FFXIII screens, trailers, etc*

Oh yeah seen that too. Damn impressive! Looks so CGIish. Why one earth didnt we get any news or videos on it since last time it was shown?? When was the last time we saw it? E3 2006?

This is annoying!

Oh yeah seen that too. Damn impressive! Looks so CGIish. Why one earth didnt we get any news or videos on it since last time it was shown?? When was the last time we saw it? E3 2006?

This is annoying!

I know, its so hard to unravel what was supposedly real time and what wasn't, what was CGI, was that video real time, etc.. :cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xct7VrBOJuc&eurl=

That one, it is amazing. Do we have a translation of what he is saying per chance?, someone might of already posted one but I might have skipped over it.

That video is most likely real-time in some DCC app rather than in engine real-time..

But then again I could be wrong..

The quality of the video footage obscures too much of the details to make it easy to tell..

However the wireframe shots are definitely in the DCC editor (looks like the Maya GUI I think..)

That's what I was thinking. Without a translation saying this was in game engine, I'd expect it to be work on workstations, as we often see with developer footage.

umm wtf is this?

On some ways I can understand why they would choose to do that, but they are trying to sell games right? :???:

What better way to get your consumers hyped by not showing them anything. Im sure they'll be excited when it pops in stores 2 years later :rolleyes:

Perhaps through a cunning psychological manipulation, it actually generates more hype? If the game is good, the people that get to see it will report as much by gushing stupid amounts of hyperbole. Then the masses don't get to see the game and form their own opinion, but absorb (to lesser or greater extent) the spouted opinions of those telling them how it is.

I don't think a game like Final Fantasy still needs that much coverage overall. Everyone who wants the game knows it already most likely, either because they played one of the previous versions, or they heard about the incredible hype over everything Final Fantasy.

Nothing being showed about The Last Remnant though, or so it seems, that kind of disappoints me. I hoped they had some new material to show.

I'm really really really looking forward to this game though. I played them all since the PS1 era (except 10), and I loved them ever since. Still working through XII now though, so I still have some time left. ;)

Whatever mental state the SE team on the decision to hide this, nonetheless its one of the reasons im buying a PS3. I just got upset when I read that since it seemed silly :nope:

umm wtf is this?

On some ways I can understand why they would choose to do that, but they are trying to sell games right? :???:

What better way to get your consumers hyped by not showing them anything. Im sure they'll be excited when it pops in stores 2 years later :rolleyes:

Maybe they want to generate a larger crowd to their shows who will be influenced to purchase SE's other games?

Confirmed: New FFXIII & Versus XIII trailers featured at 'CLOUD'

Square Enix fans are going crazy over the soon-to-be-released book CLOUD, however, what people are mostly waiting for is the included DVD that comes as a bonus. A few weeks back there was an on-going rumor that claimed the DVD features all-new trailers of Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. Today that rumor has been confirmed by a Japanese shopping website.

The contens of the special DVD have been posted on the website, and what we've been waiting for is there:

1. FINAL FANTASY XIII (PS Premier用 Trailer)
2. FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII (PS Premier用 Trailer)

The book is scheduled for release in Japan on December 14 so we're going to get the new trailers soon.

Source

Im somewhat skeptical about this. For all they know, it could be the "old" trailers. After all, those trailers did "premiere" the game right? :LOL:

We'll know soon enough :smile:

Source

Im somewhat skeptical about this. For all they know, it could be the "old" trailers. After all, those trailers did "premiere" the game right? :LOL:

We'll know soon enough :smile:

I think they're referring to the trailers shown at the 2007 "Playstation Premiere" event, and not "premiere" trailers. So yes, they are old trailers. But ones not shown to the public, IIRC.

Back