Deus Ex 3

Oh crap, I "hate" those. I may get distracted like inFamous' shard collection and ditch the game soon after. :LOL:

This game feels more like someone took 2 or 3 games and strapped them all together. It's insane, there is so much to do, so much to choose from, and it all works incredibly well. The whole world is just filed with opportunities, things you can do if you just get the right augmentations. But it never forces you to do any one thing. There's always another way around it.

I love how this is still very much a skill based game, instead of being more of a numbers game like most RPG's. Being good at shooting or stealth matters a lot then getting augmentations. That's probably why it never feels like your limited. Like they took something away just so you could buy it as an augmentation later.

Honestly, we need a lot more games like this.

This game feels more like someone took 2 or 3 games and strapped them all together. It's insane, there is so much to do, so much to choose from, and it all works incredibly well. The whole world is just filed with opportunities, things you can do if you just get the right augmentations. But it never forces you to do any one thing. There's always another way around it.

I love how this is still very much a skill based game, instead of being more of a numbers game like most RPG's. Being good at shooting or stealth matters a lot then getting augmentations. That's probably why it never feels like your limited. Like they took something away just so you could buy it as an augmentation later.

Honestly, we need a lot more games like this.

Couldn't agree more. Usually when games mix in mechanics from genres, the quality isn't that great, but everything in this game works pretty damn good. Shooting feels good, stealth works great, and the game is constantly giving you options.

In a world where many games are going for the more "cinematic" linear approach, I agree that we need more games like this.

I just started over again to show the game to a friend. This time killing everyone and generally being an asshole. The NPC's do respond differently compared to a more pacifistic approach. But the game still assumes your being reasonably nice to everyone. The NPC's can be upset with you one moment, and then an important story part kicks in and everyone is back being nice to each other. I guess you can't expect the story to accommodate my
killing every cop at the police station
. But it's kinda cool that they are willing to let you do it in terms of gameplay.

It also nice to see the fact that the game has to work as both a stealth game and a shooter positively effect the shooting aspect of it. If you use your cover well enough during a gun fight, you can easily make the enemies lose track of you. Letting you really play around with them.

Is there a max amount of weapon mods per gun? I see 3 slots on some, but my 10mm has damage, rate of fire, silencer and laser??

Examine the gun. There are some graphs which show how far you can upgrade them.

The trophies seem kinda glitchy. I hacked just about any computer, terminal or door I came across and yet I didn't get the "Hax0r" trophy (which should be awarded after as little as 50 successful hacks, which is almost nothing considering there are literally hundreds of hacking opportunities in the game) I also didn't get the trophy for the bartender side quest in China despite having clearly finished it.
Now I'm on my second run through the game and some of the trophies seem to pop up all over again. (just got the trophy for killing the first boss)

Another weird bug: my tranquilizer rifle, stun gun and melee take-downs actually kill people when they are sitting on chairs or leaning against walls. It only works as advertized when they are on patrol or already aware of my presence.
Well, at least I think they kill people: I do get the merciful bonus for non lethal take downs as one would expect, but when I inspect the bodies the ui displays the skull icon instead of the zzzzzzs.
This is really bumming me out as I'm actually going for a pacifist run this time (which I combined with hard mode and pure stealth no less)

I just got to the top of TYM.
Damn that Jensen is a dumbass. Games that give you a choice in how the story unfolds should really be more careful about what they force upon the player. I didn't climb all the way up there without triggering alarms, only to get one from a cutscene where I could see coming a mile away.

I have encountered few bugs so far. An NPC walking through a closed door. An NPC without arms or a head stuck in the floor. And an alarm that randomly triggered a few times without there being anything that could have triggered it.

The strange thing is, aside from these bugs this is actually quite a polished game. You wouldn't expect it to have them by looking at it. Hopefully they'll release a patch to sort it all out.

It's been awhile since I've played a game that's this hard to put down. I'll save my game with the intention to quit, and there's always something else to check out that'll only take a second. And before I know it another hour has gone by.

Think I'm finally getting close the end. I'm not sure how many hours I've put in it so far, 20 perhaps 30 hours.

I still have 18 praxis points to spend, without feeling the need to buy anything with them. I like that the game basically lets me create my own difficulty setting by choosing which augmentations to buy, or to not buy.

Shooting and stealth are the main gameplay mechanics, but hacking and social skills are both also very useful. I've mostly bought augmentations that allow me to open up alternate routes, or let me solve problems in different ways. There is almost always one or more ways to do things differently.

Don't the saved games tell you how many hours you've put in?

No, it only gives the exact date the save was made.

Eh... what kinda social skills ?

Dialog options, choosing the right things to say can make a lot of difference. And there's also an augmentation that gives you more info on the type of person your dealing with, and also let you influence them in another way.

No, it only gives the exact date the save was made.

I'm sure mine tells me how many hours have been played. I'll check tonight (I may just be imagining things).

EDIT: Yeah, I'm talking shit. That's what happen when you play drunk. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back