GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

This looks like a marked visual upgrade for anybody who has not already played GTA V to death. The story mode of GTA V was something I often returned to at least once a month for years and years just because it's such a fun environment to enter and create some chaos in.

That said, thinking about, I don't think I've played GTA V for over a year. Much will depend on the price but I reckon I won't even think about picking this up when the price hits around £15.

7248c8a095c3af9a0b646d2e7ac1661f7e49cbb5.jpg

This looks like a marked visual upgrade for anybody who has not already played GTA V to death. The story mode of GTA V was something I often returned to at least once a month for years and years just because it's such a fun environment to enter and create some chaos in.

That said, thinking about, I don't think I've played GTA V for over a year. Much will depend on the price but I reckon I won't even think about picking this up when the price hits around £15.
You're in my brainhole again, how!?!

I saw this thread and thought, "Yup, gonna have to fire up GTA V for another run through since it seems like it's been a while and those tasty visuals are the same ones I can game with"! :LOL:

You're in my brainhole again, how!?!
You're not real. You exist in a simulation of which I am the sysadmin. I just ctrl-c, ctrl-v your thoughts into this simulated forum to drive you insane. Now will you take the blue pill, or the red pill?

You're not real. You exist in a simulation of which I am the sysadmin. I just ctrl-c, ctrl-v your thoughts into this simulated forum to drive you insane. Now will you take the blue pill, or the red pill?

/me jumps in bed and pulls the covers over his head in deep denial!

RT performance mode is a big plus. I hope there will be DRS too. I finally might buy the game just to see what the fuss is all about! :LOL:

That's not proper RT though. I'm awaiting to see what the reflections are gonna look like on the re-re-remaster

Indeed. Wouldnt expect the consoles RT to be that transformative. Also, theres many RT mods out for GTAV. i'd consider a modded/maxed GTAV on pc to be quite competitive to any console version later on. And its... free. I bought GTAV when PS3's where still around, still using it today to play with what Rockstart wants money for on consoles. I think Rockstar should have just patched the PS5/XSX versions to enable max settings and some ray tracing effects here and there.

Downloading the free ps5 gta online now. Won't pay even 10d more for slight enhancements and no added content.
This is an interesting take and I'm sure individuals will be divided on it. Because I am tremendously old I know I have bought movies on VHS tape, then paid for "slight enhancements" on DVD and more enhancements on Blu-ray and a few more enhancements on UHD/BR4K. Much of the value is convenience like removing the the 'hell' of having to rewind VHS tapes, which disappeared with discs. Anybody also tremendously old may recall the relative 'hell' of having to rewind tapes to re-watch them, and possible even being fined for not rewinding tapes before returning them to the video store.

That aside, I will pay £8.75 for GTA V on PS5 on the basis I've only played the story campaign twice and I have forgotten most of it. The PS5 version of Cyberpunk 2077 as re-wetted my appetite of replaying a good action/shooter based on a convincing open world city and to my mind, there is none finer than GTA V. YMMV.

Back