Gran Turismo 6

It would have been overshadowed by the bombs of TLG, FF7, and Shenmue III anyway. Can't wait to see what GT7 looks like, as GT6 already looks pretty amazing for the hardware.

knifydcdah.gif

Shame it wasn't there, but considering how tight everyone's scheduling was, it would be a nice one for GamesCom, which I actually consider much more likely than TGS. We do know that both of them are holding back some stuff for that, because Europe is becoming an ever more important market, and it's definitely where GT does most of its business (or indeed most racing games). But just as likely they just weren't ready, so it's wait and see.

The SRT Tomahawk X is just completely insane at 965pp, it's like they wanted to beat the redbull 20xx. Completely dynamic spoilers all around the car, 620km/h top speed.

Someone did nurburgring nordshleife in 3:11. This is just crazy. I can't even finish a lap for the challenge, I gave up and bought the car.

It looks cool though.

What GT5/6 does definitely better than DC is replies. Nevertheless DC has much better environments, car/road part of the replies is more realistic in GT. I have never been into sims before GT5 but when I saw its reply trailers I started counting days till release. :love:

What GT5/6 does definitely better than DC is replies. Nevertheless DC has much better environments, car/road part of the replies is more realistic in GT. I have never been into sims before GT5 but when I saw its reply trailers I started counting days till release. :love:
GT's replays look so good because the PD team have done some pretty good research on camera placement based on live racing events and probably car ads too. The camera also mimics a camera as it is held by a human: The cars are not always centered on screen. The car gets off center and the camera tries to adjust it just like when a car is too fast for the cameraman to keep it on screen. That way the replays often look like they are actual racing events

Yep, they're really good at that. They were already pretty decent when they made the first and second GTs, and after 6 games they've pretty much perfected it. None of Evolutions games have had replays before however.

I only discovered that very recently, and indeed it's a lot like an old check-point based arcade game. And it's located very close to where my mother lives.

Back