"And the scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold" BYE Wii/X360/PS3.THANKS!!

Cyan

orange
Legend
Supporter
The initial quote is from my favourite game of this generation; Skyrim. "And the scrolls have foretold, of black wings in the cold....".

It’s been eight years since the release of the first console of the current/previous generation, a wonderful console that was nevertheless plagued by the infamous red rings of light. Weren't for that we would be talking about the new PS2.

With the impending launch of the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One, some gamers may have put the Wii -already replaced by the WiiU but the Wii stopped to be made a few months ago-/Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in the rearview mirror or are too busy looking forward to the new generation.

Thus I decided to create this thread. To celebrate the fun times we’ve had with our consoles. These consoles deserve a farewell! :smile2:

Well, let's enjoy our memories about the games we played. Which were the most influential games of the Wii/X360/PS3 generation for you? :smile2:

This is my list:

Oblivion: I can't help it but feel a lot of nostalgia remembering this game.

I had bought the Xbox 360 at launch date -the first console I purchased at release date, I bought the Xbox Crystal in 2004, during holidays with Halo 2- and early adopters were expecting to play Gears of War, as it seemed to be the "first true next generation game".

But it didn't take too long -March 2006- to play what I consider the actual first next generation game of the 00s era, which is Oblivion.

I had never ever seen anything like that.

When I realised I was seeing the mountains in the distance and I could actually get there on foot, to Bruma, to the rest of Cyrodiil, the lush forests and grassy areas, the snowy mountains... it made me think that that game was something else.

Not to mention the weirdos populating Cyrodiil and the fun situations you could get into. Also finding the Unicorn was special, and it got me quite a few months finding out there was an Unicorn in the game.

Call of Juarez: The online of this game and its maps got a total casual gamer like my brother completely addicted to it. I cried with laughter sometimes, at his comments and expressions when playing. He certainly lived it. Lots of laughs assured.

Those were times of duels in the highnoon, gold rush and bank robberies. I took part in spectacular gunfights & chases.

Thanks Techland.

Red Dead Redemption: A truly unique game. It has about everything, and for me finding the different breeds of horses was an adventure in itself.

SKYRIM: :love::love: THE game of this generation!!!!!!! This is for me the best game from the Wii/X360/PS3.

The hours and hours I could talk about this game, it would sum up the amount of hours I spent playing it.

I have unforgettable memories from playing Skyrim, how much I roleplayed with my best friend on Xbox Live, making up all kind of stories about the background of my characters -I published one or two here on Beyond3D in the Skyrim thread- and having a laugh at the same time.

Some were actually fun. What more can I say about this game... Probably in another post.

Skyrim, Game of the generation for me. That music -like in Oblivion, awesome music too-.

Xbox Live was also an eye opener. I made some friends there and in particular... there is always the friend you would want to keep as a lifetime friend there. I had lots of fun, made crazy things even, but in the end I prefer it over the social websites, although every service is different.

Finally, a goodbye video -yes, the last game featured in it is my preferred game of this generation, one of my favourite games ever-. With the thanks at the beginning of the video I meant something like "thanks for the memories".

Last edited by a moderator:
Another video, this time from Oblivion, and it has the word nostalgia written all over it. The music is especially beautiful.

For those who didn't play Skyrim, nor they know what the game is all about, this could be summed up in a few words..

Skyrim is the northernmost region of Tamriel. Its atmosphere is special, foggy places, grassy areas, lush forests, vertical mountains.

Yes, its geography consists of mountains, pine forests. It also has rural countrysides, arctic plains and snowy tundras.

There are huge swathes of wilderness, lots of snow, foggy environments & a special tone.

The story -which is not bad in itself, although the storyline in the game is not as compelling as the summed up story- centres around the Dragonborn.

The prophecy foretold by the Elder Scrolls lead to the return of the dragons under the elder great dragon Alduin (Alduin would be the Nordic equivalent of Akatosh -which also appears in Oblivion-), who is the Nordic god of destruction.

You as a Dragonborn are the one capable to defeat Alduin and the Dragons, and stop the destruction of Skyrim, which is also in turmoil because of a civil war.

The title of the thread makes reference to Alduin, btw.

Some fun moments in Skyrim from when it was a very buggy game:

This is the Microsoft's conference of the E3 2005, when the Xbox 360 was first shown and the gamertag was introduced -25 minutes mark on-.

This puts things in to perspective and tells to a certain extent where the Xbox 360 was a success and where it certainly failed -RROD for instance- and how things evolved ever since.

Back