Deus Ex 3

Gameplay videos by Gamespot look good. PC version doesn't seem much different to me, guess it'll be the ps3 version when I get it eventually. not now though !

This game has really dropped off my radar. The graphics just arent there, last I checked.

Sure graphics arent everything but they help a lot, I like for the games I buy to at least be in the top tier graphically.

It has the advantage of coming out in a slow month though (which more games should do) so if the reviews are really good you never know. But looking at those vids it looks bad graphically. Quite substandard.
The original Deus Ex had pretty crappy graphics (Unreal Engine 1 in 2001). It's also one of the best games ever made. Of course, since the game isn't being made by the original Ion Storm team, I very much have a "wait and see" attitude. Only rarely is the resurrection of a dead IP by a new team any good or particularly faithful to the source material (Metroid Prime being one such example).

Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Your appointment with FEMA should be finalized within the week. I've already discussed the matter with the Senator.

Deus-Ex-pic.jpg

This game drips in atmosphere,and I only played it for half an hour,going for marathon play once I get more time.

Loving it so far.

But who designed the sneak takedown system, its an immersion breaker for me. Im not talking about the animation but the fact that is an ammo based system.

But who designed the sneak takedown system, its an immersion breaker for me. Im not talking about the animation but the fact that is an ammo based system.

Yeah, it's bit weird that it drains one of those batteries. But it's probably done to stop players from taking down all of the enemies that way. This forces you to use some proper stealth, unlike what apparently passes for stealth games these days. At least that's my experience so far, which is still very early on.

It reminds me a lot of playing MGS. One of my favourite games. Looking at the various augmentations, you could make it play very much like it.

I like that it picks up things I do. And getting dialog options that aren't Good, Evil, Clown.

I have heard good things about the game in the XMB GAF chatroom too. One of the guys also mentioned MGS. He is still considering dropping his Ico HD purchase to get DEHR since he has already played Ico.

I beat the first real mission. I tried being stealthy, and not kill anyone.
I saved the hostages, talked the leader out of killing a hostage, and let him go.
Storywise it's kinda cool how the NPC's respond to it. The additional reward is
pretty weak. A discount at the gun shop.
I'm curious how things would have gone differently if I had gone in guns blazing. There are already some hints at things that may effect the game later on because of the way I played.

game is a winner; really well designed and gets you immersed in the world. color me surprised and impressed.

I beat the first real mission. I tried being stealthy, and not kill anyone.
I saved the hostages, talked the leader out of killing a hostage, and let him go.
Storywise it's kinda cool how the NPC's respond to it. The additional reward is
pretty weak. A discount at the gun shop.
I'm curious how things would have gone differently if I had gone in guns blazing. There are already some hints at things that may effect the game later on because of the way I played.

Im playing through much more like Mass Effect than MGS, its cool that both methods are viable (outside of boss battles!). The different choices and ways of playing dont seem to effect the overall story itself much that i can see so far.

Im playing through much more like Mass Effect than MGS, its cool that both methods are viable (outside of boss battles!). The different choices and ways of playing dont seem to effect the overall story itself much that i can see so far.

Yeah, the freedom of choice in terms of story in these types of games is often mostly an illusion. Having seen the pay-off of those things I mentioned earlier, it didn't change much. Still it's nice to hear the NPC's talk about some of the things you did.

I'm just past the first boss fight. If you can call it that.
It's very short.

About the mission before that.
I have to sneak all the way through gang territory to get to an antenna on the roof, only to have them get me out with a helicopter landing on the same roof. What was stopping them from flying me in there aswell?

Playing through the entire game with stealth in hardest difficulty, no alarms until now. I feel like I'm near the end but most of the time you can't really tell with these type of games. the problem is the boss battles, before you even fight the very first boss you know how many more times you have to go through a boss battles at the very least as the first level shows you exactly how many of those augumented supersoldiers exist, Which is why it becomes sort of a sequence, couple of short missions followed by a long one ending with a not so surprise arrival of one of the bosses you saw in the very first level. By the time you fight the last of the remaining bosses you know the game is coming to an end.

I see 4-5 B3D PS3 owners playing this game. ^_^
Is the game buggy ? Someone in the chatroom was complaining about glitches in getting trophies. He had to replay it 4 times.

Never having played any of the previous Deus Ex games I really had little idea on what to expect, but so far I like it quite a lot.
What I didn't expect was that the game would be so heavily mission based. I was under the impression that it would be some 'you vs. world' where you'd go from location to location fighting the odds, instead of the central hub and missions.
That kind of always kills the story for me, mission based gameplay, also I've found such games fail to hold my interest to the end.
At first I thought the game was basically like a new MGS (a good thing), but now I think it's more like a Splinter Cell.

Back