Which games do you usually play with real life friends? My list. Any recommendation?

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
By play I also mean sharing, when your friend/s watch you play a videogame that is fun to share with someone, even if you aren't the person holding the controller. I used to watch him play when we were kids, he had the Megadrive, and a NES, then a Megadrive 32X, Mega CD, PS1, PS2...

In my case, I usually play competitive games with my best childhood friend. We tried co-op but he is competitive and I enjoy giving him a bit of a challenge.

We play a lot of sports games -golf, football (soccer), basketball...., etc-, kart games..., fighting games, Neo Geo arcade stuff (the superb fun Soccer Brawl, Art of Fighting...)

This is the list of games I've been playing with him as of late (ALL of them played on the PC):

SPORTS (the type of games my siblings are likely to play with me too)

Mario Golf -N64 emulation-
Full Ace Tennis Simulator -a serious tennis game, it's fun too-
Mario Tennis -Wii emulation-
Ultra Smash Mario Tennis -Wii U emulation-
NBA Jam
MK8
-Wii U, emulation-
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Mario Kart
(SNES emulation)
Mario Kart 64 (N64 emulation)
Mario Strikers Charged Football (Wii, emulation)
NBA 2k19
NBA 2k Playgrounds 2
(3pt shootout is really fun when playing against a friend, regular games too of course)
Pro Evolution Soccer 2019
Soccer Brawl
-superb fun for 2 players-
Kopanito All Stars Soccer -minor game, funt for 2, not superb but ok-
Pixel Cup Soccer 17 -same as Kopanito, can be fun-
Super Arcade Soccer
The Golf Club 2
ToyBox Turbos
Powerstar Golf
(special mention 'cos it's a XB1 exclusive but it was super fun, specially with the leaderboards and the kind of competition it provides)

FIGHTING GAMES

Killer Instinct -Windows 10 version, it's play anywhere so I got it for free 'cos I purchased the original XB1 version back in the day-
BlazBlue -these japanese games are soooooooo fun-
Guilty Gear series -same as BlazBlue-
The King of Fighters
Street Fighter 2
and similar -too bad how dated they look and feel though, current games look like CGI compared to old games-
Art of Fighting
Samurai Shodown
Ultra Street Fighter 4
Street Fighter Alpha 2
The King of Fighters XIII
UNDER NIGHT IN-BIRTH Exe:Late
-a sfun as BlazBlue and Guilty Gear-
Arcana Heart 3 LOVE MAX!!!!!!

OTHERS

Pang Adventures
(co-op, but we haven't played it much 'cos of that, gotta see if there's a competitive mode)

Last edited:
NEW ACQUISITION

Xenon Racer (I got this game today, it is on sale on Steam and it looks so amazing I had to get it, perfect for competitive gameplay too -split screen-). Whenever we see each other again I'll certainly play this.

Last edited:
NEW GAME

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
-found this game on sale today at Humble Bundle and it's a perfect game to play with friends, superb quality-.

Loved the previous version to death, which I played on the Xbox.

An random indie title but hidden in plain sight (steam and Xbox) is a good couch multiplayer game, limited to 4 on Xbox, it is good fun and matures with a beer (unlike the players :LOL:)

"Real life friends"...I understand the words individually, but when you put them together like that it confuses me. What do you mean? :|

An random indie title but hidden in plain sight (steam and Xbox) is a good couch multiplayer game, limited to 4 on Xbox, it is good fun and matures with a beer (unlike the players :LOL:)

hahahaha, thinking about that beer draws images of people complaining and profanity, thrashy stuff. Can the game be played with a hand as if you had a gun peripheral like in Duck Hunt? That can be fun while your other hand cradles a cold beer.

"Real life friends"...I understand the words individually, but when you put them together like that it confuses me. What do you mean? :|
did I write it wrongly? honest question, since you are native, I am curious about whether I wrote that sentence correctly or not. What would be the correct way to write it?

Real life friends as I understand it means "friends outside of the internet", people you play with who lives nearby and play locally with you, although it also includes people you've met personally and play with you online.

did I write it wrongly? honest question, since you are native, I am curious about whether I wrote that sentence correctly or not. What would be the correct way to write it?

Real life friends as I understand it means "friends outside of the internet", people you play with who lives nearby and play locally with you, although it also includes people you've met personally and play with you online.
No, you wrote it correctly. I was being sarcastic implying I had no real life friends or even knew what it meant.

Your use of english was perfectly correct, sorry to make you question it. I was just being stupid. ;)

Power stone (Dreamcast) is really great with friends.
only chance for me to try the game is using an emulator. I've never played Dreamcast via emulation. But since I have so many emulators already it might be quite easy to set it up.
Crash Team Racing was so fan back in the day. Cant wait for the remake.
you mentioned this game some time ago and I also recall talking about it because the game was superb. Again, my best childhood friend, had the PS1, then the PS2....some time afterwards he purchased the X360 and the XB1.

But in teh PS1 days, Pro Evolution Soccer, Crash Team Racing, Tekken, etc etc, was a great part of our gaming -I was into Residen Evil for the PC and Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit (PC)- and we played many games together. Crash Team Racing was like a Mario Kart on steroids for me, 'cos I was used to the SNES version of MK.

I had never played MK 64 back then. Thing is.... was it a better game than Crash Team Racing? CTR had this thing of making you laugh, there are some vivid memories of launching a rocket in a tunnel, for whatever reason. CTR was soooooooo fun.

I had never played MK 64 back then. Thing is.... was it a better game than Crash Team Racing?

MK64 is probably my most played game of my life. Every time I had friends home gaming, we would pop MK64 in there, and after that, no other game felt as fun. MK64 is to me the best MK version made, and possibly the best kart racer out there second only to one title: CTR.

Even if MK64 defined my childhood and I played very little CTR then, I have to admit, comparing both today, CTR is the superior game. If I had to chose one of the two to play for the rest of my days, it would be Crash.

Back