DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

I swear very rarely, but....FUCK YEAH :devilish: dat sunset and Dawn :p ! !! They made Motorstorm apocalypse goddamnit ! They can bring twisters in !

Last edited by a moderator:
Here it is. YT + HQ Gamersyde

PS Blog article about this vid, devs are still working on a ton of improvements
13 things we’d like you to know about this video:

1. If you’d like to see a version of the video with significantly higher image quality than shown on YouTube (and a closer representation of how the game looks on PS4), you’ll be able to download the 1080p video online soon.

2. The time of day is accelerated by x60, which is why the video covers from 6pm – 9pm in Chile in just three laps. Accelerating the speed of time is something you can choose to adjust before you race and it’s also why the sunlight disappears so quickly at 1:58. :)

3. Design Director Paul Rustchynksy is the driver. He’s using a Thrustmaster “T80 DRIVECLUB Edition” wheel, which explains why his last lap (in first person racing view) is the fastest.

4. The video was captured in one take from a version of the game still in development. Optimisations to the visual quality of the game are made every day, so while there are lots of impressive details on show you may also spot some things we’re still working on – like improving the anti-aliasing for certain assets and making sure that nothing pops in to view.

5. We decided to show this time trial event with on-screen display disabled, because lots of people wanted to see this and it’s something you can choose to configure in the game. We noticed that when we did this, the game still plays the sound effects for Overdrives, so we’re fixing this.

6. The way that we have captured each car’s distinctive audio is evident here because we’ve disabled the in-game soundtrack music, but we’ve actually just made further improvements to the quality of the audio in the game today (and fixed the backfire so that you can hear it properly on the Audi R8 V10 Plus), so it’s still getting better.

7. All lights illuminate the environment authentically. The dashboard fully illuminates, so you can see the glow of the buttons in the control panel above the rear-view mirror and you can see the reflections in the windscreen and the driver’s window. Similarly, you’ll notice that the brake light illuminates the car’s active spoiler in the first two laps. Hopefully this will draw your eye away from the glitch with the car’s tyre smoke (which is missing) and excessive anti-aliasing on the Audi’s bevelled rear window frame… which we are of course still developing.

8. The reflector lights (cats eyes/snake eyes) on the safety barriers surrounding the track reflect light authentically too. You can see this most clearly at 02:30.

9. Ghost cars (and opponent cars) are all fully realised in the rear-view mirrors, but there’s currently a small glitch that makes them render incorrectly when the sun goes down. This will be improved by launch.

10. The crowds release balloons throughout the race. The balloons should react authentically to the wind and light up correctly at night – and appear less frequently too – but the game is still in development after all.

11. There’s a tiny portal to another dimension (aka a glitch in the world) at 0:32. We’ve fixed it in the game already.

12. The sky is clear of clouds so that you can see the stars twinkling up above. This won’t always be the case; you can choose how clear or cloudy the sky is when you set-up a race and it will be uniquely generated every time. On the occasions when the fog rolls in and you can only see the tips of those mountains in the distance… and the cars in front are casting long shadows towards you as the sun rises or sets on the horizon… and you’re breezing through it all 150mph… it’s utterly sensational!

13. Not only do we model every car in staggering detail inside and out, we go to great lengths with the environments too. Check out the observatory tower at 1:47 and 2:37!

For the end, "Forza-inspired" version of the track by GAF:
7QqiT8H.gif

:D :D

The amount of detail is staggering... the lighting alone is beautiful. Wow, the smoke how it reacts to the wind and surrounding environment. :oops:

I'm so getting this now... :D

This game went from looking meh, to good, to great. I like how Evolution is giving progress updates.. you can really see how far the game has come and there's still quite a bit of time left.

Not into racing games, but I really like and respect the way of explaining the video. No marketing fluff there...

Who needs 60fps when you can have graphics as pristine as this really? I can only imagine how amazing the final build would look like! DC is now a day one buy for sure.

Who needs 60fps when you can have graphics as pristine as this really? I can only imagine how amazing the final build would look like! DC is now a day one buy for sure.
I thought they are making this 60fps, or has that changed?

Will download the gamersyde version and then watch.

Now...make it 60fps and you ve got a winner

Bt didn't u say in the gt6 thread that its a racing game, 60fps isn't required and they should make it 30fps and up the graphics instead? Just saying. I found it weird coming from you. In fact after playing GT5 now,I do feel the 1080p is wasted there as there no details to show at that res. Neither in the cockpit, nor far away due to LOD.

Frankly, I think they should let go of the 60fps target and just make it a cosntant smooth 30 with as much eye candy as possible. With everything being done in realtime, including wind , lighting and with so many polygons on screen, I don't want them missing a spectacular oppurtunity of a graphical showcase by aiming for 60fps. If they haven't hit it till now, I don't think they will hit it anyways now with only a month and half left. Just stay 30 and make the IQ as clean as possible.

And bring those weather effects from MSApocalypse in ! I want to race through a tropical rainstorm with a sped up day night cycle to boot. Let them ballooons fly :cool: !!!

From the comments s ection of psblog, a reply regarding will there be sparks when cars collide:
Sparks fly! Sparks will also fly when you collide with the barriers.

Regarding 1080p/60fps aim:
We haven’t confirmed fps yet except to say that we’re currently running 1080p@30fps. While the PS4 is the most powerful games console the world has ever seen it doesn’t make 60fps achievable by default. The tracks in #DRIVECLUB are vast with fully dynamic illumination. The interiors and exteriors of every car in every race are rendered in staggering detail and the underlying physics system is incredibly fluid so that driving feels authentic and responsive. On top of that there’s a lot of live connectivity happening in and around the races too, to serve up challenges, reward you and your club for everything you do and make sure you always have something to play for.
We’re pushing the PS4 HARD to achieve all of this (and more!) and we will continue to optimise it all before we confirm the frame rate.
The illumination is completely dynamic, very well spotted. On a cloudier evening than the one we’ve shown (which can be controlled when you set-up each race), the clouds will also cast appropriate parts of the track in shadow. The shade will move subtly as the clouds roll by, too – and may occasionally burn through the clouds to show ‘God rays’.
We will certainly be showing you more of this in the coming weeks up to the release of PS4.

What I would Like to ask them is why don't they show us some vs races. After all the whole Driveclub concept is about racing against other clubs.
EDIT: Damnit the download is taking so long :mad:

IMO< th egame has a contrast issue. Even when the sky is sooooo bright, the ambient light as well as the Sunlight values are very low making all geometry very dark. Twilight times have really bright sky, yet very dark geometry. Either the devs have 10bit color depth TVs and re not facing the issue, but on my 8 bit monitor and TV, the objects seem too dark relative to the sky. During the night footage the interior of the cockpit is almost black. Even if they are mimicking real world light values, they need to remember that human eye can see a lot more range of values than the monitor can display, hence they need t make lights brighter to make stuff "feel' right. I am sure the devs all know this stuff, which makes me wonder why such contrast issues?
EDIT: If I bump up the brightness of my monitor and bring down the contrast, then it looks superb to me.

Will download the gamersyde version and then watch.

Bt didn't u say in the gt6 thread that its a racing game, 60fps isn't required and they should make it 30fps and up the graphics instead? Just saying. I found it weird coming from you. In fact after playing GT5 now,I do feel the 1080p is wasted there as there no details to show at that res. Neither in the cockpit, nor far away due to LOD.
Bah that wasnt me actually ;)

Bah that wasnt me actually ;)

Really? I always thought it was Nesh ! I remember playing GT5 and thinking about 'your' comments when I saw that the cockpit textures were actually low res were not benefitting from the 1080 res as there was no detail to show. Sorry buddy :smile: ! I

Really? I always thought it was Nesh ! I remember playing GT5 and thinking about 'your' comments when I saw that the cockpit textures were actually low res were not benefitting from the 1080 res as there was no detail to show. Sorry buddy :smile: ! I

I did comment that considering the PS3's limitations, the 1080p target was a waste of resources that could have gone in more meaningful areas actually :)
But certainly I did not mean that it should have been 30fps

I did comment that considering the PS3's limitations, the 1080p target was a waste of resources that could have gone in more meaningful areas actually :)
But certainly I did not mean that it should have been 30fps

OKay , I overlooked the wink :p , but you did or someone did comment about the 60 fps part. The case was that this is not some fighting game where you need 60 fps. Anyways, I say just bring in those weather effects of Motorstorm and keep it 30 fps and I will buy it twice ! Lightening crackling in the sky casting huge shadows all around will be blissful :p !

Much better. If I get this (or play the PS + version) I'll definitely be turning off all those popups and the music. That video was much more to my liking gameplay wise, as well as being visually stunning.

Seriously? :rolleyes:
I mean, why even have 30fps if you can have graphics as pristine as............... oh wait. :???:

Seriously? :rolleyes:
I mean, why even have 30fps if you can have graphics as pristine as............... oh wait. :???:
Yeah really. I'd rather have next gen graphics at 30fps than a silky smooth 60 ufps, u for ugly. Besides I'm totally optimal with 30fps in Motor Storm.

Back