Move Games

Turkish Developer Lamagama Entertainment Announces PS3 Exclusive Quadratum Mortis [UPDATE: Not Move-Only, But Requires 2 Moves]
http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2012/01/lamagama-announces-quadratum-mortis.html

Based in Ankara, Turkey, Lamagama Entertainment was founded by Nilay Yuce (a former researcher at The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey) and Gokhan Ertem (an ex-process control engineer for Turkish Aerospace Industries) in January 2009. Since then, it hasn't released a single game for any major console. And yet here they are, introducing Quadratum Mortis, a yet largely mysterious game targeted towards a subset of a subset of the current consoles installed base: the PlayStation Move owners.

All that is known at the moment about Quadratum Mortis comes from a short description published on the developer site a few days ago, along with a single piece of concept art (see above or click the thumbnail at the bottom for the full size version), both hinting at fighting game of sorts, likely to be conceptually along the lines of Sports Champions' Gladiator Duel. More than enought to deserve attention, and feed the immagination...

[Rest of article clarifies the dual Move controller mechanism]

PixelJunk 4am out this Spring, Play It In SF Next Week
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/02/pixeljunk-4am-out-this-spring-play-it-in-sf-next-week/

Next week during GDC, PixelJunk is collaborating with Super7 to host a FREE GDC Kickoff party in San Francisco. You can expect:

A public preview of PixelJunk 4am available to play for anyone not going to GDC!
Super7’s INSERT COIN COLLECTION T-shirt range launch.
Prizes for the ‘best jam sessions’ on 4am.
Free drinks, music, giveaways & fun!

PixelJunk 4am Art & Music Director DJ Baiyon will be on hand to deliver a performance at 6pm to kick things off, followed by free play for everyone. Attendance is free, so if you’re unable to make GDC but still want to checkout PixelJunk 4am, come down and say “Hi” to us.

Was pretty harsh at the idea at one point. I doubt it would work but I'm usually open minded enough to try bad ideas. :p

Curious to see how the game has evolved. Some of the screenshots look rather different from the last time we saw it.

GDC 2012 | Datura To Be Playable At Sony's Booth
http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2012/03/gdc-2012-datura-to-be-playable-at-sonys.html

Looks like the time has come for the mysterious Move compatible game Datura to enjoy a proper unveiling as Polish developer Plastic announces it's just about to happen at Sony's GDC 2012 booth.

A short post on Plastic's website entitled "Datura at GDC 2012" states the following:

"Hello, if you want to see it for your very own eyes please be invited to GDC 2012. We will be showcasing “Datura” at Sony’s booth. Everything is packed and prepared so see you there! More info and a complete webpage for this project will be announced after GDC. Please also check PlayStation blog, since there will be official statement of Sony coming real soon."

As already confirmed by iWaggle3D back then, Datura will support stereoscopic 3D and PlayStation Move. The latter won't be mandatory since the game will be compatible with traditional controllers as well. The "hand tech" showcased by the teasing videos tho, has been in development specifically for the PlayStation Move for more than two years.

It's up on the blog now:

Introducing Datura, an Exclusive PSN Game for PlayStation Move
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...a-an-exclusive-psn-game-for-playstation-move/

Today, we are proud to present you with Datura, which uses the controller in a quite innovative way.

Finding yourself in a mysterious forest, you will navigate your way through the game by controlling your character’s hand using Playstation Move technology. From here, you are immersed into the game’s unique experimental narrative and original way of interaction, which enables you to experience the world not only visually, but also empirically — an illusion that you can actually touch trees, faces, and other objects.

While taking inspiration from film-like narratives, Datura is a story you get a chance to physically participate in. As you travel through the game, you will encounter choices and face your consequences. It is through these puzzles that Datura explores an element of anxiety: was it a right choice or a wrong choice?

New PlayStation Move Sales Data Revealed
http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1220282p1.html

This afternoon, Sony held a GDC panel focusing entirely on its PlayStation Move motion peripheral. During the panel, Tommy de Roos of Guerilla Games and Peter Akemann of The Workshop talked at length about their experiences working with Move during the development of Killzone 3 and Sorcery, respectively. Look for more on those discussions tomorrow on IGN.

But at the beginning of the panel, Sony's Gabe Ahn revealed new PlayStation Move sales data. 10.5 million units have been shipped to retailers so far. With Sony's insistence on using shipped numbers in lieu of sold-to-consumer numbers, we did verify with Mr. Ahn after the panel to verify that his numbers were shipped and not sold. We also verified that the numbers include both PlayStation Move controllers and Navigation Controllers combined.

What Sony needs to do is publish some more Move games. Unfortunately their Vita launch will take all their attention away from Move. And after Bioshock Infinite, we'll likely not see anymore more AAA Move games :(

It's frustrating for me as a Move owner because i love the device as its the most tactile, useable, accurate and versatile motion control device on the market... and unfortunately its the one that isn't getting the development support that it (and we gamers) truly deserve, in order to prove its worth.

Sony should have mandated that all 1st party shooters implemented a Move control option as a bare minimum. They should have then done more to court 3rd parties into supporting it. Move in Mass Effect 3 would have been perfect, as well as evey COD released since the device launched. So many games could have benefitted with a Move control option. Sony's first parties like Guerrilla and Sucker Punch have already done the legwork to show how an accomlished Move implementation can greatly enhance both FPS and TPS games.

They could have even persuaded smaller FPS projects to support it as a means for differentiating themselves and capturing extra sales. I'd have bought a game like Syndicate day one, regardless of reviews if it had included Move controls. Stuff like that could have spurred some extra sales for 3rd party games that are more likely to be swept under the rug.

C'mon Sony... gimme more Move games that are worth buying.:devilish:

Wrap Your Head Around PixelJunk 4am With This GDC Demonstration
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...nd-pixeljunk-4am-with-this-gdc-demonstration/

But what exactly is PixelJunk 4am? A game? An instrument? To answer this question, we turned to Rowan Parker, who explained it from the floor of a launch party held during the 2012 Game Developers Conference where DJ Baiyon “played” for the lucky attendees. [Blah]

["Instructional video" in the link. Game is confusing as hell :LOL:]

The House of the Dead 4 Coming to PSN in April
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/03/14/the-house-of-the-dead-4-coming-to-psn-in-april/

Straight out of the arcades in Japan, The House of the Dead 4 will be available exclusively on PlayStation Network on April 17th at a wallet friendly price of $9.99.

Here are the key features:
* PlayStation Move compatible
* Multiplayer mode
* Multiple paths
* Ranking and grading system to track your shot accuracy
* Additional levels from The House of the Dead 4 Special
* Bonus unlockable PlayStation Home item
* Original creator interview
* Trophies

I'm loving all these light gun shooters.

So awesome :D

HOTD Overkill is hilarious and a tonne of fun to play.

(albeit a bit embarrasing to play in front of my wife :oops:)

More Datura:

http://t.co/nBbPu8T9

I like it. Seems a very natural interface gor a first person adventure or even RPG, and that is a beautiful forest. Supports 3D too ...

I'm loving all these light gun shooters.

So awesome :D

I remember playing lotsa House of the Dead when I was dating my wife. ^_^
Will definitely grab that game for old time sake.

More Datura:

http://t.co/nBbPu8T9

I like it. Seems a very natural interface gor a first person adventure or even RPG, and that is a beautiful forest. Supports 3D too ...

Excellent ! Finally another 3D game. Game looks creepy. 8^/

It's cool to see these "experience" games once in a while. Hope it complements Journey, Flower and flOw. Linger in Shadow was too short (and too weird ! :p)

I remember playing lotsa House of the Dead when I was dating my wife. ^_^
Will definitely grab that game for old time sake.

You should Patsu ;-) barrels of fun I tell ya :D

Excellent ! Finally another 3D game. Game looks creepy. 8^/

It's cool to see these "experience" games once in a while. Hope it complements Journey, Flower and flOw. Linger in Shadow was too short (and too weird ! :p)

I do hope that it's more of a game than Linger in the Shadows. LitS was more of a tech demo or interactive video. There wasn't much of a game there. (Plus it gave me nightmares about that shaggy dog floating towards me:cry:)

This game certainly looks the part. I love the level of control you have over the hand and your interaction with the world. I'd love this to be very much an evolution of the point & click adventure :) Super excited.

Datura does look like an excellent interface, but I'm worried what'll be released will just be a fancy tech demo. I was unsure from the interview whether it's an interactive story with a narrative that unfurls, or more an open playground with loose ideas of a story. Why isn't this tech being turned into a proper, full game? Why is Move remaining an experimental device?

Wait till you see 4am. :runaway:

[size=-2]I don't even know what to call it[/size]

I was thinking how the Datura interface could work in Quantic Dream's next project. Then I remember it's probably going to be a third person view game. :(

EDIT: Shifty, have you tried Child of Eden ?

Wait till you see 4am. :runaway:

[size=-2]I don't even know what to call it[/size]

:oops: Whooaaaahh?!?!?

Okay Patsu... speak now or you shall be held to account :devilish:

I was thinking how the Datura interface could work in Quantic Dream's next project. Then I remember it's probably going to be a third person view game. :(

You and I Patsu... we are kindred spirits. We think the same thoughts ;-)

I was thinking how cool a first person Heavy Rain-type game would be with this interface. Or even somthing as good and as expansive as Skyrim with this interface. Maybe with Obsidian's recent troubles Sony should buy them and turn them into a first party wRPG house that makes first person RPGs with the Move interface. That'd be perfect :D

That's the thing though. Sony is great at showing tech with ptoential, and we get all excited, but why does so little come of it? It's like this is a demo to get other developers interested in using this style interface for their full games. This is an obvious interface for something like Heavy Rain. You can slap someone, open a door, etc., all extremely naturally. But instead Move seems to remain niche.

Back