EB Employee plays PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some kind of EB conference a few days ago, managers from stores got to play the PS3 so likely its legit. The manager of the store was telling the other employee's about his experience. However Id take it with a grain of salt. People who work at EB tend to be less technically oriented. Luckily I have a close friend who works at an EB in NY and he let me know a few things. Gears was also present apparently. Resistance and Motorstorm as well, but I havent heard of any other titles. It was just a quick discussion with him before he had to get back to work.

Edit: Ill attempt to get more details out of him today.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone has thier own opinion, but the whole "you know it's a ps3 game just by the way it looks" is pure and utter garbage.

I'll be sure to remember this when playing various titles in crystal clear 1080p resolution... oh wait :oops:

PS; Nothing personal Q, just having a little fun. Sad reality is, I won't be playing on neither a 1080p nor a 720p display for a very long time... :cry:

Since your very non descript in your reply, I suppose Ill have to cover all bases for you? Even though I thought it was pretty self explanatory..Oh well.

Gears of war, the video game. He mentioned that his boss got to play it at the conference. Looking at those pictures the guy posted theres a Wii section so I have little reason to doubt there was a Microsoft one as well. Seeing that Gears is being pushed rather heavily as a system seller for the 360, It doesnt take a genius to figure out that they should have a demo onhand for the meeting.

Gears of war, the video game. He mentioned that his boss got to play it at the conference. Looking at those pictures the guy posted theres a Wii section so I have little reason to doubt there was a Microsoft one as well. Seeing that Gears is being pushed rather heavily as a system seller for the 360, It doesnt take a genious to figure out that they should have a demo onhand for the meeting.

The author did state that Gears was there along with SC:DA.

Let me add that watching a pure digital signal(HDMI) to a good LCD panel (Sony XBR3s count!) may give the impression of "clarity" and "pop that you may not get from say an analog to LCD signal... Thus much of his impression I believe is based on the type of display he was on and the nature of the signal it received... as opposed to the "console."

Ah I didnt see that part :) Now im pretty anxious to get ahold of him and squeeze some details out of him.

I cant wait to test out the HDMI connection, My new capture equipment arrives in a month which will let me take 1080P videos through the PS3's HDMI. Ah its going to be wonderful! Actual non PR screens at 1080P!

Since your very non descript in your reply, I suppose Ill have to cover all bases for you? Even though I thought it was pretty self explanatory..Oh well.

Gears of war, the video game. He mentioned that his boss got to play it at the conference. Looking at those pictures the guy posted theres a Wii section so I have little reason to doubt there was a Microsoft one as well. Seeing that Gears is being pushed rather heavily as a system seller for the 360, It doesnt take a genius to figure out that they should have a demo onhand for the meeting.
Ah, sorry. I didn't noitce anything non-PS3 in the images (nor text) at first, but yeah, I can see now that there's something Wii-related in the background.

I couldn't decide between this being a submarining multiplat-announcement or a freudian slip. "What?" seemed just fine. It nicely captured my facial expression :)

Ah, sorry. I didn't noitce anything non-PS3 in the images (nor text) at first, but yeah, I can see now that there's something Wii-related in the background.

I couldn't decide between this being a submarining multiplat-announcement or a freudian slip. "What?" seemed just fine. It nicely captured my facial expression :)

foxbait95 said:
lol actually dood there was a 360 both next to the sony booth and they had gears of war and splinter cell runnin on it, and they do look good but they dont look like ps3 games , and im not biased i play everything. o yeah they are not 1st party anyways what are you talking about, genji is 1st but the other 2 are not, and they are launch games so they have the least amount of time put into them lol do you know what your talking about lol, sorry man

It is within the thread.

Let me add that watching a pure digital signal(HDMI) to a good LCD panel (Sony XBR3s count!) may give the impression of "clarity" and "pop that you may not get from say an analog to LCD signal... Thus much of his impression I believe is based on the type of display he was on and the nature of the signal it received... as opposed to the "console."

Mmm, I don't buy that for a second. My buddy just bought a new 42" LCD LG flatscreen, and that thing looks absolutely drop dead amazing when hooked up to the 360 through component, I don't see how you can get much better than that.

Though you're probably right that it was the quality of the TV that stood out rather than the content.

The "author" of this piece is a hardcore sony fan.If you've been following gamespot's forums you would know that.I have to congratulate him though,his fan crap appeared both on GAF and here.

Just a random post on a message board that somehow got more attention than it deserved.

That does NOT mean that Resistance and Motorstorm aren't gret looking games but the tone of the post is silly.

Mmm, I don't buy that for a second. My buddy just bought a new 42" LCD LG flatscreen, and that thing looks absolutely drop dead amazing when hooked up to the 360 through component, I don't see how you can get much better than that.

Though you're probably right that it was the quality of the TV that stood out rather than the content.

Well teh quality of the scaler in the Tv has a lot to do with it.... component video is subject to interference from other components and the environment and may affect the quality of the image... You will more than likely notice a cleaner and possibly brighter image through HDMI/DVI though especially if its an LCD as opposed to a plasma. Try it.

I will let you all know when I get my HDMI cables tomorrow night. DONT BUY THEM FROM BEST BUY though... get em online at places like bluejeanscable.com. I got a 10 foot HDMI cable for $28 from them as opposed to $99 from Best Buy for a 2 meter cable. ;)

i think some of this can be attributed to the "omg is a ps3.. is a ps3 and I am playing it omg omg omg, I like shiny new things" effect.. which can cause your own excitment to blow things a bit out of proportion as well.

yea, see this is why posting trash from a forum you can get recycled out of anyplace isnt a good idea. Can we not do this childish bicker banter? I cannot WAIT until after all this is done with.

said this before i checked the OPs history, new, not surprised. This thread sucks, thats my opinion, same as what this thread was started about, opinion. Is mine just as valuable?

A bit more info, not really much but its the guys personal opinion.

They had a baquet, with about 5000 people there. Theres around 4000 EB/Gamestop stores all with managers and then theres a bunch of district managers and such. They were all at this meeting.

So anyway, at the banquet they had a huge projector screen setup, with Gears of War playing. He said that when whoever was playing it would slice up some bad guys using the chainsaw the whole room would cheer. Hah.

He played a bit of Gears of War as well and thinks its a strong contender for GOTY. He really liked it. (yay!)

He also had good things to say about Motostorm, but there really wasnt anything specific he said about it. Sorry I couldnt find out anything too interesting.

Edit: Also I forgot he mentioned Resistance. He says it feels like a generic FPS but its a blast to play. Ill admit it has that look to it too, but it does look fun imo :)

Seems there was an activision event recently, with information starting to come out. But many things still under wraps until NDA's end.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4498040&postcount=1
I spent all day yesterday in Activision's Santa Monica offices playing Wii, PS3, 360, DS, and PSP games and had a great time. While everything is embargoed until tomorrow for the earliest stuff, I can say that the Wii is dang fun. I was able to pick it up, poke around with it, and check out everything about it. I can't believe how tidy it and sleek it is.

As for the games, stuff running in 1080p on the PS3 look incredible. Wii games look ok, but I don't think the best graphics are going to come out of Activision published games, but they are committed to 480p and 16:9 on their games. Everything on the 360 looked and played well, but it seems that the PS3 has the edge graphically across the board already (shader effects especially).

About 30 members of the media were there. IGN sent Matt Cassamasamasmsisnisna, Mark Bozon, and about 2 or 3 others. 1up had Matt Leone, but I think he was flying solo. There were guys from Joystiq, PGC, Gamespot, and a few other outlets as well.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4498127&postcount=9
Tomorrow is when the first embargo date is up with one ending as late as the 25th; so stuff will come trickling in for the rest of the month.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4498188&postcount=15
Well, speaking with a dev that was there he said they could just do more with the PS3's ability to handle shaders. There were some distortion effects that were credited (by the developer) to the PS3's shader abilities that were absent in the same 360 title. It wasn't game changing or anything, but it looked cool.

EDIT: We have to be cautious though, I guess. Some of this might be that specific dev's understanding of the hardware. It would be hard to believe that they don't know how to get more out of the 360 at this point than the PS3...but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back