GTA V announced [2011] , [2021-11-11]

I think it's embarrassing of RockStar that they did not overhaul the graphics of GTA V. They take a lot of money and it still looks like it did in 2013/2014 and even then there was a lot of potential for improvement. In games such as World of Warships, World of Tanks etc. the visuals are upgraded. If World of Warships looked like in 2013 I wouldn't have started playing it either.

Wait, has it been shown already?

Wait, has it been shown already?

No not all of course.

Do wonder how far they'll go with it. Texture re-work? Volumetric clouds? Switch from ambient occlusion probes to RDR2's SH probes? Whatever, it's Rockstar, I'm sure it'll look quite good. If there's one thing I'd never accuse Rockstar of, it's not putting their money where their mouth is. They've no problem shelling out more than any other studio in existence for production value.

No not all of course.

Do wonder how far they'll go with it. Texture re-work? Volumetric clouds? Switch from ambient occlusion probes to RDR2's SH probes? Whatever, it's Rockstar, I'm sure it'll look quite good. If there's one thing I'd never accuse Rockstar of, it's not putting their money where their mouth is. They've no problem shelling out more than any other studio in existence for production value.
For creating the initial product, definitely. Once it's out though the only directive from Take Two is to milk the shit out of Online play and re-releases to feed executives and investors wallets.

Did you see the comparison trailer for the PS5 Enhanced Edition vs the PC version? After 8 years they got the graphics quality on console a bit closer to the PC, and they added a lot of smoke to the explosions and broken glass effects. :|

GTA is one of the few series I buy on release day, always have. :p

Still haven't played the online mode, my son does though and thinks I'm wise for avoiding it. LOL
The point is you already have it. There are likely many here who have a last-gen and last-last-gen version. Or a console and PC version already.

The point is you already have it. There are likely many here who have a last-gen and last-last-gen version. Or a console and PC version already.
If someone still plays GTA V a lot, many will want the best version for their hardware can play. If that hardware is a current gen console, 60fps on it's own will be a big leap.

You may as well say don't buy a new graphics card, you're just playing better version of games that your current GPU plays.

These graphical "enhancements" are an insult to consumers.
If spiderman, one of the best looking open world games on ps4, could be brought to ps5 with RT at 60fps, there is no reason GTAV couldn't. That alone would be a game changer graphically. It'd allow working rear-view mirrors on all cars, for example.
I was expecting at least some of RDR2 rendering features to be brought over. Such as MB and TAA, their excellent SS Specular Occlusion, volumetric clouds and fog... But it seems we got nothing.

Very lazy for a re-re-re-release of a game that made billions.

I've never played GTAV (I have played GTA3 vice city)
One question: When they release the game from ps3 -> ps4 -> (and in the future) ps5
Is it exactly the same game WRT story etc?
i.e. you're just upgrading the graphics
If so then why do ppl keep on buying it? Sure the demons soul remake or FF7 remake are the same story (not sure about this) but do look a lot visually different, but looking at GTAV it seems visually they look very similar

I've never played GTAV (I have played GTA3 vice city)
One question: When they release the game from ps3 -> ps4 -> (and in the future) ps5
Is it exactly the same game WRT story etc?
i.e. you're just upgrading the graphics
If so then why do ppl keep on buying it? Sure the demons soul remake or FF7 remake are the same story (not sure about this) but do look a lot visually different, but looking at GTAV it seems visually they look very similar

Let's add to it that the GTAV ps4/xbone re-release was not lazy at all. It did see considerable polishing compared to the PS360 version, which is understandable considering that game was pushing those machines to their very limits.

The most obvious example one can point to was the addition of 1st person camera support, which necessitaded the adition of a lot of extra animations, tweaks to gameplay code and creation of proper cockpit models with working spedometers and what not for all driceable vehicles.

If that and the other graphical upgrades were enough to justify a repurchase of the game, it was a choice that was still up to each consumer to make, just as it still is this time. But one can a least say that they made an effort then. This time, not so much. Specially in the gen of free next-gen patches. Expactations are different.

Let's add to it that the GTAV ps4/xbone re-release was not lazy at all. It did see considerable polishing compared to the PS360 version, which is understandable considering that game was pushing those machines to their very limits.

The most obvious example one can point to was the addition of 1st person camera support, which necessitaded the adition of a lot of extra animations, tweaks to gameplay code and creation of proper cockpit models with working spedometers and what not for all driceable vehicles.

If that and the other graphical upgrades were enough to justify a repurchase of the game, it was a choice that was still up to each consumer to make, just as it still is this time. But one can a least say that they made an effort then. This time, not so much. Specially in the gen of free next-gen patches. Expactations are different.
Oh sure if ppl want to rebuy the game fair play to them, and yes first person sounds like a big addition.

I was just wondering if they changed the story as surely it would be getting a bit old.
i.e. I first gotta rescue this girl and then go and blow up this building and then hijack a jet cause thats what I had to do on the PS3 and also the PS4 thus I know what I have to do on the PS5

like when the brought out GT3 upgrades, GTA3 vice city, GTA3 san andreas whilst including graphical improvements to the engine they also changed the location and story. I dont think GTAV changes location but does it at least change the story? looking on the wiki article it seems as if theres one plot so I assume they dont

Oh sure if ppl want to rebuy the game fair play to them, and yes first person sounds like a big addition.

I was just wondering if they changed the story as surely it would be getting a bit old.
i.e. I first gotta rescue this girl and then go and blow up this building and then hijack a jet cause thats what I had to do on the PS3 and also the PS4 thus I know what I have to do on the PS5

like when the brought out GT3 upgrades, GTA3 vice city, GTA3 san andreas whilst including graphical improvements to the engine they also changed the location and story. I dont think GTAV changes location but does it at least change the story? looking on the wiki article it seems as if theres one plot so I assume they dont

I wouldn't care if Rockstar did a straight port with no graphical upgrades or story changes and charged $100 for buyers who never owned the game. What I do care about is that they care nothing for current owners who have made them billions. Why attempt to milk current owners for just graphical upgrades that aren't all that compelling?

And yes the XB1/PS4 upgrade was a bigger upgrade, it also happened during a time where offering it as free upgrade was not as feasible given everything was mostly disc-based. Now we have DD and BC and they still want to charge current owners full retail for a simple graphics upgrade? Maintaining GTA Online revenue should be encouraging enough for a free upgrade and the level of revenue generated GTA Online would make the expense of a free upgrade inconsequential.

Take-Two in my opinion is driven too much in rewarding its shareholders versus rewarding its userbase.

Last edited:
https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...ng-march-15-for-playstation-5-and-xbox-series

Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online arrive for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S on March 15 — delivering the action-packed, blockbuster Story Mode adventure and the dynamic, ever-evolving world of GTA Online to the latest generation consoles with a host of improvements for new and returning players.

These new versions of GTAV and GTA Online introduce high-end PC visuals to the console experience with new graphics modes featuring up to 4K resolution, a frame rate of up to 60 frames per second, improved texture quality, HDR options, and ray tracing — as well as utilizing the technical advancements of the latest console hardware for faster loading times, immersive 3D audio, support for platform-specific features, and more.

It seems better than GTA trilogy

Experience the interwoven stories of Franklin, Michael, and Trevor across the sun-soaked metropolis of Los Santos and the backwoods countryside of Blaine County in greater detail than ever before with stunning all new levels of visual detail.

Choose from one of three detailed new graphics settings to tailor your gameplay experience for what matters most to you. Fidelity Mode is tuned for the highest visual quality and targets 30 FPS. In this mode the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X support native 4K resolution with ray tracing enabled while the Xbox Series S supports upscaled 4K resolution. Performance Mode is tuned for the most responsive gameplay experience and targets 60 FPS. In this mode the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X support upscaled 4K resolution while the Xbox Series S supports a resolution of 1080p. In addition, the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X have Performance RT mode, a hybrid of the Fidelity and Performance modes supporting upscaled 4K resolution with ray tracing enabled and targeting 60 FPS.

These new versions also offer across-the-board improvements including faster loading times, increased population and traffic variety, increased vegetation density, improved lighting quality across shadows, water reflections, and other elements. Plus improved anti-aliasing, motion-blur, highly detailed new explosions, fire, and much more.

There's also new levels of responsiveness with Haptic Feedback and dynamic resistance via the Adaptive Triggers on PlayStation 5's DualSense wireless controller, adding new sensations to weather effects, directional damage, rough road surfaces, explosions and much more. Platform-specific features also include immersive audio using Tempest 3D positional audio on PlayStation 5 and Spatial Sound on Xbox Series X|S.

c1964d6dfe37619793cf9eb073deff3d0719fe00.jpg

8bcf578a9fc3e7474176cfc81d9692dea68dd550.jpg

Back