Resident Evil Village (Capcom) [PS5, XBSX|S, PC]

how scary is it ? bought it but to be honest don't like horror games :d

It's closer to a shooter with mild horror/puzzle elements. This RE really focuses on the action to a greater extent than previous RE games. There's a couple sections of the game that feel like a wave based "survive the waves of monsters" shooter experience.

That said, there are some sections that are genuinely creepy/horror-y, like the one that London Geezer mentioned.

Regards,
SB

The musical box puzzle was quite easy. It took me about 5 minutes to solve it. That section of the game was like Silent Hill or The Evil Within. :p

I completed the game on PS5 a few days ago. My favorite section was the house with the evil dolls. That was like a mini Amnesia experience.

I played it on Italian language mode with english subs. I started it on english but once I got into the village and found the villagefolk lamenting in a standard english dialect I had to do something about it. :)

It was a solid game. Some problems with the cheese at times but it had that RE vibe.

Last edited:
I bought this digitaly, and I cant play it because of motionsickness. Ive been playing fpses on consoles for like 20 years. Never felt something like this. Ive tried turning of the camera acceleration and wobble but it didnt help.

Do anyone know if its possible to get a refund from microsoft?

Personally, I think this game is a kick in the balls for every true RE fan who remembers growing up with titles like 2, 0, 3: Nemesis, the first remake, CVX, and yes, even RE4, which this game clearly wants to be. I mean, the story is sad.
Ethan is so mundane. Chris is just there... because. The idea that RE has vampires, a Transformer, and a living doll, it's... oh man. Why the hell would, A, Chris put Ethan in the vicinity of Miranda anyway? And B, what do you make of his "reason" for not telling Ethan the truth right away?

The whole game is a cash grab product. Had it been something else entirely, then okay. But it has a legacy title behind it, and felt like a downgrade. Rosemary is pretty, though...

They even link it to the first game, because
Miranda took Spencer under her wing.

I was actually relieved when I learned it was coming to the PS4. I haven't had much money for a long time. New consoles can be expensive. But it didn't resemble a next gen game to me anyway. Looked like RE7 2.0 to me, really.

Anyway, I haven't heard anything so far about the planned DLC. I wasn't the biggest fan of the game, but it was okay to play through just once. I don't think it has the longevity of the old ones intact. In fact, it doesn't really feel like a RE game. Expect for RE7, of course.

The PS5 version stutters slightly in town and in some other areas like the crystal cave section. I figured they pushed the hardware slightly too hard with some raycasting but I never bothered to try disabling it in the menu.

That garbage looking multiplayer mode got delayed. LOL.

All I care about is the DLC that concerns the main game. Hopefully it will be post ending content, and not some pointless nonsense about that Lady D. :p

Kind of wondering why the DLC is taking so long. They showed Lady Dimitrescu, and I was like, "That's got to be it!" But it wasn't.

I think we should have gotten some update about it by now. At least say something.

Back