How well is psp doing?

mckmas8808 said:
That's why you release the handheld to other territories. Sony doesn't have to win every single territory.
well it needs to there for software support. i hope it slows the ds in 2006 with its new lineup.

pixelbox said:
also is it doing well enough in us & japan to last comfortably?

Yes! In NA the PSP videogames software sales have ALREADY past the total number of DS software sales. And that's minus the UMD movie sales. In Japan things are different, but not to the point where it can't survive. Selling close to 100,000 a week isn't horrible.

Sony just has to tip their hat off to Nintendo. They are rocking in Japan. What Nintendo is doing in Japan with the DS is something that has never been done before. That doesn't mean that the PSP can't survive.

What happens after 2 more years if the DS is at 15 million sold and the PSP is at 8 million sold in Japan? Nothing devs will still make games for both systems.

DS is doing VERY well here in Spain. They have sold more than 260.000 nintendogs games and more than 300.000 consoles in less than a year. Knowing that xbox sold here ~400.000 units in FOUR years it's a very big win.

Link in Spanish, sorry -> http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/es/ES/news/article.do?elementId=ej4OKvCpnuqip4m02qJXXg9MZjXZmD1p

BTW, asking some friends that work in a big store (that have shops allover the country) they told me that the DS is selling 4 to 1 to the PSP.

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

mckmas8808 said:
Yes! In NA the PSP videogames software sales have ALREADY past the total number of DS software sales. And that's minus the UMD movie sales. In Japan things are different, but not to the point where it can't survive. Selling close to 100,000 a week isn't horrible.

Sony just has to tip their hat off to Nintendo. They are rocking in Japan. What Nintendo is doing in Japan with the DS is something that has never been done before. That doesn't mean that the PSP can't survive.

What happens after 2 more years if the DS is at 15 million sold and the PSP is at 8 million sold in Japan? Nothing devs will still make games for both systems.
is it possible psp could gain an increase in hardware sells in japan in 06 with ds selling that well? Can it catch up? What could sony do to make psp apeal to japan more? Is this DS's moment of fame? Could things change in 06?

Apoc said:
DS is doing VERY well here in Spain. They have sold more than 260.000 nintendogs games and more than 300.000 consoles in less than a year. Knowing that xbox sold here ~400.000 units in FOUR years it's a very big win.

Link in Spanish, sorry -> http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/es/ES/news/article.do?elementId=ej4OKvCpnuqip4m02qJXXg9MZjXZmD1p

BTW, asking some friends that work in a big store (that have shops allover the country) they told me that the DS is selling 4 to 1 to the PSP.

Sorry for my english, it's not my first language.
This isn't about how well ds is selling. This thread is about losing money on a "gamegear".

pixelbox said:
is it possible psp could gain an increase in hardware sells in japan in 06 with ds selling that well? Can it catch up? What could sony do to make psp apeal to japan more? Is this DS's moment of fame? Could things change in 06?
also will the sell spikes of ds have an impact on the consoles(revolution, ps3)?

pixelbox said:
This isn't about how well ds is selling. This thread is about losing money on a "gamegear".

I know. I was just noting that psp is not doing well in Spain also. Had to give some figures of the ds to put them in perspective.

Apoc said:
I know. I was just noting that psp is not doing well in Spain also. Had to give some figures of the ds to put them in perspective.
i know. and it has nothing to do with the thread. whats psps numbers in spain that makes it so bad?

pixelbox said:
i know. and it has nothing to do with the thread. whats psps numbers in spain that makes it so bad?

First, relax a bit, I was only posting the info I know. From what i posted you can extrapolate. No need for that mood here.

Apoc said:

Well to put it in more perspective this is the French top 20 Dec 3-10.

Code:
[I]1. Need For Speed Most Wanted (EA, PS2)
2. Pro Evolution Soccer 5 (Konami, PS2)
[B]3. Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories (Take 2, [COLOR=black]PSP[/COLOR])[/B]
4. Pokémon Emeraude (Nintendo, GBA)
[B]5. Mario Kart DS (Nintendo, NDS)[/B]
6. Harry Potter et la Coupe de feu (EA, PS2)
7. Dragon Ball Z : Budokai Tenkaichi (Atari, PS2)
8. Mario Smash Football (Nintendo, GC)
9. Call of Duty 2 : The Big Red One (Activision, PS2)
10. Star Wars : Battlefront 2 (Activision, PS2)
11.FIFA 06 (Electronic Arts) PS2
12.LES SIMS 2 (Electronic Arts) PS2
13.ASTERIX ET OBELIX XXL 2 (Atari) PS2
14.PRINCE OF PERSIA: LES DEUX ROYAUMES (Ubisoft) PS2
15.TRUE CRIME: NEW YORK CITY (Activision) PS2
[B]16.PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 5 (Konami) [COLOR=black]PSP[/COLOR][/B]
17.HARRY POTTER ET LA COUPE DE FEU (Electronic Arts) GBA
18.BUZZ !! THE MUSIC QUIZ (Sony) PS2
19.KING KONG (Ubisoft) PS2
[B]20.NEED FOR SPEED : MOST WANTED (Electronic Arts)[COLOR=black] [/COLOR][COLOR=black]PSP[/COLOR][/B][/I]
[I]
[/I]

And this is the handheld software sales from the US NPD from November top 30.

PSP GTA: LIBERTY CITY STORIES
NDS MARIO KART
PSP STAR WARS: BATTLEFRONT II
PSP SOCOM: FIRETEAM BRAVO
PSP MADDEN NFL 06
NDS NINTENDOGS: DACHSHUND & FRIENDS
NDS NINTENDOGS: LABRADOR & FRIENDS
PSP NEED SPEED: MOST WANTED
NDS NINTENDOGS: CHIHUAHUA & FRIENDS
PSP NBA LIVE 06
PSP X-MEN LEGENDS II: ROA
PSP BURNOUT LEGENDS
NDS THE SIMS 2
NDS SUPER MARIO 64 DS
NDS HARRY POTTER: GOBLET OF FIRE
NDS ZOO TYCOON
NDS CASTLEVANIA : DAWN OF SORROW
PSP MIDNIGHT CLUB 3: DUB EDITION
PSP NAMCO MUSEUM BATTLE COLLECTION
PSP SSX ON TOUR
PSP MARVEL NEMESIS:RISE IMPERFCT
PSP HARRY POTTER: GOBLET OF FIRE
NDS SONIC RUSH
PSP WORLD SERIES OF POKER
PSP TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 06
NDS METROID PRIME PINBALL
PSP NBA 06
PSP T.HAWK UNDGRND2 REMIX
PSP LORD OF THE RINGS: TACTICS
PSP NEED SPEED:UND RIVALS

I think the PSP is doing quite well worldwide.

Apoc said:
I think it too. But here at Spain, from what I heared it's not. I'm looking for official data to post it.

Cool because when I tried to look for offical data I came up short. It's hard trying to find Spain's videogame data.

Apoc said:
First, relax a bit, I was only posting the info I know. From what i posted you can extrapolate. No need for that mood here.
first off there is no mood. second, you did not respect the thread by posting ds sells. this is about psp, not ds. i know what youre doing so QT.

pixelbox said:
first off there is no mood. second, you did not respect the thread by posting ds sells. this is about psp, not ds. i know what youre doing so QT.

I'm not doing anything. If i say "psp sold 200.000 units" you can't know if it's good or not if I don't give the sales figure for its competitor. This is not a big country, so you have to know all the data to know how to interpret it.

Apoc said:
I'm not doing anything. If i say "psp sold 200.000 units" you can't know if it's good or not if I don't give the sales figure for its competitor. This is not a big country, so you have to know all the data to know how to interpret it.
sorry, i get sick of DS trollers

Back