EB Employee plays PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ons::lob::

Newcomer
Link

Employee said:
I just got back from our annual meeting for EB games And gamestop , and i got to play

Genji , MotorStorm , and Resistance

they all where on those new sony XBR tv's running at 720 P

Ok first off , to al the people, ( including myself at 1 point ) When you look at a ps3 game, you know your looking at a ps3 game , there is a very distinctive difference in them, the games are so crystal clear, the shadows, the particle effects are soo nice, and from what i played , all 3 of those games look a bit better then anything ive seen and played on 360.

so it uses the same cables as ps1 and ps2 . so that would make it cheaper to buy cables at least :)

i havnt played a 360 game yet that dont have frame rate issues ( besides knockout kings, wich is awesome ) . I went in there a bit sceptical, just a bit, and walked out completley 100% happy with what i seen and played,
Ya knock out kings 360, great game :rolleyes: What sort of idiot doesn't even know what FN3 is called?

Seems... plausible.... the guy is definitely a "fan" though so who knows... the pictures aren't evidence of anything... I thought it was an EB showing... but they look like their from a trade show...

Thanks for the link! Nice to hear another persons view on it. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it!

Seems... plausible.... the guy is definitely a "fan" though so who knows... the pictures aren't evidence of anything... I thought it was an EB showing... but they look like their from a trade show...

It wouldn't suprise me if thier meetings are set up like this. Remember they need to get these guys attention so that they can aid in the sales of these system.

Even if the graphics are better than X360's, does it matter?

Xbox's graphics are better than PS2's and it didn't mean a damned thing to the mainstream.

Your basic flamebait and not credible. I spoke to an EB store manager and they're under NDAs not to discuss what they saw. Store managers do not make threads in the cesspit of a forum that is gamespots. Just another attention whore wanting his 15 seconds in the sun.

It would be interesting to hear the rest of the press' evaluations of those games... I would think as an EB employee you would want to play all the new games... he almost makes mention of Gears of War for example (which is way beyond the league of this year's SC:DA which he also mentions) as an afterthought... just not to seem "biased..."

But who am I to talk... I have a thread named "Are Sony devs aiming higher?" :D

a friend of mine payed PS3 in japan and didn't come away impressed. He's been along time supporter and was happen with the title he manged to get a look at. everyone has thier own opinion, but the whole "you know it's a ps3 game just by the way it looks" is pure and utter garbage.

O yeah 1 more thing i didnt know, the guy running the demo part told me that anytihing bluetooth will werk on ps3, i asked about headsets for online play, and he told me if i had a cell phone, i said no, he said if i had a bluetooth headset for mu cell it would work on the ps3 also.
Is this true? Has this already been addressed as this is the first time I have heard it? I'm not too familiar with bluetooth, but I guess it's a bit logical that all bluetooth headsets would generally be interchangeable.

-aldo

Is this true? Has this already been addressed as this is the first time I have heard it? I'm not too familiar with bluetooth, but I guess it's a bit logical that all bluetooth headsets would generally be interchangeable.

-aldo

I hope so, that would save me some money as I have two bluetooth headsets for my cell, one of which I dont even use anymore.

*crosses fingers*

There should be no reason for any Bluetooth device to work with the PS3, as long as the PS3 supports said profile.
A headset profile is very likely to be supported by PS3, as is a Human Interface Device (HID) profile for kb and mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back