Move Games

patsu

Legend
Sony list all the Move games on the Official Blog:
*Denotes a downloadable PSN title

Out Now

Auditorium*
Beat Sketcher*
Blue Toad Murder Files* (via PSN software update)
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 2011
Combat Wings
Create
Dance on Broadway
Dance Dance Revolution
Dead Space Extraction*
de Blob 2
Dungeon Hunter: Alliance*
echochrome II*
EyePet
Fast Draw Showdown*
Hydrophobia Prophecy
The Fight: Lights Out
Funky Lab Rat*
Get Fit With Mel B
Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows Part Two
Heavy Rain (via PSN software update)
High Velocity Bowling* (via PSN software update)
Hustle Kings* (via PSN software update)
John Daly’s ProStroke Golf
Killzone 3
Kung Fu Rider
Little League World Series 2010
MAG (via PSN software update)
MLB 11: The Show
Michael Jackson: The Experience
Modern Combat: Domination*
NBA 2K11
Pain* (via PSN software update)
Planet Minigolf* (via PSN software update)
PlayStation Move Ape Escape*
PlayStation Move Heroes
Racquet Sports
Rapala Pro Bass Fishing 2010
Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition (via PSN software update)
R.U.S.E.
Sackboy’s Prehistoric Moves*
Singstar Dance
The Sly Collection
SOCOM 4
Sports Champions
Start the Party
Swords & Soldiers* (via PSN software update)
The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest
The Shoot
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 (via PSN software update)
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
Time Crisis: Razing Storm
Top Darts*
Top Spin 4
Toy Story 3: The Video Game (side modes via PSN software update)
TRON: Evolution
Tumble*
TV Superstars
UFC Personal Trainer: The Ultimate Fitness System
Under Siege*
Virtua Tennis 4
Yoostar 2
Zumba Fitness

Coming Next

BioShock Infinite
Carnival Island
Child of Eden
Dungeon Defenders*
DUST 514*
Everybody Dance
EyePet and Friends
GoldenEye 007: Reloaded
The House of the Dead Overkill – Extended Cut
LittleBigPlanet 2 (via upcoming PlayStation Move Pack PSN software update)
Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest
NBA 2K12
No More Heroes: Heroes’ Paradise
Oddworld: Stranger’s Wrath*
PixelJunk lifelike* (Pixeljunk 4am)
Resistance 3
Sorcery
Star Trek
Wanted Corp*

There are about 80 titles so far.

EDIT:

More...
* 4 Elements HD
* Biohazard: The Darkside Chronicles
* Biohazard: The Umbrella Chronicles
* Counter Strike
* DanceStar Party
* Datura
* FIFA
* Gal Gun
* Grand Slam Tennis 2
* Hotshot Golf 5
* Infamous 2: Festival of Blood
* Max and the Magic Marker
* MotorStorm Apocalypse
* Move Fitness
* Ninja Gaiden 3
* Toki Tori

Wow ! Thats a looong list !
Too bad, I lost my disc of Sports CHampions when our house got a little flooded recently ! Monsoons took my disc away !

These are the ones I am interested in:

BioShock Infinite
Carnival Island
Child of Eden
EyePet and Friends
The House of the Dead Overkill – Extended Cut
LittleBigPlanet 2 (via upcoming PlayStation Move Pack PSN software update)
Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest
Sorcery

From the current list, I still plan to get:
* de Blob 2 (That evolved from a student project right ?)
* Auditorium

For the new games, I am looking at:
* BioShock Infinite
* Child of Eden
* DUST 514*
* EyePet and Friends
* LittleBigPlanet 2 (via upcoming PlayStation Move Pack PSN software update)
* Medieval Moves: Deadmund’s Quest
* Resistance 3
* Sorcery

Wild card
* NBA 2K12
* PixelJunk lifelike*

I really didn't like what I saw in PixelJunk lifelike. But it's piqued my interest. Leaving it in for now.

I suspect Sorcery is in every Move gamer's list.

More coming:
* MotorStorm Apocalypse
* Ninja Gaiden 3: http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2011/8/16-31

Today at Gamescom Team NINJA and Tecmo Koei are proud to announce full PlayStation Move compatibility for its upcoming killer hit NINJA GAIDEN 3.

This will be the first time the hit NINJA GAIDEN series hosts motion control and it will give players a new edge when slicing through their enemy's flesh and bone.

"We are really excited to announce this fantastic news at gamescom", stated the leader of Team NINJA Yosuke Hayashi.

[Blah...]

EDIT:
New from Gamescom 2011:
* Uncharted 3
* Move Fitness
* FIFA
* DanceStar Party <-- This one looks interesting. You can make your own dance.

will watch the gamescom videos tomorrow ! heard they showed the Resistance title too, its called Resistance:Burning Skies on the Vita. Too sleepy right now.....yawn !

Any rumours on sports champions getting a sequel? I would just love to have a better version of disc golf with more simulation options(better wind, under/overstable discs, disc weight, weather)+new courses + online play(or at least online scoreboard).

Now if they do a Sports Champions 2, I'd want them to spice up the formula and change those boring avatars.

Steal the camera techniques from anime for more dramatic presentation. Still waiting for them to do a special mode like these:

... and of course 3D.

Move fitness looks promising. It wields dual Move, and has all the good stuff from the other games, like boxing, and even dual sword yielding. Hopefully they give that the attention it deservers, and I'll likely get it. The dance game has some promise too. I was wondering if they were going to develop the SingStar Dance part into something a little more accessible, and now they're going all the way it seems. Hopefully it also supports dual Move wielding. And the custom dance routine creator is a great idea, combined with a more clever combination of seeing yourself dance and the original video, showing moves in advance, etc. Looks like they at least intend to rival Dance Central. I don't know that they'd ever win that, but reusing the SingStar environment should give them a leg-up at least. Wonder if they'll also attempt to pick up voice without microphone this time for voice command controls. :p

I checked out Ubi's Michael Jackson game last weekend. It's pretty good. I took a video of my son dancing with another kid in SonyStyles.

I am still of the opinion that DanceStar and SingStar should be modular, and tagged onto Music Unlimited. ^_^

More curious about DanceStar for the dance creation part.

For fitness, I see that Zumba game is still selling well.

Shuhei interview:
http://www.vg247.com/2011/08/17/gamescom-2011-sonys-yoshida-on-the-ps3-cut-and-more/

How important is Move to you now? It played quite a large part of that presentation yesterday. Is Move and motion control in general something you’re still serious about building into your software portfolio going forwards?

Absolutely. PS Move has been a development of our R&D activities, even since the beginning of the PS2 days. We had EyeToy on PS2, the controller-less experience with augmented reality, and that was improved with the launch of PS3 and the PlayStation Eye. PS Move was a much bigger step for us in terms of creating the experience that puts you in the game.

We are totally excited that the experience you can create with PS Move can’t be replicated using traditional controllers. To answer your question, there’s a lot more we can do using the PS Move technology, its robustness, its preciseness and the fact it’s easy to get into. We’ll continue to create dedicated experiences using PS Move, as well as to adapt PS Move functionality into other types of games, as we’ve been doing with some FPS titles. With LittleBigPlanet we’re adding functionality so that you can create PS Move content and PS Move games. We continue to do both.

I ask because Microsoft is very keen on telling developers to incorporate Kinect functionality into their games. Is this something you push on developers, or do you say, “If you want to incorporate it, incorporate it”?

We ask teams to look at what they can do, to see if it makes sense. Some developers are skeptical even before trying Move, but many teams have found they can use PS Move because it’s designed as a game controller, with low latency and preciseness, and it doesn’t take up too much resource from the hardware. That’s what I ask. And if it makes sense and the team believes they can add value to the games then they do it, and if they don’t they don’t.

Quite a lot of Move stuff on show at GamesCom. I saw Edmund's Quest, Move Fitness, DanceStar Party, a bunch of other fitness games, Carnival, Start the Party 2 (which was disappointing by the way, the original is better is the impression I'm currently getting), Puss in Boots (which looked surprisingly good), Winter Games, Hunter, that plane game (which has horrible framerate), and so on. Kinect was represented quite well also.

Here's DanceStar Party, which was quite a success. There were 20 pods to play two player on or so, and they were all played non-stop.

TTP looked at Deadmund's Quest in Gamescom:

Did you meet up with him ?

He's going to interview the Move Fitness team next.

I just brought him and his brother back to Aachen after spending the day in Maastricht, had a great time and he was just as nice in person as he seems in the videos (his brother too of course - minus the videos part ;) )

Back