Need For Speed Rivals [Next Gen, Current Gen]

I have it for the PS4 and I'm loving it. It looks awesome (stunning at times w/ frostbite 3) and NFS Hot Pursuit (2010) is a fav of mine so this basically a sequel. If you enjoy arcade racers it's a really good one.

Game on PS4 is actually 22GB. It does definitely look very good at times.

I wanted to buy and download this, but after reading it's only 30fps, I think I'll pass. It not having manual transmission also make me think this isn't the type of game I really want. Quite a shame really, Need for Speed used to be very cool series (up until the PS2 days).

It's definitely an arcade game. But it is very nice that it has these vast areas outside the city now, and that gave us at least a pretty nice feeling back of the old NFS3 series.

I find it funny that people won't even try the game because it runs at 30fps. I also have Forza 5 and that runs at 60fps and the races are more intense in Rivals. IMO Ghost games has done a nice job with the sense of speed. Also, there's so much atmosphere from the weather to the lighting Frostbite 3 is put to good use. Its pretty impressive when the helicopter come out at night.

Its not just the fps, there is a whole list of epic fails
physics also locked to 30hz, only 2 camera views, no cockpit view, no steering wheel support, vert - when most other frostbite games are hor+ ect.

Not sure how steering wheel support would work well with Rivals. Criterion never supported wheels.
Anyway I love the lighting in this game. Can't wait to see how Frostbite develops on PS4.

Most Wanted worked with a wheel, cool!
Seemed so twitchy it would be tough to control.
Isn't there a hack to get Rivals on PC to run @ 60fps?

Yes
Add to end of shortcut properties without speech marks:
" -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60.0"

Back