Gran Turismo Sport [PS4]

Well there’s not much to do but my god whatever is there looks incredible. Probably goes straight to the top of the list of best HDR showcases in games. Wow.

Well there’s not much to do but my god whatever is there looks incredible. Probably goes straight to the top of the list of best HDR showcases in games. Wow.
I hear you! Well PD did master the HDR at 10,000 nits ;) so it would be perfect for our Z to flex its muscle. Also what value of HDR peak brightness do you intend to set it on? I chose 6 which pretty much leaves only a few of the checkerboards barely visible.

I hear you! Well PD did master the HDR at 10,000 nits [emoji6] so it would be perfect for our Z to flex its muscle. Also what value of HDR peak brightness do you intend to set it on? I chose 6 which pretty much leaves only a few of the checkerboards barely visible.

It’s weird cause when you start the game it asks you to calibrate the brightness and my value was 27. Then if you access the option menu you can choose HDR peak brightness which has a maximum value of 10 and had no checkerboard pattern? So I choose 10... no idea!

Gameplay direct feed screenshot

19hu6x.png

tNMOCl.png

TeU2Ei.png

g5Pv1J.png

It really does look nice. Bit bland but it's really realistic blandness, thanks in part to the HDR which is really quite lovely. Don't see myself buying the full game.

It’s weird cause when you start the game it asks you to calibrate the brightness and my value was 27. Then if you access the option menu you can choose HDR peak brightness which has a maximum value of 10 and had no checkerboard pattern? So I choose 10... no idea!
I found leaving it at 10 clips the white a bit, 7 seems to be the absolute limit for me.
The demo looks astounding in parts mainly due to the HDR, colors and material shading. The gameplay itself is quite boring per car sim, DC is much more suited for me :).

Also does anyone know why under the Display Settings, it shows 2k output mode for PS4 Pro and a greyed out prioritize frame rate? The whole section is non selectible for some reason. While in the initial set up it does say 4k mode is on. Or does it mean I'm already in 4k mode? My TV is 4k of course.

I found leaving it at 10 clips the white a bit, 7 seems to be the absolute limit for me.
The demo looks astounding in parts mainly due to the HDR, colors and material shading. The gameplay itself is quite boring per car sim, DC is much more suited for me :).
You're right. 7 it is, and I think 6 is probably more accurate.

After a few hours, and having played DC a whole lot, this one really is a mostly bland looking game which is basically saved by HDR. There's no getting away from that fact.

SDR ... and WoW, the game can look pretty bland if you’re prioritizing frame rate ...

Getting dinner ready and then will switch back to 4k downsampling mode to see the difference and also try the VR mode.

Driving with motion controls is in and seems to work quite well. But really want my wheel back now.

SDR ... and WoW, the game can look pretty bland if you’re prioritizing frame rate ...

Getting dinner ready and then will switch back to 4k downsampling mode to see the difference and also try the VR mode.

If your SDR TV have properly setup brightness/contrast you shouldn't move sliders in GTS and leave it at 0's.

If your SDR TV have properly setup brightness/contrast you shouldn't move sliders in GTS and leave it at 0's.
This.

It's always better to adjust the TV instead of the source. Once I calibrated my display all of these in-game patterns were perfect every time.

SDR,1080P,PS4 Pro,quality mode over framerate here(Framerate appears to be fine in races) and I have moved that brightness slider just a bit to make it brighter and what Can I say? Even durin a seemingly boring time of day like midday it just blew me away and of course youtube videos to seeing the actual thing makes a scary difference. Best looking 60fps game I've played. Lighting and shadow quality is phenomenal during races. Can't even imagine what this looks like on a properly calibrated 4K/HDR Screen:LOL: The console stays super quiet during race but turns into a Jet Engine when you don't press any buttons and that menu slide show automatically goes into fullscreen mode. Other than that questionable decisions become apparent once you start it...The Gameplay and therefore handling feels great on a controller with all assists turned off and traction control set from default 3 to 0.

Last edited:
yeah, did some actual offline races to learn the tracks and just like DriveClub picking the right time of day really brings something to the graphics (that and the downsampling mode really does look better). The actual driving is really nice. Still driving with motion controls. Interacting with the curbs has gotten a significant improvement. Did some races on Expert - I actually like that I can just pick whatever to progress. The Licence Tests and Missions are still here to collect some gold and I saw a Porsche 911 RS :p

SDR,1080P,PS4 Pro,quality mode over framerate here(Framerate appears to be fine in races) and I have moved that brightness slider just a bit to make it brighter and what Can I say? Even durin a seemingly boring time of day like midday it just blew me away and of course youtube videos to seeing the actual thing makes a scary difference. Best looking 60fps game I've played. Lighting and shadow quality is phenomenal during races. Can't even imagine what this looks like on a properly calibrated 4K/HDR Screen:LOL: The console stays super quiet during race but turns into a Jet Engine when you don't press any buttons and that menu slide show automatically goes into fullscreen mode. Other than that questionable decisions become apparent once you start it...The Gameplay and therefore handling feels great on a controller with all assists turned off and traction control set from default 3 to 0.
talking of modes... PS4 Pro Quality seems to run better than regular PS4, framerate wise, save for a very brief instant where the PS4 is running the game at 60 fps while Pro Quality mode drops to 59 fps. But then there are tracks where the regular PS4 runs the game at 50 fps compared to a solid 60 fps on the PS4 Pro Quality mode.

PS4 Pro Frame mode runs replays at 60 fps for the most part -regular PS4 and PS4 Pro Quality mode run the replays at a locked 30 fps-, though it drops at times.

Back