Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those don't look like in-game assets in the NA commercial. There are actual fabric textures on the Vektans and Helghast, which aren't there in the demo or any screens/video I have seen.

I don't know if they are in-game assets or not, but there are indeed fabrics on some of the ISAs' elbow pads. Take a closer look at Garza.
[size=-2]I think the under-mask of the Helghasts also has fabric texture[/size]

I am at level 3 0r 4, I can't remeber, but it is the most explosive campaign by far :cool: !
I was very pleased when I had heard the "Tat-tat-tat" of guns in COD4 last year, but lemme say this again, the guns feel sooooo damn satisfying in this one, just coz of their sound ! Its like mowing down ur enemies.

3 things that have changed in me uptill now:

a) I had never thought a game could be fun just because of its death animations. I realised that in the demo itself.
b) I had no idea guns could feel, so....."in ur hand" in a game ! They nailed it to the core.
c) I had never, even though I worship Crytek, never exclaimed in a game " This is Realtime? Is it realtime now?" and moved my controller to check it before.

My respect for Guerilla games has gone past my respect for Crytek now. The game just........ delivers !
I think in this war of game companies, the gamers have won once again, coz I don't think Sony would have pushed Guerilla so far had it not been MS breathing down their neck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The way it's worded, the ad could be recorded in engine at a very low frame rate. There is nothing that says the playable version will be 100% identical, just that it will be a playable version. That's all I'm saying. There could be additional AA and or post processing that could be removed for the playable version.

They could be 100% identical, and that's not meant to be a conspiracy theory. I rarely trust ad or pr materials, from any company, so I was just pointing out the way the statement was worded leaves them some wiggle room.

Right, but we've all played KZ2 in some form or fashion (some more than others) and nothing in that trailer is incredibly over the top as far as what can be done in real time, especially if you're not hampered with any AI.

I understand what you're saying, but I think it's just really silly to assume that they would mislead consumers or whatever when it has been their goal since the first screenshot they unvieled to show absolutely nothing BUT real-time in-engine, in-game footage. Why on gods green earth would they suddenly decide that now is the time to do something like that, and then say "we'll release a playable version" that isn't up to snuff?

I'm fairly certain that everything we've seen in that ad could be done in real time at 30fps on the PS3, as there is nothing unbelievable about it. It's clever art direction and camera angles.

Simliar to the way GT5 and many other racers look far more amazing in certain camera angles than others.

How did you get a copy so early?

Was released in India earlier to counter the grey market. It was released officially on the 11th feb itself as soon as news of leak in Middle east was heard. Sony India knew that all the grey market copies come from Middle east here, so they got official copies on shelves before the grey market ones arrived !
I got it so late coz I was waiting for my Steelbook edition, I also got a KZ artbook free with it :D !

coz I don't think Sony would have pushed Guerilla so far had it not been MS breathing down their neck.
They might not have given the backing they recieved but I think it was always Guerilla's intention to make the best game they could.

Doubt Sony pushed them at all in that regard.

Does anybody know if the MP graphics\framerate are identical to the SP?

The fellows over at GAF stated they were identical- just that the SP had "more stuff going on" in the background and stuff to make it feel like a true war. More busy.

The SP is extremely busy ! You can count on that. Just played Salamun Bridge and it was hell on earth.....err.....I mean Helghan !
I have seen one map of MP in SKirmish, and yes that map feels very quite compared to SP, but thats given, right? After all there is only as much chaos as people on screen.

They might not have given the backing they recieved but I think it was always Guerilla's intention to make the best game they could.

Doubt Sony pushed them at all in that regard.
I think we would have had Killzone 2 in late '07 had it not been for the 05 render and subsequent backlash.

The SP is extremely busy ! You can count on that. Just played Salamun Bridge and it was hell on earth.....err.....I mean Helghan !
I have seen one map of MP in SKirmish, and yes that map feels very quite compared to SP, but thats given, right? After all there is only as much chaos as people on screen.

Oh true, I'm not complaining at all about this! I was just curious as to the overall visual quality of the MP.

the Beta\official videos are SICK imho.

I observed that in the SP (as many of us saw in the demo) certain weapons (such as the shotgun, Sniper, and Helghast Bolt Action Rifle) can blow off heads.

Is that confirmed for MP at all? I love the idea of being rewarded with a headshot with those guns with a satisfying decapitation online..

Oh true, I'm not complaining at all about this! I was just curious as to the overall visual quality of the MP.

the Beta\official videos are SICK imho.

I observed that in the SP (as many of us saw in the demo) certain weapons (such as the shotgun, Sniper, and Helghast Bolt Action Rifle) can blow off heads.

Is that confirmed for MP at all? I love the idea of being rewarded with a headshot with those guns with a satisfying decapitation online..

The overall visual quality of the MP BETA was better than any FPS SINGLE-PLAYER MODE on consoles.

It seems that there are more secrets in KillZone 2:
http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=killzone2&thread.id=183544

Go check out our new home! www.killzone.com

We'll be putting up info on the new site and its functionality soon.

Some of the new functionality:

Battle Replays: You will be able to watch games as they unfolded, watch the troop movements and see who killed who and how. We'll expand on this as time goes by. Right now you should be able to view a couple of Battle Replays created by internal testing of the site. Battle Replays are saved and displayed if at least 2 people played and completed a round and will for now remain on the site for two weeks.

Clans: You will be able to create and administer your clans from the page so you don't have to be on your PS3 to see who wants to be in your clan or what the latest is on any upcoming games.

Tournaments: You will be able to set up clans from the site, just like in-game, but will be able to see the results and how they played out on the tournament wheel too.

Challenges: This offers the same functionality as the in-game, but of course lets you set up your battles remotely.

STATS!: We all love stats! And if the stats recorded in-game are not enough for you, we show even more here! Including match performance, a weapons cloud to show what weapons are used most and preferred faction.

Leaderboards: Same as in-game! See where you are from work!

And much much more.

NOTE-1: Clan creation will not work for you until you have ranked up to Sergeant in-game! So you will have to wait till the game servers are live and you've ranked up twice before you can use that functionality!

NOTE-2: The stats on the site are not realistic and stem from internal testing. These stats are not from real players and are simply there to show you the functionality at present.

NOTE-3: Please be aware that we are still working on ironing out some of the niggles and problems and will try and make sure the site remains live till the game servers are up and beyond.

NOTE-4: Not all content is live yet and we will be adding that throughout the next few days. (Trailers, Killzone 2 Characters, Vehicles etc)

If you have problems or questions post them below. I'll try and answer them best I can, but be advised that I am a touch busy making sure its all rockin'.

Needless to say... killzone.com is swarmed now. :(

EDIT:

Battle Replay on YouTube:

Battle replay is genius, unlike in-game screenshot, this is actually RELEVANT to competitive play.
Indifferent2.gif

... for game battle no less.

Wonder how they are going to show sniper kill. Also, they plan to expand on this basic framework. Would be interesting to see what comes next.

Status: packing ... nice. ;) Though ordering from play.com from the Netherlands, that doesn't mean I'll get it on launch day, probably somewhere late next week if ever. Delivery from play.com to the Netherlands has never been great. But I'm patient.

Status: packing ... nice. ;) Though ordering from play.com from the Netherlands, that doesn't mean I'll get it on launch day, probably somewhere late next week if ever. Delivery from play.com to the Netherlands has never been great. But I'm patient.

Dont you have any dutch online retailer? Ordering from norwegian retailers usually means you get the game before release date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back