PC Game Pass, now includes EA Play! [PCGP, XGP:PC]

gotta love Gamepass. Today I discovered two very good local co-op games to play with my nephews. Human Fall Flat and Overcooked 2.

btw, the add in the previous post seems like a change at MS. I mean, I had never seen PC Gamepass being publicized in any way or form, except in Windows -as part of the system-.

Isonzo and The Callisto Protocol are now available.

Isonzo (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Ferocious Alpine warfare will test your tactical skills in this authentic WWI first-person shooter. Fight high-altitude battles among the scenic peaks, rugged valleys and idyllic towns of Northern Italy. The Great War on the Italian Front is brought to life and elevated to unexpected heights!

The Callisto Protocol (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 13
Survive to escape the horrors of Callisto. Use a unique blend of shooting and brutal close-quarters melee combat to fight your way through the maximum-security Black Iron Prison. Battle evolving inhuman creatures, scavenge for new weapons and uncover the conspiracy lurking on Jupiter’s Dead Moon.

Still Wakes the Deep is out today. It seems a very interesting game tbh, I am going to play it these days if it keeps me interested, I downloaded it.

I had to turn the film grain off. It was too much for me. Atmosphere be damned!

It's annoyingly another title on PC Gamepass that doesn't support DLSS. It does on Epic/Steam. The Chinese Room commented that there's not a lot they can do about it. They don't have the resources for a custom code path on WinGDK.

Seems a few of the typically less reasonable Internet folks are losing their shit about it. Pretty unfair on the developer.

Weird, I thought Microsoft no longer required anything special for PC Gamepass / Windows store games to be published. Even some of the first party releases like Quake 2 classic are just the old win32 code. Why wouldn't they just use the same version that's on Steam/Epic?

I had to turn the film grain off. It was too much for me. Atmosphere be damned!

It's annoyingly another title on PC Gamepass that doesn't support DLSS. It does on Epic/Steam. The Chinese Room commented that there's not a lot they can do about it. They don't have the resources for a custom code path on WinGDK.

Seems a few of the typically less reasonable Internet folks are losing their shit about it. Pretty unfair on the developer.
that explains why they mention DLSS and XeSS in the options but it's not available. The game is amazing, it has me totally hooked. I am playing in Story mode. The game is greatly inspired by Alien Isolation in some ways. An excellent game, and quite different of what we are used to.

Since it doesn't have XeSS and it's a graphically demanding game, I used Lossless Scaling and got a really nice 120fps -from base 40fps-.

Welcome back to the regular “help me pick out what to play next” list (or maybe that’s just me) with Game Pass! We have more games waiting for you to boot up and play on PC, console, and cloud. Let’s jump in!

In Case You Missed It

But first, quick shout out to those who tuned in this last week for the Xbox Games Showcase, where we showed off 18 games that will be coming Day One to Game Pass! Check the recap of the whole show here, and we’ll keep you updated on the Wire for when you can start to play some of these games soon.

5-818f9b381d6778eb97b5.jpg

Available Today

Still Wakes the Deep (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S)
Available on day one with Game Pass!
From the award-winning developers at The Chinese Room comes a terrifying tale of isolation. You are trapped on an oil rig in the North Sea, running from an unknowable horror that has come aboard. With no escape and no way to fight back, all you can do is survive. Learn more about Still Wakes the Deep in Xbox Wire’s hands-on preview.

Coming Soon

My Time at Sandrock (Cloud, Console, and PC) – June 19
Just like My Time at Portia, My Time at Sandrock takes place in a wholesome post-apocalyptic world 300 years after the Day of Calamity destroyed most modern technologies. Gather resources to build machines, befriend locals, and defend Sandrock from monsters — all while saving the town from economic ruin!

3-64e92cadc26782f9aff0.jpg

Keplerth (PC) – June 20
Try to survive on a hostile alien planet in this 2D sandbox RPG, where you can choose to live alone or fight side-by-side with your friends in the online multiplayer mode. Survive, build, farm, fight, and explore your way to victory in this open-world adventure!

EA Sports FC 24 (Cloud, Console, and PC) EA Play – June 25
Welcome to the Club – EA Sports FC 24 is coming to PC Game Pass and Ultimate via EA Play on June 25, just in time for UEFA EURO 2024. Lead your nation against the best and challenge for international glory as champions from across The World’s Game go head-to-head to become Champions of Europe.

2-bb25df575693b6722c48.jpg

SteamWorld Dig (Cloud and Console) – June 26
A platform mining adventure with strong Metroidvanian influences. Take the role of Rusty, a lone mining steambot, as he arrives at an old mining town in great need. Dig your way through the old earth, gaining riches while uncovering the ancient threat that lurks below…

SteamWorld Dig 2 (Console and PC) – June 26
SteamWorld Dig 2 is making a return to the Game Pass library, taking you on a platform mining adventure forged in Metroidvania flames. When an old trading town is struck by mysterious earthquakes, it’s up to a lone steambot and her unlikely companion to uncover what trembling terrors lie beneath.

Robin Hood – Sherwood Builders (Cloud, PC, and Xbox Series X|S) – June 27
Join Robin Hood and his unwavering band of outlaws in 12th-century England on their mission for a free Nottingham, as you travel across various regions and build up a secret hideout village and help the denizens of the surrounding lands. Complete quests, construct various builds, craft a broad range of items, and freely explore locations inspired by both myth and history in this open-world RPG with base-building features.

4-ba3ab4dcec97dd38881a.jpg

DLC / Game Updates

Minecraft: Tricky Trials Update – Available now
Venture into the Tricky Trials Update! Team up or go solo and discover new decorative blocks, hostile mobs, items, weapons, paintings, and the trial chambers – a sprawling structure stuffed with traps and treasures for every player!

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Perks

Smite: Summer Sizzle Pack – Available now
Ignite your fights with the Summer Sizzle Pack in the free-to-play action MOBA game, Smite! Unlock the gods Danzaburou, The Morrigan, and Fenrir as well as their voice packs and emotes. Plus, unlock a 3-Day Account Booster!

Monster Hunter Now: New Season Bundle – Available now
Hunt monsters in the real world on your mobile device! Celebrate Monster Hunter Now’s Season 2 with a bundle that includes new monster materials and other awesome bonuses! Claim one Ultra Hunting Ticket, a Paintball, a Potion, a Wander Orb, and a material for crafting Basarios (new monster with the next update!) weapons and armor. This Perk content requires Monster Hunter Now mobile game to use (available free-to-play).

Leaving Soon

The following games are leaving the Game Pass library soon, be sure to check the dates below and don’t forget to use your 20% membership discount on games you would like to keep!

Leaving June 30

• FIFA 22 (Console and PC)
  • F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Stranded Deep (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town (Cloud, Console, and PC)
  • Sword and Fairy Together Forever (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Leaving July 5

• Cricket 22 (Cloud, Console, and PC)
Stay tuned to @XboxGamePassPC and @XboxGamePass, and @Xbox for updates and when you can start scratching games off your backlog. Cheers!

Back