First Star Trek XI Trailer

I put a pic of the new Enterpice as by dekstop on this PC. I'm really growing to like it now. If the re-imagining of the film is as good as the ship, we are in for one hell of a treat :D

Doesn't look as though they have held back on the special effects budget. Hopefully similar attention has been paid to the plot and dialogue.

Woow that trailer does make it look really good...its just going to be weird because I never saw Shatner's Kirk to be that badass LOL

Anybody else going to see Trek this friday? I'm going with my brother and we are both pretty big Star Trek fans. I secured my tickets over a week ago, can't take risks with the most important things in life :)

Its not out in the UK yet but I'll be seeing it as soon as possible when it does come out. Might give it a couple of weeks though to let the crowds thin out.

I'm making a real effort to avoid reading reviews and watch as little as possible of the trailers of this film. I'll then go to watch it some time next week. I feel that one or two films I've seen in recent years have been 'spoilt' for me by knowing too much of the plot in advance!

Lol, at first I though that youtube was of a serious news broadcast from CNN or something. I was fuming! I guess given that its tongue in cheek though its mildly amusing.

Still, I am starting to fear that this is just Star Trek for dumb people. "Star Trek meets 90210"

Still, I am starting to fear that this is just Star Trek for dumb people. "Star Trek meets 90210"

Hopefully not quite that bad, but I do think it'll be an intersection of Trek and Star Wars. My one real complaint from the trailers is that the bridge looks like an Apple store.

Hopefully not quite that bad, but I do think it'll be an intersection of Trek and Star Wars. My one real complaint from the trailers is that the bridge looks like an Apple store.

Well, a Mac managed to destroy the aliens' intergalactic spaceship in "Independence Day" so I'm sure one would also be able to sort out some pesky Romulans. ;)

Just finished watching it.

Brilliant movie for non Star Trek fans...

For the rest of us...... OMG WTH HOW DARE THEY... Me cries. :oops::cry::cry:

Still in shock........... but I bet they make a killing on it therefore justifying the outright rape of Star Trek.

Need to... meditate... get.. emotions... in.. check.

Oh and to add, Chris Pine makes a brilliant Shatner I mean Kirk. And McCoy is awesome. Sylar makes a good Spock
except for the romance- why???
... and... well Ohura I am puzzled about.

Just come back from seeing it at IMAX.

Its... not a Trek film. But I don't say that with any sadness. Trek films to me are sloooooow and for the most part uninteresting. Most of the time they do have some good thought behind them, but much lacking in the action. Even the most action-y one recently, First Contact, felt a bit "pew pew".

This though is the characters we know, but from a different perspective. The growth of characters is there, the humour we get in of the best Trek episodes is there, the OTT and doesnt-quite-fit storyline we know from most Trek is there... but then there's *ACTION*. There are more than a few fist-y-cuff fights, a decent gun battle and many epic spaceship incidents.

I don't watch TV trailers, but Ive read around the net that "this isn't your fathers Star Trek". Many are taking this to mean that its a complete divergence, when infact its exactly the opposite. All the classic Trek "tones" are there, just hyped up, sped up, made bigger, made sexier, made wittier...

There are a couple of parts I don't like. There were a couple of overly tacky parts, a bit like Transformers, in there for the kids (one guy gets sucked through a twisty water pipe) but on the whole these are short, and easily forgivable.

If you know the characters, you'll get a kick out of "their first words". McCoy in particular steals the show with his catchphrases. If you don't know the characters, or even the series, but like Sci-fi, or just a good ACTION movie, you should be much more than pleased with the result.

Back