Dragon's Dogma [multi]

From what I got this is basically Monster Hunter for westerners.

Monster Hunter involves character gear (rather than level up) and personal skill, learning monsters patterns and each weapon category (or just one and use it exclusively) and I also got told (repeatedly) that Monster Hunter multiplayer is awesome...

If that game was on PC, I'd buy it right away and play MP with a few friends.

Ahh, that makes sense. So not a direct rival to Skyrim. I was wondering if that party could be coop. If there's awesome teamwork then it could be very good. Stupid title though!

Record Of Lodoss War Creator Writing Dragon’s Dogma Novel [Update]
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/01/31/dragons-dogma-will-have-items-from-the-berserk-anime-movie/

Earlier today, Capcom announced Dragon’s Dogma will ship with a Resident Evil 6 demo and the game fell off the March griffon shipment so we won’t be able to play it until May 22.

First print copies of Dragon’s Dogma also include Dragon’s Dogma Beginning, a short story written by Ryo Mizuno who worked on Record of Lodoss War and Infinite Undiscovery. The novel will have a cover illustration from Jun Suemi who created artwork for Hudson’s Rengoku: The Tower of Purgatory/The Stairway to HEAVEN. Dragon’s Dogma comes out on May 24 in Japan.

I loved the Record of Lodoss War soundtrack. :love:

Dragon's Dogma demo next week.

You can download it from Xbox Live Marketplace and from the US PlayStation Store on Tuesday 24th April. It goes live a day later, on Wednesday, 25th April, on the European PlayStation Store.

You get to design your main character and your main Pawn using Dragon's Dogma's character creation tool. Buy the full game when it launches in May and you'll be able to export both characters over.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-16-dragons-dogma-demo-release-date-announced

Our editor wasn't particularly impressed by the game's showing at Captivate. Surprisingly enough he was very impressed by RE6, DMC and Lost Planet 3.

The demo in one word. Short. Really short for an open world game. Just two short levels with only a few smaller enemies before your thrown into a boss battle. Those are quite nice though. Climbing on to them helps you attack them in specific places to turn the battle to your advantage. Like attacking the wings on the Griffin will cause it to fall down to earth. It can get very hectic with 3 pawns, the boss, and a few smaller enemies all in the same battle.

It took me a few play throughs of the demo to get used to the controls, but now plays fine, and I enjoyed it. I'm curious to see what the reviews will say about this game.

I just started downloading it and saw you were on. I'm making 1 megabyte every 12 seconds. Digital distribution is sending physical media into the grave!!!

Yeah, Sony is getting some impressive speeds out of those carrier pigeons they've got hooked up to their servers.

I was hoping the demo would be a bit longer for being 1.7 Gb in size.

I just started downloading it and saw you were on. I'm making 1 megabyte every 12 seconds. Digital distribution is sending physical media into the grave!!!

Damn I feel bad for you UK folk, all I ever hear from there is how terrible your internet is :) I get 6 megabytes/sec download here in LA so getting demos on Live takes no time at all. Having said that the game look and runs kinda archaic...but it was semi entertaining. One issue is it's hard to see what's going on sometimes as the game litters the screen with text messages. Seemed tough to control as well. Also all the characters often blather at the same time. Seems like it has some potential though, but will prolly go for Amalur instead when the craving strikes for such a game.

I can get pretty close the the 8 Mbps maximum during the day. I don't know how much of the Wednesday night snail is Sony's server fault with the ramped demand for the latest store offerings, although in an evening I always get abysmal speeds. The worst of it at the moment is the 1-2 minutes to start loading a webpage, and really intermittent downloads that can see streamed media cut out.

I thought Dragon Dogma sounded best for coop though and team mechanic, in contrast to KoA. Well, I'll get to try the demo in a cuple of days... ;)

and ill wait the demo to be uploaded on normal web server.... then copy it to flashdisk

my ISP block xbox live ha ha ha, ugh..

i though DD will support coop.

with drop-in-drop out coop by the other human player act as "pawn" for the host.

Nope, it's a single player game. I really liked the demo by the way. I also wonder how people could praise the likes of Skyrim and call the visuals in DD archaic. DD runs at a nice and smooth framerate and the animations don't look like they were lifted from the video games stone age either.

I can get pretty close the the 8 Mbps maximum during the day. I don't know how much of the Wednesday night snail is Sony's server fault with the ramped demand for the latest store offerings, although in an evening I always get abysmal speeds. The worst of it at the moment is the 1-2 minutes to start loading a webpage, and really intermittent downloads that can see streamed media cut out.

I thought Dragon Dogma sounded best for coop though and team mechanic, in contrast to KoA. Well, I'll get to try the demo in a cuple of days... ;)

Shifty have you tried putting your PS3 in the DMZ?

My bro did that after his d/l speeds were contantly abysmal and it helped GREATLY.

I'm definitely buying this day one. The demo just keeps getting better the more I play it. Those bosses go down really fast if you know what you're doing.

Back