Need For Speed Rivals [Next Gen, Current Gen]

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by helvetica bold, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Davros

Legend

hot pursuit 2010 had terrible force feedback if it even had any maybe it was broken but it took a hell of a lot away from the game a shame since nfs used to have great ff I loved the fact you could really feel the road texture in nfs porsche challenge it was sort of soothing like getting a massage.

2. RenegadeRocks

Legend

3. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

1.8 ?? Omg

4. patsu

Legend

Haha, insanely great skills.

5. Davros

Legend

For the love of god No......
    Drifting/drift cars/ken block/dave mirra et al have no place in a need for speed game.....

6. tongue_of_colicab

Veteran

I haven't played a good nfs game since need for speed 4 anyway. Even today that game is better then the current crap.

7. DJ12

Veteran

Most wanted was cool but its the least like what I consider a 'need for speed' game I've ever played. Should've been called need for speed burnout. The first one was best and I wish they got back to some semblance of realism. There's enough arcade racers around.

8. Davros

Legend

hot pursuit 2 was good (not hot pursuit 2010) and a proper old school nfs

9. Cyan

Cyan orange
    Legend Veteran

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-11-13-need-for-speed-rivals-runs-at-1080p-on-xbox-one-and-ps4

Eurogamer confirms that Need for Speed Rivals runs at 1080p on both platforms. This isn't a surprise at all, what's surprising is how close they actually look in terms of IQ.

It's so difficult to tell one from the other if you take a look at the pictures DF took before the upcoming Face-off.

Additionally, EA have been saying that there would be small but noticeable differences between both versions, because one of the consoles was surprisingly powerful -in fact Yoshida tweeted news related to that (I published the link here, if my memory serves me well- and no suspense should ensue, I took it as a fact that the PS4 version would look great while the Xbox One version would look just good.

PlayStation 4

[​IMG]

Xbox One

[​IMG]

It looks like the PS4 version has better textures in the distance, but the Xbox One version keeps up well and seems to feature a more accentuated motion blur effect.

#69 Cyan, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2013
  10. RenegadeRocks

Legend

How did they manage to get the car in the same exact position and speed in a race with same prompts in two diferent games :shock: !

11. Cjail

Cjail Fool
    Veteran

DF cheated ;)

12. dragonelite

Veteran

Mountains on the right side do look different maybe an tutorial or ingame event?

13. Cjail

Cjail Fool
    Veteran

The mountain is the same but on PS4 is less blurred.

14. dumbo11

Regular

The effect seems to be to cover up the view distance differences (if you look at second pair of images - the hills near the middle show the difference).

But the differences are very minor - I doubt most people driving at 68mph across a field are concentrating on the trees in the distance :).

15. Globalisateur

Globalisateur Globby
    Veteran Regular Subscriber

The developer did an excellent job at keeping both versions visually on par. The best news for everyone is that it is on par with a 1080p native resolution. Thank god no more shitty upscaled res!

I disagree about the blurrier XOne cause when the mountains on XOne are more blurried, the closer scenery is not and sometimes sharper. So it's just a different motion blur effect because game not on exactly same time scale.

But if you really want compare at the 2 versions, PS4 has more objects (trees) on some distants mountains. But it won't be noticeable with all this speed and motion blur.

16. RenegadeRocks

Legend

17. pjbliverpool

pjbliverpool B3D Scallywag
    Legend

So Hot Pursuit with slightly better graphics then. Considering I still haven't finished HP after starting it a gear ago I guess this isn't for me.

18. Arwin

Arwin Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
    Moderator Legend

But this is Most Wanted as well as Hot Pursuit mixed up, right? Or did I miss something? Anyway, I feel as if there's something still missing in the lighting, but not sure what. Generally fairly happy with how they've transitioned to the Forstbite engine though! Was worried it could be for the worse, but this looks solid. The game's install size belies that perhaps the textures could have been higher res though?

19. Davros

Legend

I just hope the controls are good in hp2010 I had to change the lock to lock on my wheel from 900 degrees to 120 degrees otherwise I just couldnt get round the corners. and the review makes no comment on forcefeedback

20. poopypoo

Veteran

8.0? that must be the lowest score i've ever seen gamespot give a launch title ;)