Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that's exactly our point, thank you. We are obviously of the opinion that the non-configurable dead-zone, lag and acceleration (if a design choice or not) is utterly ridiculous.

No, I'm happy to keep things the way they are, but question why the option isn't given to at least configure the dead-zone and the amount of acceleration. If they want to keep the weight, fine, keep it, but you can still have it with no accelaretion in the controls.

KillZone 2 looks to be a great game. Yet, there are many that can't like the controls. It's a shame that something so simple can cause such an uproar.

I agree, it is amazing how much people will stick up with shoddy controls in a game because of it's technical merit, impressive visuals, hype and is a console exclusive.

If these kind of controls featured on some generic FPS made by some Eastern European dev, they would definitely not elicit the same reaction or zealous defense.

Why include the acceleration? It justs adds frustration, keep the weight and the lag, remove the acceleration.

I agree, it is amazing how much people will stick up with shoddy controls in a game because of it's technical merit, impressive visuals, hype and is a console exclusive.

If these kind of controls featured on some generic FPS made by some Eastern European dev, they would definitely not elicit the same reaction or zealous defense.

Why include the acceleration? It justs adds frustration, keep the weight and the lag, remove the acceleration.

You'll see. Just wait a week. Play the whole game and the MP, then come back to us.

You'll see. Just wait a week. Play the whole game and the MP, then come back to us.

Good point otherwise this discussion will go nowhere, I shall get the game finish SP play some MP to see if it 'works'.

However I might just get used to it, and so not care anymore. Like all the Resident Evil fans.

Killzone 2 TV Ad: http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/261/0.59

"In anticipation of the Killzone 2 release, SCEA will also be launching a new television ad campaign this week in collaboration with Killzone 2 developer Guerrilla Games, Los Angeles based Zoic Studios and ad agency Deutsch LA. Coined the “Bullet” commercial, the new ad was rendered entirely in-engine via the incredible power of the Killzone 2 engine and PS3 technology to preserve the unique visual and epic gameplay experience.

"Every single frame of this commercial was directly rendered on a PS3 without the need for additional tweaking or touching up. We're very proud that our game engine technology has reached the point where we don't have to resort to software pre-rendering,” said Hermen Hulst, Managing Director. “In that regard it is a testament to our commitment to deliver on what we promise. What you see is what you get.

SCEA will also be releasing a playable version of the ad, where users can control the camera view to explore the behind-the-scenes techniques used to create the ad. This version will also include a director’s commentary explaining the team’s efforts to develop a campaign that was true to the actual gaming experience"

Who the hell are you to insult so many people?

You're not the authority on good or bad controls - there is none.

Why the hell are you the only one being real to themselves and everyone else is just "putting up with the controls"?

Look you don't have to like the controls or KZ2 at all and everyone can respect that but drop "everybody other than me are idiots" act.

If you can't accept that others appreciate the controls and the atmosphere GG is trying elicit that is YOUR problem not that of everyone else. You sure are being hypocritical - for all your snide chastising of the so called zealots you've been more zealous than anyone else in arguing with the "impressions" of not one but MULTIPLE other people - as if they've no basis for feeling they way they do. You have been more active than ANY other poster so calling out the majority as zealots is beyond rich.

Here's a thought. Stop being so absolutist, accusing, and demeaning and people will respond to you a whole lot better. If you can't do that than deal with people getting animated when you challenge their sincerity when you have no basis to do so. There certainly isn't any need for it.

They need to put 'in-game graphics' across the ad in big bold letters. If i saw that on tv id instantly guess it was CG.

I agree. When I saw the blog post, I didn't read any of the text. I went straight to the video and instantly assumed it was CG. I then read the text, and saw their press release and was immediately impressed. I can't wait for them to release the AD for us to "play" in March!!

Although, I love the AD, I think there should be 2 others showing game play. As always, it's great to see what Sony will market but how much they will market it remains the question. They state the pre-orders are good, Gamestop are now limiting it to 2 per household...they weren't doing that before (I don't mean to insinuate there anything, I just find it interesting). I just want their ads to start playing 24/7 on every TV station there is for the next 2 weeks :D

I haven't watched the vids yet, but the ad being in-engine does not mean real-time. There may be additional AA added and such. The playable version may not be exactly the same. I'm not saying it isn't though.

You have a point, but that begs the question of why upscale it to 1080p though. If they up the AA, they might as well up the resolution too.

I'm itching to try the camera control. Have to wait till March.

Ah, i see, and of course there are no such things like 'bullshots' and so on...

If you read the info....this one is different:

"To offer you some insight into the technology behind this game, we will release a playable version of this in-engine ad vignette on the PlayStation Network coming in March. You’ll be able to control the camera and hear director commentary on how the production was completed using only the game’s technology."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back