Formula 1 - 2013 Season

Except that Mercedes got to use their racing drivers in the test and got all the track to themselves

The fact that Pirelli organized and constructed how and what to test, severely limits the ability when you are there passively and being told what to do. If we are to believe the arguments from the tribunal (which I am still doubting that you actively followed given your posts), it's clear that Pirelli was in control of how the test-day unfolded. It's not comparable to a YD test-day where teams have every control on what they put on the car (sans the drivers).

That Lewis and Nico were used as drivers is explained by the point, that Pirelli wanted a relevant car, with relevant drivers to their test-case.

What is also being ignored is that Massa was used in the Ferrari test-day that was held before the Spanish GP, although not with a 2013 car, but as argued by Mercedes, complies to most 2013 rules and had a very similar performance to the car of this year - so the question about "advantage" needs to be put into perspective - which might be one of the reasons, they only received a reprimand and the banning at the YDT (and of course the fact that the FiA made a mess of things as well).

Red Bull and Ferrari are threatening to do 'illegal tests' themselves and skip young drivers test as they can use the Mercedes case as "protection" against anything more than reprimand

edit: source is finnish news piece, some others around the net aren't sure if Ferrari would do it too

Red Bull and Ferrari are threatening to do 'illegal tests' themselves and skip young drivers test as they can use the Mercedes case as "protection" against anything more than reprimand
The FIA will come down on them like a ton of bricks, because the FIA ruled Mercedes had broken the rules but it was kinda in good faith, but if RBR and Ferrari do it, it'll be totally wilful.

Let's see, I hope Ferrari won't go through with it. RBR can do whatever they want, I don't care if they get heavily penalised. :D

Vettel is either licking his lips or shitting himself at the thought of having a decent team mate to race against.

Well now is the time for drivers like Di Resta to really step it up. Kimi is too old now imo, Bottas or Bianchi could do a decent job but are possibly too unproven still.

I'll be surprised if they don't keep it in-house again though, so Ricciardo must fancy his chances.

Mark is a straight speaking honest bloke
8 days earlier
Red Bull's Mark Webber has dismissed rumours he has agreed a move to sportscars from next year and hinted he wants to stay in Formula 1.
Webber has been linked with a move to race for Porsche at Le Mans.

But he told BBC Sport: "People are putting two and two together and getting a bit more than they should do.

I'm a bit sad about this. Always liked the guy and some of the few you can rely on that said exactly what they think. Hope he'll have a great career with Porsche.

Aussie Grit isn't slow, you guys are insane.

Probably not slow but the others are faster than him... Otherwise, he could have found a way to be multiple winner...

Whatever

Do you think there is any intrigue in who champions will be?
I don't see Ferrari good enough :cry:

Probably not slow but the others are faster than him... Otherwise, he could have found a way to be multiple winner...

Whatever

Do you think there is any intrigue in who champions will be?
I don't see Ferrari good enough :cry:
Webber has won 9 races. That makes him the 33rd in number of wins and of the current drivers only Alonso, Vettel, Hamilton, Räikkonen, Button and Massa have more wins and Massa is only ahead by 2.

Back