Developer : Evolution Studios
Genre: Driving
Release: TBA (US) »
ESRB: RP

28896_drive-club.jpg

drive-club-3.jpg

BKy6jObCcAA7ndP.jpg

BJwgL9JCMAMhfPr.png

Got to say this is a definite purchase for me as long as you can disable the notifications popping up mid race.

The sound will be great in this game. They've mic'd the cars and ran them around the track, like EA does with NFS.

If they can get open world racing to look as lovely as some of the better Pacific Rift tracks, then color me interested. I have good faith that they will deliver on the multiplayer and driving model ends.

I wonder if they were able to borrow any of PD's assets? Probably be a good idea to collaborate in some way. Apparently they wanted to use the GT name for this game but Kazunori declined.

Same here ! I want crazy games not sim like stuff. And anyways we still haven't got those Motorstorm trailer visuals yet :cry: !
I'm fairly sure that they said the game is not a simulator.
Though it is much more realistic in it's setting.

Also i don't care for motorstorm but might pick this up if it gets good user feedback on gaf.

Actually I'd rather wait a bit for a new Motor Storm game, let Evolution Studio have enough time to properly utilize all those GDDR5 rams and GPU compute, maybe then we'll see crazy particles and physics similar to the original MS trailer.

Graphics look too good ! I wantz !!! Hope it is arcadey like NFS MW and has some kindof stunt mode too, cos I am bored of just racing. I wantzz Burnout !!!! :devilish:

Their preview was absolutely worthless, as its apparent that not only have they not played the game, they haven't even seen it running (if they have, they're not sharing any related info). The interview, however, had some interesting tidbits.The bit about their involvement with showcasing the benefits of voice control could potentially be quite telling. I suppose we'll probably find out how telling in about 7 days.

Wait a minute, is that a magazine scan ? I thought we are not allowed to post copyrighted scan ?

EDIT: Nevermind. Saw AlStrong removing other scans in the other thread. He'll clean up I guess.

Info at one place:

From Neogaf.
Details about DriveClub from Play magazine

Tries to showcase many PS4 features and strengths
Not about smashing others off the road, but not exactly a sim either
lighting and reflections off of car are "spectacular"
Heavy social integration
Emphasis on team helps bring accessibility as opposed to outright competition for top spot
Q&A with Matt Southern, Col Rodgers, and technical director Scott Kirkland
They talk about their roots as a sim developer with WRC and Eurofighter Typhoon
Evolutions first involvement with the PS4 started in 2008
Dualshock 4 started development in 2010
High speed in DS4 gyros allow extremely accurate steering in racing games
Photorealism is a huge goal for Drive Club
Massive amounts of particles, realistic atmospheric effects, high attention to detail
Focus on owning and being a part of a racing team, owning very valuable carst
"Powerful low level access" of GPU
Material based lighting engine
"Flecked" metallic paint.
Woven carbon fiber, as opposed to just a texture.
"...diverse array of rich environments"
Detailed driving surfaces
Environment examples: roadside grass, scrub, memorable landmarks, stunning skies, staggering vistas
Extensive driver animation
Fully dynamic lighting for time of day effects
Streaming and spectating is in
Regarding DS4 again stiffer trigger springs smaller deadzones
Improved rumble
Touchpad used for navigating UI easily
Evolution Studios compared PD to a 106-piece orchestra while and themselves to a rockband. Dedicated to uniting people in bringing speed on "roads in the real world."
When asked about Forza and other MS franchises, they repond "If we aren't first or best, we aren't happy."
Sights of inspiration come from movies like Senna and Drive

Back