely tuned challenges and stuff.

Rivals on PS4 looks beautiful and it's a blast to play. It's very similar to Hot Pursuit but in steroids. Frostbite 3 it really put to good use, the game is just beautiful. The audio is also very impressive.

Rivals on PS4 looks beautiful and it's a blast to play. It's very similar to Hot Pursuit but in steroids. Frostbite 3 it really put to good use, the game is just beautiful. The audio is also very impressive.

YOu have it running on a ps4 :D ? Canu share screenshots please, from the share button.

A youtuber mentioned framerate issues, did u find any?

:LOL: I want to ! but I am home now. Need to wake up @ 6 tomorrow.

I left my Vita with my PS4 in the office. >_<

I think it's tradition. I've seen this before with NFS titles on PC.

Well I think wve seen unlocked framerates a lot more
I think someone will find a way to unlock the framerate, like they unlocked the resolution in Dark Souls. I find it useless, but are they probably aiming for sheer consistency online?

I am glad I've pre-ordered this game at Game for the Xbox One, it seems to be very fun.

I think it's tradition. I've seen this before with NFS titles on PC.

They claim it's to prevent unfair competition in multiplayer which sounds like a dose of monumental stupidity to me.

Certainly Hot Pursuit (the recent on) didn't have this limit and I'm assuming the recent Most Wanted didn't either. Guess I'll be sticking with the current gen NFS for now anyway.

Since I had nothing better to do I dug out fraps and tested

High Stakes : no cap
Porsche Unleashed : no cap
Hot Pursuit 2 : no cap
Underground 2 : no cap
Most Wanted : no cap
Carbon : no cap
ProStreet : no cap
Undercover : no cap
Shift : no cap
Hot Pursuit 3 : no cap
Shift 2 : no cap
The Run : capped 30fps
Most Wanted 2 : no cap

They claim it's to prevent unfair competition in multiplayer which sounds like a dose of monumental stupidity to me.

Certainly Hot Pursuit (the recent on) didn't have this limit and I'm assuming the recent Most Wanted didn't either. Guess I'll be sticking with the current gen NFS for now anyway.
I guessed correctly then. What they should do then is unlocking the framerate if you are playing single player and lock it at 30 fps for multiplayer. The best of both worlds.

I guessed correctly then. What they should do then is unlocking the framerate if you are playing single player and lock it at 30 fps for multiplayer. The best of both worlds.

Even in single player there are online players driving on the same roads as you so it's always multiplayer in a sense (although you can set it to be 100% CPU controlled cars. Regardless though I don't but the reasoning. 60fps doesn't give that great an advantage and if it did then players on lower end systems always have the option to lower the graphics resolution.

I'll bet they have some physics system (or something along those lines) which relies on the 30fps limit and they just don't want to bother re-designing it for the PC.

Bought this for the PS4 via PSN because I did not want to wait until the 19th to play it (Canada).

The install process is strange. First I downloaded the game from PSN which took around an hour or so. Once that was done I chose the icon in the app bar for the game at which point it said it was installing. That process was fast (a few minutes at most) at which point the game started up into a forced tutorial. After completing that I was given the choice of whether I wanted to play as a cop or racer. I chose racer and then was greeted with a new installing progress bar that is crawling along slow enough that I expect it will be at an hour or more before it is done. The system "notifications" menu shows no indication of this either (everything shows up as being installed).

Assuming the tutorial is representative of the actual game, there is no in car view at all and only two views are provided - one 3rd person and one road view (i.e. no vehicle at all). The mouse pad is not used for anything (at least in the tutorial code).

Cheers

Back