Dragon's Dogma [multi]

Just saw this on gaf today for the first time kinda awe struct how fine this looks Skyrim has a worthy challenger. Using a upgraded mt framwork the same engine used in RE 5.
It is a open world action rpg so far that i could find info for it.

From the creators behind some of Capcom’s best action games, including the critically acclaimed Resident Evil® 4 and Devil May Cry® 4, comes their next opus, Dragon’s Dogma. Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma is a unique action experience that blends exciting and fulfilling combat with the freedom to explore and interact in a rich, living and breathing world. With your party of three you set out on an epic adventure to track down and destroy a mysterious dragon. Along the way you’ll encounter some of the biggest and baddest beasts ever to roam the land, and only skilful play and tactical teamwork can save the day.

Utilizing an enhanced version of Capcom’s proprietary MT Framework® engine that delivered the groundbreaking graphical styles and lighting effects used in Resident Evil® 5 and Lost Planet® 2, Dragon’s Dogma expands the environment to create a vast, richly detailed world, ripe for exploration. Dragon’s Dogma will deliver a whole new world of action to PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® in 2012.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENFUV4ST1BM&hd=1

4ML0G.jpg

HJF5r.jpg

U0Un7.jpg

46KWR.jpg

AhfrE.jpg

gBkEr.jpg

First impression
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-04-12-dragons-dogma-article

Last edited by a moderator:
Thought the trailer looked pretty good, but the animation could use some work.

With your party of three you set out on an epic adventure to track down and destroy a mysterious dragon.
This wouldn't mean 3 player co-op would it? :p

PC is left out of the equation?

That's a first for Capcom.:(

I thought that they were very intentionlly trying not to call it an RPG... they just say open-world action game.

It may have RPG elements though (i hope it does), but i think Capcom are very particular about it being thought of as an RPG.

That is amazing, and I think we can already see co-op in there , 4 player co-op ! Looks great and super promising !

It's a single player game actually. The three other guys you have in tow are A.I. controlled "Pawns", one of which you raise yourself. The remainng two you basically have to rent from other players. There's neither co-op nor multi-player.

It's a single player game actually. The three other guys you have in tow are A.I. controlled "Pawns", one of which you raise yourself. The remainng two you basically have to rent from other players. There's neither co-op nor multi-player.

Wait is this confirmed or are you just speculating? If there's no chance in this changing then my interest has dropped significantly. :cry:

That's what the developers themselves said in an interview actually.
The official site describes the game as a "single player many person network" game. You need the connection to get A.I. players from other people, but that's it.

"single player many person network" makes no sense. My interest also drops significantly if there is no co-op.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1161217p1.html

Why do i have a feeling they just want to be different instead of doing the obvious and drop in 6 man coop boss monster to kill could use some more classes.

Can already see it "Yo man do you have a healer specced mage for me, Yeah sure bro here.. Me playing and wondering why the Mage Ai is only firing fire balls at monster.. Then i look at my msn chatbox and my friend posted a trollface picture :rolleyes:"

Why do i have a feeling they just want to be different instead of doing the obvious and drop in 6 man coop boss monster to kill could use some more classes.

Can already see it "Yo man do you have a healer specced mage for me, Yeah sure bro here.. Me playing and wondering why the Mage Ai is only firing fire balls at monster.. Then i look at my msn chatbox and my friend posted a trollface picture :rolleyes:"

:LOL:

I dunno, i'm not so bothered about no coop if true. I generally end up playing coop games like this with randomz, as my friend's with PS3's don't play online with anything but shooters *sigh*

Given Capcom's pedigree with RE5 & LP2, i'd rather they don't bother with designing the game around coop, but instead designing around a solid single player experience. Being able to trade AI players might be a nice little pokemon-like meta game (similar to Assassin's creed Brotherhood but with online functionality). If the game has stats and i can train up my AI cronies, buy and sell them online, then i reckon that'll make for a really fun gameplay feature to compliment what already looks like a real exciting game.

I'm taking a "wait and see" approach with this one :)

"I would ask you a favour, sir." So they expect most gamers to play with a male avatar then... I quite liked the party feel. Sending the allies on, and their feedback, was reasonably natural. This is an area that needs much more improvement next gen.

Back