Grand Theft Auto Trilogy: Definitive Edition [PS, XB, NX, PC]

I'll try SA on XsS tomorrrow but I'll wait for the quest 2 version to complete it !
Watching videos of GTA Definitive Edition look wrong, then you realise what's missing: the music. The music utterly makes GTA. :yes:

I hope the controls are decent, I really want to play Vice City and San Andreas against the backdrop of their soundtracks again. :runaway:

lmao, Rockstar quality ? eh, whats going on with this company (btw there is also quality 30fps (!) mode and lower resolution 60fps o_O)

Last edited:
lmao, Rockstar quality ? eh, whats going on with this company
Thats just a shoddy product, the sad thing is this will sell at least 10x (perhaps even 100x) something like The Gunk or Kena bridge of Spirits

it has not been developped by Rockstar if i understood correctly ?
Even if its true, rockstar will still have their name attached to it in ppls minds, must damage the brand a bit.
Like I listened to the entirety of Lou Reeds 'metal machine music' last week (3rd time I think in my life) I love the guy to death, but releasing that onto fans & some poor saps spent money on it. The sad thing is he prolly sold more albums than some great albums by unknown artists. eg ATM Im listening to some of momus's music, musically theres not much to differ from say pet shop boys, yet he wouldnt of even sold 1/1000 of what they sold

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
yeah very choppy (and ugly) here on XsS
don't try this right after a FH5 session !

checked it on xsx, performance seems not so bad but game is ugly as hell ;d also some dolby vision problem, on my cx game is very dark, so have to disable dolby vision and auto hdr specialy for this game but probably won't bother as can't see playing this in 2021 ;d

Last edited:
I heard that the songs they "removed" from the game are still there, just scripted so they won't play. Would that raise any weird legal issues?

I'm trying to find confirmation, more soon!

yeah very choppy (and ugly) here on XsS
don't try this right after a FH5 session !

That looks quite good for what it is, it's too bad that performance appears to be not so good.

Man, I'd love it if Overlord and Overlord II received an updated treatment like this. Except with better and more consistent performance. :p

Regards,
SB

looks like all cars headlights are casting shadows, must tank hard performance.
no it shouldnt do, its 2 shadowmaps vs perhaps 6 for a single pointlight, and the beams are gonna be quite focused (though prolly a long distance) and geometry is very low

I have played an hour of San Andreas, thanks to Gamepass. I wouldn't have bothered otherwise. I realised I remembered almost nothing about that story, but that's pretty much true for all the GTA games.

It think it's quite a nice brush of paint to a late PS2 title. Any further towards modern graphics and they'd be too much of a disconnect with the 17 yr old gameplay, which had it's fair share of ropey elements even back then.

I do remember how amazing going to the barbers for a haircut felt though!

Last edited:
It think it's quite a nice brush of paint to a late PS2 title. Any further towards modern graphics and they'd be too much of a disconnect with the 17 yr old gameplay, which had it's fair share of ropey elements even back then.
I didn't feel any disconnection when played proper remakes like Demon Souls or Mafia ;)

Back