DriveClub VR [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
tis is more nauseating than battlezone for me :(

the bluryness also did'n't help.

btw if you see "Resolution was changed by a game" notification, it means the game runs lower than 1080p. or at least i keep getting those when playing summer lesson and driveclub (the notification banner sometime doesnt visible tho. only the audio "ding")

It's weird for me - this is nick-named the vomit comet but I seem fine...yet other games seem to give me motion sickness...I wonder if it's because I found myself leaning into corners, my body reactive to how I might act in a real car is somehow dampening the motion sickness?

Really seems to affect every person differently. I have no issues with Driveclub VR, Eve and Battlezone, but Here They Lie actually makes me feel very queasy. Rise of the Tomb Raider's Croft manor without "comfort mode" is probably my pick for vomit comet. My stomach also really disapproves of moving backwards in Playroom VR's jump and run section.

Strange that you can resist driveclub but feel bad with platformer. I would say rigs and DC are first candidates to blow

Only when I move the little robot backwards, though. Forward movement is fine. Weird. The other ones I'm assuming depend on whether I have a good cockpit to ground my virtual self in. I haven't tried Rigs yet, though.

Strange that you can resist driveclub but feel bad with platformer. I would say rigs and DC are first candidates to blow

A might be as Sigfried1977 says below tho...

Only when I move the little robot backwards, though. Forward movement is fine. Weird. The other ones I'm assuming depend on whether I have a good cockpit to ground my virtual self in. I haven't tried Rigs yet, though.

gutted about Rigs - I hear great things but can't cope...I'm hopeful in time though...

Wondering how Resident Evil 7 will handle in VR. If it's just a regular fps with a helmet I'm probably out. That said, 10 hours worth of "The Kitchen" might be a little too psychologically scarring no matter whether it makes you throw up or not.

Definitely the most nauseous game for me so far. Maybe it's the lack of detail?

I don't know if this makes sense, but it's the only one that made me want to stop playing due to nausea. Much more than Rigs or Eve.

I hear if you drive with a wheel you are less likely to get nauseous. I think that would help for me as well.

For me it's only quick slopes or inclines that give me a weird feeling. I'm fine otherwise.

BTW, who the hell is making this game?
Evolution Studios was officially axed 7 months ago. Most of its crew went to Codemasters and others went to form another developer called Secret Sorcery that made another VR title, Tethered.

Could it be that actual development of the game ceased in March, and this is the best we'll get from the game (i.e. no PS4 Pro improvements)?

Rushy from Evo said Codemaster let them continue developpement of the game until finish. And he also told that there will be enhancements for the pro version, but did not specify.

Rushy from Evo said Codemaster let them continue developpement of the game until finish. And he also told that there will be enhancements for the pro version, but did not specify.

I am guessing Sony is paying Codemaster to let the x Evolution people there work on it? Does it need many people to optimize it further?

I don't think they are doing something for sony for now. They finished DCVR, added pro support and that's it.

Drive Club VR offers normal camera views also?
Did anyone really expect anything different?
Indeed, VR runs at double the framerate (or is it 90fps?) on two screens. It is an expected compromise.
The question is, is it worth it? I find the framrate quite appealing when combined with the idea of VR. I am curious to try it though since a hands on experience may differ a lot from expectations

Back