DriveClub VR [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 11852
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 11852

I'm expecting a PSVR blowout by Sony tonight and this along with No Man's Sky and Drive Club are going to be at the center of it all.
Isn't DriveClub on the wind down? Evolution was closed.

Evolution is closed but Drive Club continues, we'll see for how long but a good showing with PSVR could extend it out for a fair bit.

I for one would be quite surprised. It doesn't make a lot of sense to lose the team who created the game and best understand the technology, only to ask another team not familiar with the technology to produce a more demanding VR version. Even for Sony, that would be fucked up :yep2:

I for one would be quite surprised. It doesn't make a lot of sense to lose the team who created the game and best understand the technology, only to ask another team not familiar with the technology to produce a more demanding VR version. Even for Sony, that would be fucked up :yep2:
That's assuming the VR version isn't already done. Since we've already seen it running though there's certainly a chance it was completed before the disbanding.

That's assuming the VR version isn't already done. Since we've already seen it running though there's certainly a chance it was completed before the disbanding.
Ah fair enough, I didn't know Sony had shown it - I thought it was just speculation.

No reason why a studio like Santa Monica couldn't help finish up the details for DriveClub VR if indeed it wasn't done yet. There is also a possibility they didn't think it was necessary with GT and Assetto Corsa et al also coming to Ps4 with VR support. We'll see, but for sure they didn't show nearly everything in the conference, just new stuff.

I know. Driveclub is now a extra level in Dreams where you get to model freaky looking cars and trees. But mostly freaky trees.

I could have sworn when they announced Evolution's closure that DriveClub VR's development was being shifted London Studios.

Hmm seems the link is dead now. When it was alive JP blog mentioned that DC VR is coming at launch.

Back