DriveClub by Evolution Studios [PS4]

The only thing that is missing now is 60fps support. :)

BTW, did they ever mentioned support for rain? So far, they are promoting TOD changes, which is an excellent feature that I often use with pCARS.

Video looks nice indeed.

Did they say anything about the destruction ? I missed MotorStorm a little after looking at the video. Hoping to see some signature destruction from the MotorStorm team.

Oh boy the new addition of motion blur is the best thing happened to this game. Also love the look of cloud as though the lighting is giving it a translucent look. Very impressive footage, keep it coming Evolution!

Looks better each time, the environments are going to be amazing in the final game. but I still don't understand the super high contrast in their videos. The cockpit looks almost flat black due to it and the sky is so bright compared to the environment that the environment stands out like a silhoutte against it. You would expect the environment ot look much brighter if the sky is still so bright. A very strange choice.

OTOH, this video is 720p right? So, the share button videos are going to be 720p? and this encoding will be the max quality possible?

Thats some really bad video quality there. Hope its not the default PS4 share button quality. I am getting skeptical. I have put tweet to Shuhei Yoshida, but I don't know if he will even see my tweet in the flood he must be getting each day.

Heres a reply I got from the product manager of Driveclub
:
@Renegade_Rocks</a> where are you watching the vids? If it's on YouTube then don't worry - they're not uploaded by us so not true quality :)
But i have been watching on their FB page. Lets see what he has to say to that.

Ok heres his reply about the FB videos:

@Renegade_Rocks fair amount of compression on there don't forget :)

SO, I asked him if the videos are saved o the PS4 HDD to be copied over without the extra compression by these social sites. Lets see what he says to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
More tease. I can use only words forbidden here :) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=536705273080504

:runaway: Most impressive footage till now? Can't imagine running a full TOD race on this one. Will be beautiful and crisp ! The delay is sure helping but I think they are spoiling the surprise by showing these teases. If they put all of these in one new trailer, with us no idea of what we are going to see, it would blow the internet apart in one video. But now everyone knows what to expect. anyways, this new one looks very beautiful, wish the video was of higher quality.

Wow, some of those parts were some of the closest things I've seen to 'photorealism' (ie the ~43 and 48 second marks). Obviously it's not in-game, but I'm sure it's rendered in-engine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back