EB Employee plays PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the LOD in my opinion. If you resize the ps3 image to 1280x720 you will see that the camera is further off Sarapova in the PS3 version. ;)
xbox360yy6.jpg
ps3rl0.jpg

Like rabidrabbit said, two different arenas with two different angles of light source are not going to look the same.

I ran across an interesting post on another forum saying the 360 version at 720p looks better than the PS3 version at 1080p:

Here's the direct comparision shot:

You should probably avoid "interesting posts" at Reirom Age...unless, of course, you're the one who made the thread originally. PEACE.

Too many people wearing fanb0y goggles here.

Take a look at her calves, look at the skin shaders. The skin shaders in the 1080p image looks like shit compared to the 720p image. Also, the lighting is not nearly as rich.

My OT issue at hand is how it is delivered. What I don't want is what the current HD movies players do, I don't want multiple conversions of the stream. (e.g. 1080p24 >> 1080i60 >> 1080p60)

Why would a game system that renders a 1920x1080 buffer do something like this? The only player that does what you describe above is the Samsung Blu-Ray player. The reason it does this is because it was the only way for the player to output a 1080p signal using the Broadcom chipset (same one found in the Toshiba A-1/XA-1 with a maximum output resolution of 1080i).

Too many people wearing fanb0y goggles here.

Take a look at her calves, look at the skin shaders. The skin shaders in the 1080p image looks like shit compared to the 720p image. Also, the lighting is not nearly as rich.

Are you serious? Your missing the most important factors. The angle of the lighting (notice in one the sun is in front of her, and the other is behind her), and the arena the match is in (which is probably the biggest factor as to the amount of lighting). I think you are trying to see something thats not there, Try a better set of comparison pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back