Formula 1 - 2023 Season

Max monstered the race, matching Checo’s pace on ~18 lap older hards for ~22 laps after Checo pitted. Merc surprisingly moved forward. Ferrari didn’t really have it today, though Charles made a strong charge up the field late, so maybe Carlos struggled as much as Checo relative to their respective teammate and Charles may have given Alonso more of a fight (though Lewis passed Charles just as George passed Carlos, so what was my point?).

Memento mori Miami:
D0C2321D-3D61-45CC-86AF-8427E7AE30F2.jpeg96600B06-EF27-44F2-8EC6-C5508FD457F8.jpeg

Max monstered the race, matching Checo’s pace on ~18 lap older hards for ~22 laps after Checo pitted. Merc surprisingly moved forward. Ferrari didn’t really have it today, though Charles made a strong charge up the field late, so maybe Carlos struggled as much as Checo relative to their respective teammate and Charles may have given Alonso more of a fight (though Lewis passed Charles just as George passed Carlos, so what was my point?).

Memento mori Miami:
View attachment 8886View attachment 8887
Lol

even though my boi alonso is having a great run at it im depressed because perez cant beat verstappen
i was hoping for a 2016 rosberg mind-games and dastardly tactics but perez is too nice and too slow it seems
hope im wrong but i cant see verstappen losing this

also hope the race at imola will be better than these two last ones :/

even though my boi alonso is having a great run at it im depressed because perez cant beat verstappen
i was hoping for a 2016 rosberg mind-games and dastardly tactics but perez is too nice and too slow it seems
hope im wrong but i cant see verstappen losing this

also hope the race at imola will be better than these two last ones :/
Do you think the tire strategy played a role here? If they started both Perez and Max on the same Hard then mediums. Maybe he could have held first.

Do you think the tire strategy played a role here? If they started both Perez and Max on the same Hard then mediums. Maybe he could have held first.
doubt it but who knows. i think if verstappen was up there in top 4-5 he would have started on mediums and ran same strategy as the others and he still probably would have won

im glad they did the right thing. when i first heard of the flooding, i was like okay quali on sunday morning and then the race. they cant postpone the race, there is no room and they wont cancel it because they did spa 2021

but they did cancel, good job. now the safety crews can help people and not have thousands of people clogging roads etc

Well let's not kid ourselves thinking they did this out of the good of their heart. They cancelled it because they had no choice. Roads etc. are flooded and they just can't do any of your required prep work for the race.

Wouldn't be surprised if the local government told them to cancel given they already evacuated people from the track due to risk of flooding the day before.

Well let's not kid ourselves thinking they did this out of the good of their heart. They cancelled it because they had no choice. Roads etc. are flooded and they just can't do any of your required prep work for the race.

Wouldn't be surprised if the local government told them to cancel given they already evacuated people from the track due to risk of flooding the day before.
yeah but i expected them to hold out and try to hold a race just so they could deny refunds

bruce springsteen is having (had?) a sold-out concert in ferrara north of imola

yeah but i expected them to hold out and try to hold a race just so they could deny refunds
I assume they have insurance in place for cases like this. Belgium was different and more of a screw up on F1's side. They should have just gone racing instead of hoping to wait it out and eventually having to trow the 1 lap farce. They almost repeated the same last year in Japan until they just did what they should have done from the start and gone racing. I spend half the day soaked on the grandstand and I can tell you it wasn't raining any less when they resumed the race compared to when they started.

Mercedes are bringing an update car to Monaco, ditching their experimental no sidepods design for a look that’s more conventional. With Lewis Hamilton close to signing a contract extension, might a good performance in the Principality convince him that Mercedes is the place to stay?

Only caught Q3 but it was great. Slight improvements almost every minute. Watching Q1 now, and Checo crashed out early (distracted by a driver around pit exit into T1, he took the 90º right hander way too fast and drifted his gearbox into oblivion). Is that the first time in this era a Red Bull's been on a crane? Because everyone's getting a good look at RB's floor tonight.

There was an AWS graphic during the red flag that actually said "14cm - very close to the wall." If you think that's close, wait til you see what Lewis and Max get up to at the (third?) chicane in Q3: maybe 14mm.

There was an AWS graphic during the red flag that actually said "14cm - very close to the wall." If you think that's close, wait til you see what Lewis and Max get up to at the (third?) chicane in Q3: maybe 14mm.
IIRC the "official figure" (aka said by some top drivers) is that you actually hit the walls some 6 times on perfect lap

Back