DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

I see the guys in the booth are pretty damm quick to come to her assistance, doubtful we'd see such spiffy service.
lulz, she doesn't look like the typical damsel in distress but there are the guys anyways. I wonder who is the lounge lizard and who is the legitimate guy working in the support team :eek:

Other than that I couldn't see much of the game in the video. The "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"s "Uuooooooooooooooooooo"s were so fun though

Well now that it officially delayed I guess the question is why? Problems with development? It doesn't seem that likely, everything they showed was pretty up to par already. My guess it's that they just couldn't find tune all the tracks and ai in time for launch. So rather than issue a hefty patch they're delaying the game.

The design director just had his first child a few days ago, so that could have stalled things a bit. While the game was shaping up well, they really haven't showed much, especially lately.

The core gameplay and technology was progressing well, from Sonys response it sounds like the social features need more time.

I don't why incomplete social features would delay a cut down version for the PSN. People weren't expecting the full deal anyway. For the whole thing to be delayed, sound like something a little more complicated is going on.

I don't why incomplete social features would delay a cut down version for the PSN. People weren't expecting the full deal anyway. For the whole thing to be delayed, sound like something a little more complicated is going on.

That's my feeling too, there had to be a game killing bug in there somewhere.

Well they are a big part of the design and experience apparently. We have seen almost nothing about Club Management , Setting up challenges ,Club vs. Club battles, how the game integrates into PSN etc.

All that stuff is boring anyway. My guess is this will be released with toned down social features and much more customisation options. Sony's answer to need for speed underground.

Maybe its because I'm antisocial but all the people requesting me to help them in GTA v annoy me. From the video they showed they want a request to pause my game and join my 'team'. If that's the kind of social interaction they are aiming for they can sod off.

They better do a good job with the core gameplay mechanics. I think some are counting on them to relieve the wait for GTx. Yamauchi claimed that GT7 will be released faster but I will never believe his schedule. Once he sees other racers on the new console, he's going to try to outdo all of them. He will take his own sweet time to refine his game.

A high quality Drive Club title would be appreciated especially after I wrote them about adding Race Queens to the social aspect of Drive Club. I call it the Night Club feature.

So instead of getting some version of DC at launch as a PS+ member I'm getting Contrast instead? I like that very much actually.

Contrast has a playable demo on the PS4 demo station. Haven't tried it yet. May be this weekend. I wanna see the bulge in PS4.

All that stuff is boring anyway. My guess is this will be released with toned down social features and much more customisation options. Sony's answer to need for speed underground.

Maybe its because I'm antisocial but all the people requesting me to help them in GTA v annoy me. From the video they showed they want a request to pause my game and join my 'team'. If that's the kind of social interaction they are aiming for they can sod off.

What`s more boring than another generic racer with a bit of tacked on MP ? There`s enough of them already.

DC is built from the ground up as a social game, so if they're having a hard time getting that working, then damn right the game needs to be pushed back until it's ironed out.

The way it is now, having seen videos of the game and its features, it would actually be a hell of a lot more boring if it were just an offline single-player game.. there would literally be nothing to do except drive around in circles all day by yourself.

What`s more boring than another generic racer with a bit of tacked on MP ? There`s enough of them already.

Did the demo play well ? I agree if the game lacks character, it will be quickly forgotten.

See, now that just sounds wrong...:oops:

I was doing my research on Race Queens last night. You know what's very wrong and real ?
http://tv.sohu.com/20130814/n384168835.shtml

An Asian friend sent me this. Ignore the 1 minute ad. Scroll to 45:14 right away. They are the same woman, before and after makeover.

Nextgen "rendering" ftw.

The PS+ version is supposed to have every feature of the game, just with lesser tracks and cars. So, yes, if the social features are not ready the ps+ version cannot be launched. Bu if some of the cars and tracks were incomplete, then they could launch the psn version.

From the footages we have seen, i think the game just isn't poished enough yet. We haven't seen any mp footage at all either. So much for Cerny's time to triangle :p

I'll take a finished game over a rush job any day. I have plenty to play and now apparently I have something called Contrast!

Back