EB Employee plays PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
That and games already in 1080p and at 60 fps on the PS3. Seems like lots of theory is being thrown out of the window now that the PS3 is about to come out.

Remember when people said ports of 360 games on the PS3 would be the same, because the PS3 and 360 were just alike? Seems like alot of the theory talk was wrong.:???:
Check your compass mckmas. I think is stearing a little of topic. ;)

Well I am back for more inpressions of the show. Here are a few bulluets of what went on from the Nitendo side. (Wii-S3-60 4 LIFE!!!!)

1) The best game I played by far on the Wii was .....(Not Super Mario Galaxy, Not Metroid Prime, and Not even the Legend of Zelda) It Was RAYMAN RAVING RABBITS. I was not alone in this impression as there were far longer lines to play this title than anything else Nintendo showed. The marketing that will be used with the title is pure genius and we were privied to a sneak peek at the ad campaign which is centered around the rabbits in the game. One commercial that we all found very amusing was of a Rabbit dressed as a french maid with a duster( the rabbit was rendered with in game assets but placed in a real world enviroment). The narrator then explains "rabbits don't dust" at which time the rabbit is shown again with a plunger from the game and screaming. The narrator then comments that "they can dance though" and then cuts to an in game scene of Rayman leading a bunch of rabbits dancing in a disco complete with crazy lights and dressed from the seventies. All though this may not sound great on paper the commericials had everyone including the top brass laughing out loud.

2) Another interesting note about the Wii games is that they looked phenominal on the HD Screens that Nintendo had set up to demo the games on. I would not be shocked at all if there was some kind of hidden feature in the Wii to better scale it to fit both 720p and 1080i HD sets. I have had a PS2 XBOX and a Gamecube all hooked up to my 56 inch HD TV and none of them could remotely compare to image clarity of the Wii running on the multiple 72 and 56 inch displays that Nintendo had sep up the night after they sponsored our dinner.

3) Speaking of the dinner Reggie Fils Amie was the MC and he gave 90 store managers Wiis to be recieved shortly after launch. He also detailed a comprehensive strategy for the Wii and stated that it should not be considered as a compliment to the competition but as something that is a complete departure from the other two all together (ie no Wii60)

4) He also was meet with a standing ovation for announcing that Gamestop and EB stores would be the only retailers to receive demo Kiosks for Nintendo's new system. Apparently none of the other retailers ( Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, etc.....) were willing to accept demo units that did not include some way to tether the Wii-motes to the units but Gamestop & EB would. So you heard it here first Wii Kiosks exclusive to Gamestop & EB !!!!!! GAME ON!!!!!!!!

It seems pointless to bundle a new HD movie format with a home videogame system.

It's sony. if they can bundle a movie with a handheld, why not for their console? And I wouldnt think its so pointless. Its the perfect thing to bundle with a ps3 to allow someone to show off one of the capibilities of the ps3, without forcing them to go buy a blu-ray movie. Microsoft obviously thought it wasnt pointless enough to bundle a movie with their hd-dvd player. Is there a double standard somewhere or somthing?
I'd prefer an extra controller.
Obviously the movie costs sony less to bundle (especially after part of their company owns the movie rights) than putting in a 2nd controller that costs 40-50 bucks.
Come on man, think! :p

4) He also was meet with a standing ovation for announcing that Gamestop and EB stores would be the only retailers to receive demo Kiosks for Nintendo's new system. Apparently none of the other retailers ( Best Buy, Circuit City, Walmart, etc.....) were willing to accept demo units that did not include some way to tether the Wii-motes to the units but Gamestop & EB would. So you heard it here first Wii Kiosks exclusive to Gamestop & EB !!!!!! GAME ON!!!!!!!!
I presume the Wiimotes will be magnetically/RF tagged and burly security guards posted at the exits?

Da1anonly - What show was this? Thanks for your overall comments and especially those regarding the displays that were used. The display means alot when trying to show off your game system...!

Well, we'll see if Microsoft actually thinks if it's pointless to bundle a HD-DVD player with a games console, before saying it's pointless to bundle a HD movie with a games console / HD movie player ;)

That and games already in 1080p and at 60 fps on the PS3. Seems like lots of theory is being thrown out of the window now that the PS3 is about to come out.

Remember free 2xAA and 5% hit on 4xAA? Remember only a few 1080p games will hit the PS3 in its whole generation?

Remember when people said ports of 360 games on the PS3 would be the same, because the PS3 and 360 were just alike? Seems like alot of the theory talk was wrong.:???:

I also remember that Assassin's Creed used the power of PS3 so well that it was going to be PS3-exclusive by default. I remember Lair supposed to be looking just like the trailer. I remember there was no way the first GoW shots were realtime. And a couple of other similar things... I also remember Sony-fans making fun of XBox fans who said games were being developed on uncomplete kits now making the same excuses. It's not like stupidity is exclusive to the MS side of the console wars...

Frankly, if your contributions are to be selectively digging for stuff to rub in the face of people based on your console allegiances, then by all means please stop. :rolleyes:

It seems sensible to bundle a new HD movie format with a home entertainment system.
Fixed.

(ack, I hate when people do that!)

It's also likely a large percentage of early adopters, especially in the US, have HDTVs, and will want to be used to advertise BluRay to friends.

It's sony. if they can bundle a movie with a handheld, why not for their console? And I wouldnt think its so pointless. Its the perfect thing to bundle with a ps3 to allow someone to show off one of the capibilities of the ps3, without forcing them to go buy a blu-ray movie. Microsoft obviously thought it wasnt pointless enough to bundle a movie with their hd-dvd player. Is there a double standard somewhere or somthing?
Obviously the movie costs sony less to bundle (especially after part of their company owns the movie rights) than putting in a 2nd controller that costs 40-50 bucks.
Come on man, think! :p
There's a difference between promoting a new portable movie format that is significantly better then anything else on a handheld multimedia system and promoting a new HD format which many people don't have the TV's to appreciate.

There's a difference between promoting a new portable movie format that is significantly better then anything else on a handheld multimedia system and promoting a new HD format which many people don't have the TV's to appreciate.

Well, most of the population getting a PS3 at launch will have TVs enabling them to appreciate it, so there ya go...

with that logic sony shouldnt promote the ps3 either. :LOL:

Fixed.
(ack, I hate when people do that!)
It's also likely a large percentage of early adopters, especially in the US, have HDTVs, and will want to be used to advertise BluRay to friends.
I'm talking about the convenience of the little disk and sony's new idea of bundling a movie with a game system.
Well, most of the population getting a PS3 at launch will have TVs enabling them to appreciate it, so there ya go...
I forgot about that.
with that logic sony shouldnt promote the ps3 either. :LOL:
They don't give away PS3's. There is no benefit to them giving away PS3's. I do not think they would ever start a trend of doing that.

I also remember that Assassin's Creed used the power of PS3 so well that it was going to be PS3-exclusive by default. I remember Lair supposed to be looking just like the trailer. I remember there was no way the first GoW shots were realtime. And a couple of other similar things... I also remember Sony-fans making fun of XBox fans who said games were being developed on uncomplete kits now making the same excuses. It's not like stupidity is exclusive to the MS side of the console wars...

Frankly, if your contributions are to be selectively digging for stuff to rub in the face of people based on your console allegiances, then by all means please stop. :rolleyes:

The first shot's were'nt realtime, they were bullshots with more MSAA then what 360 can handle.:rolleyes:

Anyway, beyond wanting to know if this rumor is actually true or not, I'd like to know if it applies to both consoles. Hopefully October 19th (or earlier) we find out exactly what the pack-ins are for these consoles.

It definitely makes more sense from Sony's side to bundle a movie rather than something else (like a game or another controller -- if those were even viable options for Sony).

It gives everyone who buys a PS3 a free chance to see BD in action. The vast majority buying a PS3 will be those interested in the game first and foremost... bundling a movie lets them see another part of the system that they wouldn't necessarily know about or bother with otherwise. It's an assurance that the those early adopters will see all of what PS3 offers (or at least most of what PS3 offers -- who knows about online stuff).

Looks like Talladega Nights is a 50gb blu-ray movie.
I should hope so too! Given the bad rep BRD has got for itself so far, they need a real showcase title. Interestingly the PS3 release will be before general disc release (Dec 12th) which adds novelty t the pack-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back