Playstation Experience 2015 - San Francisco

Shawn Layden literally had a Crash Bandicoot t-shirt. Shawn, please put up or shut up. I will not rest until we are informed that Mark Cerny is rebooting Crash. The teasing and easter eggs are not funny anymore.

They said that PSVR will come out in 1st half of 2016, and E3 is in early "2nd half".

I think there is a good chance that PSVR pricing/availability will be unveiled at CES [big spotlight for international media] or GDC in March. Or, they could even host new PlayStation Meeting in February.

You missed the best part

Ah crap, spoiler alert for that trailer!
I bought Drake's collection and it's coming in the mail tomorrow, haven't played a single one of the PS3 games, only Golden Abyss.

Ah crap, spoiler alert for that trailer!
I bought Drake's collection and it's coming in the mail tomorrow, haven't played a single one of the PS3 games, only Golden Abyss.

You are in for a treat, Bluepoint have done a marvelous job with that remaster!

Meh... I was expecting Kojima holding Konami's cat at gun point, in a hostage situation. With people screaming...
Kojima sneaking on stage in a box.

I think there is a good chance that PSVR pricing/availability will be unveiled at CES [big spotlight for international media]
CES is probably the best platform. Sony can provide VR 'films' as well as games, and usher in a new era of consumer entertainment beyond just games. Would get a lot more attention than VR as a gaming device.

Sadly, I don't think it's going to be backed by significantly strong content at this point. Might end up a very expensive EyeToy.

You missed the best part
"Nathan, we killed guard"

Of course you boys did! You are to the preservation of life what the Bo and Luke Duke are to traffic safety!

I love Naughty Dog! :yes:

They said that PSVR will come out in 1st half of 2016, and E3 is in early "2nd half".

I think there is a good chance that PSVR pricing/availability will be unveiled at CES [big spotlight for international media] or GDC in March. Or, they could even host new PlayStation Meeting in February.
My guess is it will be its own event. I think they just don't want to go first so they're waiting for OR to announce. Both have to happen pretty soon after the holidays though.

Me too, I would rather see them make a separate press event, like they did for the PS4 at the end of February. That way it can be planned for whenever they are ready, instead of rushing or delaying to fit with one of the few trade shows in early 2016.

GDC is for developers, CES is for TVs and phones but it's huge so it might work :-?

CES is where Oculus Rift [pre-kickstarter] first made first big impression, many called it a gadget of the show.

I also expect Oculus Rift to have their own event. There's just too much stuff and too many different companies/partners to showcase for it to be shoehorned into another event.

I would however expect it around that time (though CES is early this yr).

Back