How well is psp doing?

You boys... It's a girl licking a PSP for god's sake, how can that turn you on?! And i don't mean it in gay terms.. i mean if i saw Brad Pitt licking a PSP, it wouldn't turn me on!! :LOL:

london-boy said:
You boys... It's a girl licking a PSP for god's sake, how can that turn you on?! And i don't mean it in gay terms.. i mean if i saw Brad Pitt licking a PSP, it wouldn't turn me on!! :LOL:
You're just jealous ;-)

Phil said:
*this topic is now useless without video footage*!!! :oops: :LOL: :oops:

I watched it back when they actually had videogame related stuff on the channel. All I see now is The Man Show.:cry:

I haven't seen it on the internets.

Ha

Lazy8s said:
People don't want to carry around toys with them, and they'll already have a more powerful portable in their phone.

LOL .... PSP rules as far a being the ultimate portable it just doesn't have alot of games thats all.... I personally own just 5 PSP games...GTA ,Smackdown,Streets, RR,Namco Museum..
I'm waitng for games like Kindom Hearts ,DMC , and a really good Streetfighter vs Marvel to come out and play with me.

Cellphone processing performance is already very advanced in DoCoMo and near-future Nokia phones.

FSAA, 32-bit internal color, floating point depth sorting

Last edited by a moderator:
Lazy8s said:
Cellphone graphics are already very advanced in DoCoMo and near-future Nokia phones.

concept_gaming_open.jpg

:LOL: I just find this.. hum... funny. I can't get my phones to work correctly after a year of continued sms usage (the buttons stop working correctly) as does the rest of the phone wear out rather quick.

Lazy8s said:
Cellphone graphics are already very advanced in DoCoMo and near-future Nokia phones.

concept_gaming_open.jpg

Link broken. Anyhow a portable is more than just graphics (witness DS & GB series).

As discussed before, you don't find any cell phones that function ergonomically anywhere near the level of true portables game consoles. Nor does any cell phone really have the means to deliver games other than quite simple ones. And naturally once that ability does make it out, you're going to need to store it somewhere unless you feel like DLing everytime (and that would make PSP load times seem like nothing).

I wonder if the data could be stored on flash memory but be encrypted to the phone, otherwise rampant piracy will occur.

Ty said:
As discussed before, you don't find any cell phones that function ergonomically anywhere near the level of true portables game consoles. Nor does any cell phone really have the means to deliver games other than quite simple ones. And naturally once that ability does make it out, you're going to need to store it somewhere unless you feel like DLing everytime (and that would make PSP load times seem like nothing).

I wonder if the data could be stored on flash memory but be encrypted to the phone, otherwise rampant piracy will occur.
the ngage qd is pretty comfortable to hold, has graphics that were top of the line (for a portable) for it's time, and solved the storage issue with relative ease by using flash memory.

it's failures are in it's lineage more than anything else. noone believed nokia could produce a solid gaming handset, and the taco ngage is a pretty good example of getting alot wrong. some mistakes are never forgotten.

A cellphone will never be able to give a better overall games than the PSP. The foundation just isn't there. Sony themselves would be making or producing better games themselves than what any cellphone maker will have.

mckmas8808 said:
A cellphone will never be able to give a better overall games than the PSP. The foundation just isn't there. Sony themselves would be making or producing better games themselves than what any cellphone maker will have.

Have you tried Pathway to Glory?

see colon said:
the ngage qd is pretty comfortable to hold, has graphics that were top of the line (for a portable) for it's time, and solved the storage issue with relative ease by using flash memory.

it's failures are in it's lineage more than anything else. noone believed nokia could produce a solid gaming handset, and the taco ngage is a pretty good example of getting alot wrong. some mistakes are never forgotten.

The NGage is dead though so you won't find any current cell phones that deliver what I challenged above. (Ok, so maybe I'm changing the goal posts a bit but the NGage is so irrelevant to the marketplace...)

Yes, it was better than any other cell phone wrt what I mentioned above but it's gone and won't be replaced anytime soon I'm guessing.

Were the flash cards encrypted somehow? Or could they easily be copied? What was their copy protection scheme if any?

Lazy8s said:
Nokia themselves have provided a similar number of highly rated games for their system as Sony have produced for their own.

http://psp.ign.com/index/reviews.html

http://ngage.ign.com/index/reviews.html

Nokia made those games? Give the PSP some time (or at least the same amount of time the NGage had), it's been dying for games as has been mentioned by myself for sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first generation of N-Gage will continue to be supported into 2006.

Nokia aren't the sole developer of all of their published games, but they are producing a comparable level of their own support as was challenged.

Lazy8s said:
Cellphone processing performance is already very advanced in DoCoMo and near-future Nokia phones.

And tiny little screen! Even with greater perforamnce I'd choose a PSP over this phone to play games. Likewise, having now seen an Apple video iPod, I can't see any appeal in watching TV programmes or films on such a small screen. PSP to me seems the only device of the right size to be portable and yet cover these functions with adequate screen-size. No device can be smaller and manage the same. Well, Sony have said PSP+ is being redesigned smaller, but it needs that size screen which is what's limiting the smallness of the appliance. Pocket sized devices, unless they have extendable screens or built-in holographic projectors or something aren't going to be good for games and films without a 4" screen.

Back